• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Well this time tomoro it will be done and I will have my balloon fitted. Really nervous but also ready for this to be done. Thank you for all the helpful words of advice it has helped a lot. I will update you all tomorow night xxx

all the best woody ,see you on the other side!

Best of luck Woody, I'm now on day 6 and I can happily say, the cramps and sickness are settling down now, thank god! I really didn't think it was going to, being able to keep meds down is great, so they can do their job, at my first 2 meals today, homemade soup for lunch and tea and I really enjoyed it. Lost a stone too, probably through starvation haha x

Hi barbs glad you are feeling better. I've been hit with horrendous reflux. Doubled up on my meds which is helping. Hope it settles soon.

Woody how are you feeling hope all went well

X

Hello everyone!

Congratulations to both Barbs and Woody! It gets easier every day! And your losses are amazing! You guys are all losing in a week what I did in three weeks! That's awesome!

Woody, did they sedate you? I haven't had much time to read all the posts so I apologize if I missed something. Looking forward to getting back to normalcy. Vacation has been exhausting and I need to get back to my regimen.

Vacation has been great, just waiting for the car to bring me to the airport. I had one friend with me who's the only one who knows about my balloon (apart from Mom and Hubby) and now I regret telling her. She had a bypass and assumes I'm the same as her and has opinions on everything. I watched her drink 6 diet cokes a day, eat 4 bags of crisps in one sitting, and have 4 pieces of bread with butter, fried calamari, and then follow it with fish and chips (all for dinner last night). Then she had the nerve to say I shouldn't have a glass of wine! I was furious!

I think I've gained as my jeans are snug again, but last vacation I gained almost a stone. I've eaten healthier (no chips, no bread) - lots of fish, sliced tomato as a side dish, eating only 1/2 portions. I know that I've got years of bad habits to fix so I'm quite proud of myself - even if I went up a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day! Keep your fingers crossed that I can get an aisle seat! This fat girl does not enjoy a 10 hour flight stuck in a middle seat!

Hey Kismet, how's the reflux? Any better?

Woody, are you home? Alive? Doing ok?

Barbs, how are you feeling today... Better each day?

Hey Kismet, how's the reflux? Any better? Woody, are you home? Alive? Doing ok? Barbs, how are you feeling today... Better each day?

Welcome home, sounds like you had a fab time. Shame about your friend giving you a hard time. Reflux is still bad. I actually made myself sick last night because I just couldn't clear it. Feeling a bit better this morning but late afternoons are my worse. Another 3lbs gone this week so happy (15lbs total). Any loss next week will see me in the 15stones so I will be very happy bunny.
Off to work now
X

Wow, Kismet! You are dropping weight like crazy! I'm so happy for you! I put on during vacation, but only 3 lbs so I'm not that disappointed in myself. Just need to get it back off before I see the dietitian on Tuesday!

My friend who had the bypass didn't do the liver shrinking diet, has never seen a dietitian, and lives on croissants, pasta, and crisps. She swears that her Doctor (in Egypt) tells her that the best thing to eat is fried food. It blows my mind! I just wish I never told her so I didn't have to get her "advice." Live and learn, right!

How's the reflux today? What about some of the gross, creamy drinking stuff for acid?

Welcome home, sounds like you had a fab time. Shame about your friend giving you a hard time. Reflux is still bad. I actually made myself sick last night because I just couldn't clear it. Feeling a bit better this morning but late afternoons are my worse. Another 3lbs gone this week so happy (15lbs total). Any loss next week will see me in the 15stones so I will be very happy bunny.
Off to work now
X

I wish I could sound hopeful here but I had reflux from start to finish 24/7 and by the end I had built up a list as long as your arm on what triggered it ..decaf tea and coffee were my biggest triggers along with anything that a hint of spice :mad:. It was a very monotonous and uncomfy 6 months :sigh:
Are you on any medication for it? ..if not speak to your provider. I was on lanzaperole 2x:daily which I was told to double up on a month or so in as the reflux was still there. Even then it didn't go away.
I also had the head f the bed raised up by four inches which helped a bit. Good luck kismet

Aww kismet, hope you've got some relief from the reflux and its eased, acid indigestion is awful, try yogurt and milk it really soothes.

