• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couch to 5k anybody? ( C25k)

Oh this is one of my goals!! I would love love love to one day be able to run! Im petrified at the moment tho to even begin because my fitness is so bad. I managed a six mile walk today at a decent pace so i want to continue that for a while until it doesn't leave me like a sweaty tomato then hopefully get stuck in. Are you lot doing it on a treadmill?x x

I've had a bit of a hold up with a sore back and shoulder but am still enjoying it. I did a couple of sessions on the treadmill in the very cold weather but usually do it outside (at night under the cover of darkness lol 0. I much prefer it outside, I like the fresh air. I get way too hot and sweaty in the gym

Oh well done, id love to have the courage to run outside! That's assuming i can actually run at all!
I really would love to get to a point that i could go out feeling even half confident in myself to jog around the block. It's hard with the baby tho so i think a treadmill would be ideal for the moment. Hopefully one comes along soon :)

I cannot wait to join you ladies on doing this! I dont think my knees or hips could take it at the moment, but give me a couple of months and I really want to do this!

It's great. I thoroughly recommend it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be able to run continuously for 30 minutes but I can now !!

Good luck with it Louise. Believe me if I can do it anyone can. I've got an injury at the moment and can't run and it's driving me mad. I never thought I'd MISS running lol !

Well done you. Did you follow a couch to 5k app? I'm up to the part where I run 3 minutes, walk 1 1/2 minutes, run 5 minutes & repeat. Each week looks so hard & I don't think I can do it but somehow I do!
Did you take rest days? I'm trying to run every other day at the gym and alternate with weights.
xx

Hi Louise, I downloaded the C25k programme from the NHS website and followed it to the t. I ran 3 times a week and walked or swam on two days. It's amazing how you think you can't do the next weeks sessions and then do ! I only ran 3 times at the gym. I discovered I hate the treadmill. I really like being outside feeling the elements on my face. Running at the gym made me feel very self concious and anxious- and too hot!
I would be running 4 times week now if I wasn't injured and can't wait to get back to it. I've joined a running group and had been to the first session before getting injured. It's good because they do different things to help you with your pace and is very sociable. I'm so pee-ed off to have missed the second session. There are some good forums to look at too.
I got a subscription to Womens Running magazine ( 6 issues for £5.00) which has good tips in it too and they have a forum.
I really am slow but have decided that that's okay - I've come a long way from being practically unable to walk less than a year ago.
Enjoy
xx

Back