• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Well done kismet :)

So I barely slept on the plane and ate more than I should have :( Probably would've been easier if they weren't serving duck and lamb and Moët! I feel like I binged yesterday (finished my dinner) and had awful cramps at night, though prob bc I drank to quickly after eating. Not my best performance.

Today I'm back on track - had Eggs Benedict for breakfast but on tomato instead of toast. Then hit the gym for an hour. There's no scale in the hotel so I've only got my conscience to keep me in line!

So I barely slept on the plane and ate more than I should have :( Probably would've been easier if they weren't serving duck and lamb and Moët! I feel like I binged yesterday (finished my dinner) and had awful cramps at night, though prob bc I drank to quickly after eating. Not my best performance. Today I'm back on track - had Eggs Benedict for breakfast but on tomato instead of toast. Then hit the gym for an hour. There's no scale in the hotel so I've only got my conscience to keep me in line![/QUOTE

Well neisie you've had your binge drawn a line and got on with the task in hand. Enjoy yourself. When are you cage diving xx

Thanks guys! Was good at lunch, had a grilled calamari salad. Dinner I had 1/2 dozen raw oysters and 3 pieces of raw tuna. No snacks and quite a bit of walking. Tomorrow I've got a Weight Watchers granola bar and a banana packed for the ride to Gaansbai where we go shark diving! Pick up is at 8 am, I am totally thrilled!

Attachments

• image-1668340473.jpg
    image-1668340473.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image-3228502808.jpg
    image-3228502808.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 86
Well I'm on day 3 since having the balloon inserted, cramps, sickness, bloating, heartburn, much harder and more painful than I ever imagined, can't keep much fluid down and haven't at more than a couple of teaspoons of food, hoping it will ease, not feeling well at all :-(

Well I'm on day 3 since having the balloon inserted, cramps, sickness, bloating, heartburn, much harder and more painful than I ever imagined, can't keep much fluid down and haven't at more than a couple of teaspoons of food, hoping it will ease, not feeling well at all :-(

Barbs sorry to hear this. Have you been given anti sickness tablets and are you taking them regularly? I didn't have any food except soups for the 1st 5 days so try sticking to regular sips of fluids. Did your surgeon show you how to move the balloon? That really helps me when I get the odd cramps. It will settle
Kx

Aww thanks so much, finding it really hard and trying to keep on top of the anti sickness tablets they gave me, ondansetron 4mg up to 3 times a day, I'm so thirsty but scared to drink, looking for the light at the end of the tunnel xx

Aww thanks so much, finding it really hard and trying to keep on top of the anti sickness tablets they gave me, ondansetron 4mg up to 3 times a day, I'm so thirsty but scared to drink, looking for the light at the end of the tunnel xx

You must take your ondasatrone regularly I've only just stopped them and I'm day 9. Don't try and drink a cup/glass just keep sipping regularly throughout the day. I hated complan milkshakes so drank plain milk and that seemed to settle my tummy
You'll do fine xx

Kismett, how do you move the balloon? I'm 4 months in and have had awfull cramps every night for the past week.

Hi missyjynxy, this is what I was told
Either lie on your back or left side (although I do it standing up too)
Make a fist with your right hand or use the ball of your palm I and place it just below your belly button
Push your fist/hand up towards your left shoulder
This moves the balloon and especially if you feel sick which may be due to the balloon stopping food moving out of the stomach
I do this a few times a day and it works for me
Good luck let me know how it goes
Kx

Hope u feeling better soon barbs73 u can do it just think of the bigger picture.
Mine is getting fitted in 2 days and counting lol
Just the start for me before having surgery xxx

Hi missyjynxy, this is what I was told
Either lie on your back or left side (although I do it standing up too)
Make a fist with your right hand or use the ball of your palm I and place it just below your belly button
Push your fist/hand up towards your left shoulder
This moves the balloon and especially if you feel sick which may be due to the balloon stopping food moving out of the stomach
I do this a few times a day and it works for me
Good luck let me know how it goes
Kx

It worked! Thank you so much. I tried moving it around a few times yesterday and I slept all night. I had no sickness or cramps.

Not doing too bad. I've lost 16kg so far. I've been lucky with it, I'd had no sickness or anything until this past week. It's due out in January, then hopefully in for a bypass.

Thanks guys, managed today to keep my meds down after working out when's the best time to take them without vomiting them back up, only been sick once today, still bad cramps and feeling sick, but I think I'm getting there, day 4 for me and nearly died when I got on the scales and seen I'd lost 11 lb in 4 days, been the hardest thing I've ever done, I'm hoping this is the start of it easing, I really do x

Back