• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chichester - St Richards

Finally!! Got an email this morning from PALS confirming my MDT assessment on 28 November! Yippee!! I know it's still 6 weeks away but it's going to fly by I know it! So happy! Waiting for the letter in the posts! :)

Good luck on your surgery

Nope, but I've been talking to a lady on Facebook who's MDT was in June and they're only just getting dates for dec/jan. So looks like it's a 6month wait from MDT to surgery

uh Hun! Just PMd you! :)

Hi birdie! Hope you got good news at your MDT!

I've finally got my hospital list through, I've told them I want St Richards so now just waiting to hear something from them, thinking a questionnaire is the next step. If you could let me know what I should expect at the MDT meeting I would be ever so greatful. X

Hi lumpy!

Yes it was good news thankfully! You will get a questionnaire through, fill it in as honestly as possible. They did mention some things while I was there on Friday but they concentrate more on the food diary and you tried and tested diets.

I had my first appt with the Bariatric nurse, she discussed what type of surgery and what I wanted it. Then I saw the dietitian, she was lovely. She discussed the changes I've made and how I've thought about moving forward if I got surgery. Then I saw the pushy who was nice but also the worst in that she asks specific questions and steers you to the next question - but she's just checking you mental capability to cope with the surgery. Then I saw the physician who checks your physical state - blood pressure etc

Then I had lunch up in the restaurant - and back downstairs by 13:30. Saw the surgeon and anaesthetist and got the go ahead. Then had a final group meeting with the dietician to recap on pre op diets etc Now we wait for pre op appt.

Out of 6 of us only one was declined. We didn't get to hear why he was declined.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask questions if you have any. Oh and it's about 3 months to get your MDT after you've sent in the questionnaire. Surgeon told me the waiting time for surgery is 3-6 months!

Hi lumpy! Yes it was good news thankfully! You will get a questionnaire through, fill it in as honestly as possible. They did mention some things while I was there on Friday but they concentrate more on the food diary and you tried and tested diets. I had my first appt with the Bariatric nurse, she discussed what type of surgery and what I wanted it. Then I saw the dietitian, she was lovely. She discussed the changes I've made and how I've thought about moving forward if I got surgery. Then I saw the pushy who was nice but also the worst in that she asks specific questions and steers you to the next question - but she's just checking you mental capability to cope with the surgery. Then I saw the physician who checks your physical state - blood pressure etc Then I had lunch up in the restaurant - and back downstairs by 13:30. Saw the surgeon and anaesthetist and got the go ahead. Then had a final group meeting with the dietician to recap on pre op diets etc Now we wait for pre op appt. Out of 6 of us only one was declined. We didn't get to hear why he was declined. Hope that helps, feel free to ask questions if you have any. Oh and it's about 3 months to get your MDT after you've sent in the questionnaire. Surgeon told me the waiting time for surgery is 3-6 months!

Oh wow!! Fantastic news hunni! How amazing is 2015 going to be for you! You must be overjoyed, so happy for you :)

What sort of questions does the councillor ask? I'm so nervous about it all!

Do you remember how long after you told 4healthy weight which hospital you wanted you received your questionnaire?

Do you know what type of questions they are?

I'm so worried I'm going to do something wrong lol
Did you have to have blood tests at all? X

Sorry for all the questions! Lol x

Hi Lumpy!

Well, no blood tests. The questionnaire is just about your previous diets and they ask for a weeks food diary. And some other stuff!

The councillor just wanted to establish why I wanted surgery how I'd made changes and if I was educated enough to have it. She also wanted to know what changes I had made compared to what I was doing before!

Don't stress hun!

It was a good 3 month wait for the MDT appt unfortunately and I think with Xmas in the mix it might be a bit longer now! :-(

Hi Lumpy! Well, no blood tests. The questionnaire is just about your previous diets and they ask for a weeks food diary. And some other stuff! The councillor just wanted to establish why I wanted surgery how I'd made changes and if I was educated enough to have it. She also wanted to know what changes I had made compared to what I was doing before! Don't stress hun! It was a good 3 month wait for the MDT appt unfortunately and I think with Xmas in the mix it might be a bit longer now! :-(
Awww Thankyou for answering all my many questions lol

I know my referral has come at totally the wrong time, I keep thinking I hope it doesn't get lost in the christmas post! Would be just my luck :-(

To be honest I'm hoping to get my surgery around August time if they say yes. The children will be on school holidays then and would make getting childcare a lot easier for me so I wouldn't mind a wait after the MDT but I'm just desperate to get that out of the way so I know either way.

It's just the not knowing that drives you insane! Lol

Have you been given a target loss at all? X

Hi there im having my MDT on 12th December so excited ! I'm currently banded and have had so many problems with it and Mr pring said enough is enough and he put me down for bypass surgery but he wants to get it done ASAP !?? I don't know if ASAP means ASAP if you know what I mean but I sure do hope so ! I'm hoping it will be about 6-8 weeks but hey ho I've had to wait over a year to get here so a few more weeks won't hurt !

Hi Lumpy!

Nope, no loss target at all they didn't even mention it!

August is a good time as you say for holidays but I think it might be before then (a little maybe) but I suppose you can push it back if need be!?

MrsSaggs, good luck for the 12th! There was also a banded lady having revision surgery in our group she also was told the same thing regarding life or death. When I asked the nurse if the prioritise she said not unless it's life or death but if it was that person would be in a different hospital / category altogether! Hopefully Mr Pring has something up his sleeve for you! (Mr Slater is my Surgeon!)

Hi Lumpy! Nope, no loss target at all they didn't even mention it! August is a good time as you say for holidays but I think it might be before then (a little maybe) but I suppose you can push it back if need be!? MrsSaggs, good luck for the 12th! There was also a banded lady having revision surgery in our group she also was told the same thing regarding life or death. When I asked the nurse if the prioritise she said not unless it's life or death but if it was that person would be in a different hospital / category altogether! Hopefully Mr Pring has something up his sleeve for you! (Mr Slater is my Surgeon!)

Sorry I meant she was also told the same thing regarding the waiting times

Hi Birdie, brilliant,I just wasn't sure if we would be asked to lose a certain amount before surgery.

Well if I get a yes I will be overjoyed! If I do get a yes and my date is before August I think I'd just try and work around it, want to get it done ASAP incase they move the goalposts! You never know! X x
Thankyou for your help hun, keep me updated with your Journey, fingers crossed you get your date through soon x

Hi there im having my MDT on 12th December so excited ! I'm currently banded and have had so many problems with it and Mr pring said enough is enough and he put me down for bypass surgery but he wants to get it done ASAP !?? I don't know if ASAP means ASAP if you know what I mean but I sure do hope so ! I'm hoping it will be about 6-8 weeks but hey ho I've had to wait over a year to get here so a few more weeks won't hurt !

Fingers crossed your wait won't be too long x

Back