• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couch to 5k anybody? ( C25k)

Didn't get chance to do this yesterday, but started today.
Did 30 mins on the treadmill, then the 30 min Week 1 walk/run, and guess what? It hasn't killed me - in fact, I feel really good!
Roll on tomorrow!
:)

it's a good feeling isn't it Louanne? You'd have thought I'd completed a marathon and won a gold medal when I managed the first session. I should have done wk 2 ,run 2 this evening but have had a dining disaster and been frothing and throwing up all evening! I'm very disappointed but will do it tomorrow-before I eat !!

I planned on starting, but this preop diet is making me so tired. It's ask I can do to just go to work. Hopefully I'll feel better shortly and I can start.

I didn't realise you were on your pre-op diet Mel. if it's your 'actual' pre-op diet, not a 'lose some before my pre op diet' then are you sure it's a good time to start? Don't want to discourage you but the pre-op diets are pretty low cal and you won't be able to run for some time after the op. You will be able to walk though, so perhaps you could start building up your walking now, and d we can still support you on here till you can walk 5k post op?
I was way to fat to run before my op and am still somewhat heavy for a jogger nearly 6 months out lol !

I tried to do that c25k today and felt stupid I think I'm too fat to do it :'( it just hurt! I may have to just do the walking until after my op Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

There's no way I could have done it before my op Toni, and it's pretty bloody hard now. I I am still obese so hope it will get better when I get to be overweight !! I could hardly walk six months ago and when I did, I was very slow and only managed a few hundred feet! I wish I had worked harder before my op to build up my walking, as I feel so much better for being mobile xx

Miss Tickle said:
There's no way I could have done it before my op Toni, and it's pretty bloody hard now. I I am still obese so hope it will get better when I get to be overweight !! I could hardly walk six months ago and when I did, I was very slow and only managed a few hundred feet! I wish I had worked harder before my op to build up my walking, as I feel so much better for being mobile xx

At my size I'm surprised I can walk as well as I can I can even jog in tiny amounts somehow but im not a fast walker I've noticed in the last year I've got worse that's what's shocked me into pestering my docs into referring me cos I'm getting scared now I'm fully noticing my weight/size Xx

You're totally doing the right thing. Your young and shifting it now will give you the opportunity for a long, happy fit life ahead. Keep on moving though hun- it's good you can walk coz if you don't use it , you lose it. I see from your stats that you are carrying quite a load, so swimming would be much better than jogging for you right now. it burns lots of calories, is great for respiration but doesn't put strain on the joints like jogging does. Keep walking for now. There'll be plenty of running time when you're a bit lighter. Keep posting here so we can support each other - pretty pleez xx

Miss Tickle said:
You're totally doing the right thing. Your young and shifting it now will give you the opportunity for a long, happy fit life ahead. Keep on moving though hun- it's good you can walk coz if you don't use it , you lose it. I see from your stats that you are carrying quite a load, so swimming would be much better than jogging for you right now. it burns lots of calories, is great for respiration but doesn't put strain on the joints like jogging does. Keep walking for now. There'll be plenty of running time when you're a bit lighter. Keep posting here so we can support each other - pretty pleez xx

Of course I will I need all of you on here so much you are all brilliant support I hope I can be as much support to you too, last year I used to go swimming 2ce a week and am going to get back into it when I can bring myself to buy a costume! But yeah I never noticed I was so heavy some how! But its hit me this year so I'm glad I'm getting the chance to change, my surgeon was so happy about my age which gave me a lot of confidence in the op :) I've never been honest with anyone about my weight so its great to be able to here xxx

Yes, I'm on the actual preop diet. My surgery is in 13 days! I'm sooooo tired. Not sure I can manage even walking extra right now. I walk a lot at work so I'm not just sitting. But, for sure I want to do c25k as soon as I can!

Newmelani said:
Yes, I'm on the actual preop diet. My surgery is in 13 days! I'm sooooo tired. Not sure I can manage even walking extra right now. I walk a lot at work so I'm not just sitting. But, for sure I want to do c25k as soon as I can!

Aaww bless ya not long now! ... I wanna do the c25k ASAP too Xx

Finished week 2 today. I did it on the treadmill at the gym because it was so windy here, and dh wanted to come to the gym with me. I had a lovely swim and steam afterwards and feel great now.
I didn't like jogging indoors as much as outside. It's sort of easier but I got much sweatier and missed the cool air round my face.
Am terrified of week 3...

Miss Tickle said:
Finished week 2 today. I did it on the treadmill at the gym because it was so windy here, and dh wanted to come to the gym with me. I had a lovely swim and steam afterwards and feel great now.
I didn't like jogging indoors as much as outside. It's sort of easier but I got much sweatier and missed the cool air round my face.
Am terrified of week 3...

Aw sounds like your doing really well honey keep going :) I can't wait to get to that point huni ... well done :) Xx

Thanks toni. I need all the encouragement I can get !
Love your new profile pic by the way. You look lovely !!
xx

Miss Tickle said:
Thanks toni. I need all the encouragement I can get !
Love your new profile pic by the way. You look lovely !!
xx

Your very welcome hun just keep at it, it will get easier I'm sure :) .... aaawww thank you its about 8 months old and a complete lie Haha (ok so it is really me but just a well angled camera lol)

Newmelani said:
Nothing better than a well angled camera! We all know that! :-D you look beautiful!

Haha bless ya thank you, I hope 1 day to not need the "well angled" camera Haha ..... you are all very beautiful :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

U can add me to this :) defo going to give it a go post op and I'm sure my dogs will love it to if I can run with them xxx good luck ladies and gents xxx

Back