• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chichester - St Richards

I was just told not to put any weight on. They didnt insist on a specific amount of weight to lose. Dont know if that differs from patient to patient. X

I'm still waiting for my questionnaire from St Richards, do you think I should phone someone and make sure it hasn't been lost in the post? Who should I phone? X

Last edited:
Great! Really peed off, I haven't been referred yet as someone didn't pass on the message I left for the bariatric co ordinator as to what hospital I wanted! Good job I rang to ask!!! Fuming, now it's the Xmas post, departments shut over crimbo and I'm left in limbo :-( fed up

Oh Lumpy I'm so annoyed on your behalf! How very annoying and off ticking!! People don't seem to get how important this is to us! And the worst part is that there's squat we can do about it!! I would be on their case come 5th January (St Richards) to make sure they've got the referral!

Aww that's rubbish, hopefully it'll be sorted soon for you. Have you heard anymore birdie? The ladies I no who had the mdt in June have just been given dates beginning of January. So I think, if they do them at the same rate, I'll be March/April :( seems do far away x

No Harley only had a letter a couple of days back confirming my successful acceptance for the surgery (yay!!) but nothing else.. I think it's harder when you're waiting for the MDT and not knowing if you'll be accepted. I know the wait for the op is long but I feel better about that than I did before I knew! March April for you isn't so far away? :) that means April / May for me! ?:-D

No I couldn't, found a lady who's mdt was easily may who had her op few weeks ago, so about 6 months x

Last edited:
Just seen a lady has been given her date in Feb so I will be after this, which will have been 5months wait :(

Good time to have surgery....plenty of time to get into that little black dress for next Christmas! I had mine in April this year...and have just worn a dress that shows my legs for the first time since I was a teen! Good luck both of you! X

Still no news only a few weeks until I hit 18 weeks since MDT, some on facebook seem to think that they have to offer an alternative (private) hospital if you've waited that long, 18 weeks is the maximum you can wait on a list but i'm not sure if that counts for weight loss surgery. I keep wanting to phone them but I hate phones. Saw somewhere that people are now being told there is a 6 month wait from MDT to surgery. :( just want it done now. Have you heard anymore Birdie?

Thanks Pauline x

Hi Harley, was thinking about you yesterday! Can't believe it's taken so long.. I would definitely phone the last thing you want is to find a clerical error somewhere?! Did you get a letter after your MDT to confirm that you've been accepted for surgery?

I've not heard anything but I'm only just coming up for 6 weeks from my MDT appt! I've emailed them yesterday but don't realistically expect an answer until at least mid Jan!

Let me know if you call and what they say?

Yes I got a copy of a letter they sent to my dr, telling them I had been approved or surgery.

Bit of a development today, I found out a few people from my mdt had dates, they found out before Xmas and their op is Feb. so I called them but all they could tell me is that I'm still on the list but they don't have a date for me yet.
Also Qa in Portsmouth have suspended all none urgent ops this month, and a lady at Chichester had her op cancelled yesterday because they had no beds so I hope that's not a sign of things to come!

Did you email bariatric direct?

Back