• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Ha ha welcome to my world. Heating on, electric blanket on. Been soooooo cold since this started.
We used to clean nasogastric tubes with soda water when I was on the wards. That's why I asked tonight and she said it was ok just don't over do it
X

It is so good to hear how things are going day to day. Sounds like you are all doing really well.
I have been told my balloon will be done under local anaesthetic spray to the back of the throat so dreading it. Equally excited to be starting my journey.
Thank you everyone as this thread is helping me loads
Xxxxxxxxx

Woody,

Can't you get sedation? I wouldn't want to be awake for that. Afraid I would flip out. Bad enough that I (accidentally) punched one of the nurses in the face when they were bringing me into the O.R. Oops!

Ha ha welcome to my world. Heating on, electric blanket on. Been soooooo cold since this started. We used to clean nasogastric tubes with soda water when I was on the wards. That's why I asked tonight and she said it was ok just don't over do it X

I think my body is finally adjusting to the 1,000 calorie a day diet. Not only am I losing weight, but I'm freezing! Last night I shut off the A/C in our house for the first time in three years and I put an extra blanket on when I slept. Brrrr! I guess there isn't enough wood in the fire :)

How are you feeling today? Day 5, right? I think that's when I got tired of yogurt and Jello and had some real food. Are you going to try work or just wait until next week? How are the cramps? Better? Don't forget to keep up your fluids!

Hi neisie, feeling much better so far today. Cramps settled and had a full nights sleep. Yep day 5. Will stick to fluids today but will try something soft to eat tomorrow. Plan to go back to work tomorrow too.
I am hoping things will continue to improve
I think my partner is trying to sabotage things. He informed me last night he has booked us a table at a new restaurant in the village. It's on the 15th of this month. I have tried talking to him but like most men he just sulks lol. Think he is going to be my biggest challenge throughout this
Bet you are getting excited now for your trip.
X

My husband and I have been out a few times. The first time I had some spicy food - that didn't stay down. We did dim sum which is really low cal and that was great. Last week we tried this new Peruvian theater club. The food was divine. We ordered 4 appetizers - I took one piece off each plate which was plenty for me and I got to try everything. He ate the rest and was happy as a clam. Look at the menu before you go, make a decision on what you are going to have, and discuss it with your partner do he understands how important it is. You'll do great!

I will just have to be sensible with my choices.
Not sure if I've done the right thing but have just had a scrambled egg with a slither of steamed salmon. Not because I'm hungry but because I feel my body needs protein as getting shakey and light headed. 2 days before I should be on soft foods but needs must xx

Did it stay down? My first foods were Bolognaise (just the sauce) and scrambled eggs. They were divine! I can't imagine doing weeks of liquids like the bypassers, I would've gone crazy! Keep up the good work!

I don't think il be able to get sedation but I will ask. Just want this week to be over.
Sounds like everyone is doing great xx
How long does the cramps and nausea usually last?

Woody,

You've almost made it - just one more week! The nausea lasted about five days, but it got better as each day passed. The cramps were about the same but sometimes I still get a few when I drink too much water. It's really been an easy process for me, I'm surprised as I was expecting the worst. You'll be happy once it's in and you can start your journey!

Thank you Neisie
I can cope with 5 days cramps and nausea that's not bad just gotta look at the bigger picture
Xx

Just finished at the doctor for my 3.5 week check-up (will be away for the one month). I'm down exactly 8 kilos (17.6 lbs) and my BMI is 30.25 - so close to being out of obese and back into overweight!!!!! Not bad for 3.5 weeks! It's not just the balloon, though. I think that's a 20,000 Dhs helper :) but I'm staying at 1,000 calories a day and burning 7-800 calories a day by working out. It's not easy but I'm happy with my results!

Hi neisie, you are doing so well you must be really proud of yourself. Well my egg and salmon stayed down and I feel so much better for it. I am looking forward to my 1st week weigh in on Thursday. 1st day back at work too so I have organised breakfast, fluids and lunch. Hopefully will all go to plan.
Will you be keeping us updated while you are away? Have a fab time
Xx

I don't think il be able to get sedation but I will ask. Just want this week to be over. Sounds like everyone is doing great xx How long does the cramps and nausea usually last?

Hi woody,
Like neisie my nausea cramps have lasted about 5days. If you are given anti sickness tablets make sure you take them regularly even if you don't feel sick. If you get the cramps get up and move. My consultant showed me how to move my balloon and I do this a few times a day. Try sleeping well supported by pillows. I cannot sleep on my right side as it is too uncomfortable.
You will be fine, you sound like you are prepared for the worse, keep us updated and ask any questions.
X

Hey guys - like Kismet said, I also had big problems sleeping on my right side. I think the weight of the balloon hanging is uncomfortable and it would make me nauseous. However, even that went away after about two weeks.

I just finished an hour of torture with my trainer and now mani/pedi, a few hours of work, packing, and off to the airport. I will be in touch - God knows I'll need the support whilst there! I'm cage diving with Great Whites on Saturday so if I'm not here after that I guess I became shark bait :p

Kismet - really looking forward to your one week weigh in! Good luck!!!!

I never could sleep on my left side all through my balloon journey but this was probably due to both a hiatus hernia and intragastric hernia I had :(

Congrats Neisie and well done kismet :)

Well done Neisie and Kismet
Enjoy your hols Neisie, my hubby has always wanted to swim with great whites so he's very jealous lol xx

Back