Wonder how Woody's doing? Best of luck to you, let us know how you are when you're feeling up to it.

Nesie you'll soon get those few vacation pounds off don't worry, as long as you enjoyed them hehe xx

This time last week I thought I was dying, the pain, sickness and cramps were unbearable, today I feel like a completely different person, haven't been sick for 2 days and have actually started eating woohoo, made a fresh pan of homemade soup yesterday, full off goodness just to build my strength back up, had some for lunch and dinner yesterday, had a bit of porridge this morning too, 16lb off in 7 days is a bit scary but I'm happy with it, speak to you all soon xx

I wish I could sound hopeful here but I had reflux from start to finish 24/7 and by the end I had built up a list as long as your arm on what triggered it ..decaf tea and coffee were my biggest triggers along with anything that a hint of spice :mad:. It was a very monotonous and uncomfy 6 months :sigh:
Are you on any medication for it? ..if not speak to your provider. I was on lanzaperole 2x:daily which I was told to double up on a month or so in as the reflux was still there. Even then it didn't go away.
I also had the head f the bed raised up by four inches which helped a bit. Good luck kismet

I'm on FastTab Lansoprazole 30mg each morning too, but if I suffer any heartburn that won't settle I just take another one, I'm sure doubling up won't do any harm, with a little milk too x

Barbs I would still verify with your GP/surgeon first just to make sure. I had terrible constipation when the dose was increased. Funnily though milk made it worse for me.
There was many a day I just wanted to phone up mr Stuart and say right book me in NOW, I want this darn thing out! Unfortunately I needed to get my BMI down to 50 before I could move onto a bypass so I stuck with it and if I am honest I have found my bypass far easier to cope with than I did the balloon with its reflux!

Barbs I would still verify with your GP/surgeon first just to make sure. I had terrible constipation when the dose was increased. Funnily though milk made it worse for me.
There was many a day I just wanted to phone up mr Stuart and say right book me in NOW, I want this darn thing out! Unfortunately I needed to get my BMI down to 50 before I could move onto a bypass so I stuck with it and if I am honest I have found my bypass far easier to cope with than I did the balloon with its reflux!

Yeh I will do, just to be on the safe side, you're right.

I was tempted to go to A & E and tell them to take it out last week I must admit, the cramps were unbearable, can't believe how different I feel a week on, its really scared me about the bypass now though, I'm starting to think I couldn't bare pain like it again, but when this comes out putting weight on also scares me, I'm going to take this next 6 months to learn when I feel hungry, full, eating better and exercise and see how I feel, see the dietician in 3 weeks to will hopefully be eating more of a healthier varied diet by then too, thanks femfrankie x

@Barbs - not sure if you guys have it there but we have a heartburn relief gum called Chooz; it's over the counter but may be good to use between your pills.

@Barbs - not sure if you guys have it there but we have a heartburn relief gum called Chooz; it's over the counter but may be good to use between your pills.

That sounds good Nesie, I like a bit of chewing gum too, will ask my pharmacist thanks x

Hi guys thanks for your messages. Doubled up on lasoprazole and have been given domperidone to see if that helps. Tea is out as is tomatoes lol. Milk and yogurt help for short periods. Fingers crossed the dom makes a difference.
It is a little easier today but still there. 2 weeks down, 24 to go lol x

Hi guys thanks for your messages. Doubled up on lasoprazole and have been given domperidone to see if that helps. Tea is out as is tomatoes lol. Milk and yogurt help for short periods. Fingers crossed the dom makes a difference.
It is a little easier today but still there. 2 weeks down, 24 to go lol x

Aww kismet I hope you can get some relief with the double lasoprszole, what about trying some peppermint tea or camomile tea, I've heard they are good for acid, I couldn't stomach tea or coffee at first so drank cranberry and orange tea, hope it eases for you, are you only 2 weeks in? 1 week in for me x

Back