• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cross Trainer

lisa x

is very happy!
hi
Can any one advise a good make of cross trainer to buy.
I have been looking at a few but I don't want a cheap one that will fall apart with my weight on it.
Its quite a mine field.
I am looking at buying a York x301 elliptical.
Any advice is appreciated x x x x

Hey,
Ive a Reebok treadmill and i love it , its like the ones at the gym . my sister has a Reebok cross trainer and loves it. you should look on ebay its defo something people buy and hang washing on , so might save looking on there. xx

oooo i would say ebay to!! people always buy them then never used!!! tho personally i do feel the cross trainer was made from the depths of hell :)) xx

<<run>> save yourself...........

oooo julie!!!!!! do you like running? hahahhahahha i can think of nothing worse!!!!! id rather take cross trainer and thats saying something xx

Carl Lewis is a good brand and maximum user weight is 120kgs (19 stone)
Be careful what you buy some only have a max user weight of about 15 stone

I can do the cross trainers at the gym...
But for some reason I cant do treadmills.(who would have thought it would be so hard to walk in a straight line!)
I have decided to get one for home...
I have kept my eye out for one on ebay..but keep getting outbid.
I have looked at the Reebok.But some of them wouldn't take my weight..
Thanks for the advice ladies.
LOL at Julie...I would usually run(I say run but it would be more of a stroll.lol) a mile from exercise machines but now I have funding in place I know they are going to ask me to shift 5% of my weight...
I have to do something..these are the lowest impact machines I can use without to much having pain.
x x x

Carl Lewis is a good brand and maximum user weight is 120kgs (19 stone)
Be careful what you buy some only have a max user weight of about 15 stone
I am 20 stone so I know I have to spend to get a half decent one that wont break..:sigh:
I have been through 2 in the past and they were cheap ones from argos.:eek:
false economy me thinks...!
I am not one for the gym(to intimidating) so I have to commit to some sort of exercise.
This weight is not going to shift with food/diet alone.

I am 20 stone so I know I have to spend to get a half decent one that wont break..:sigh:
I have been through 2 in the past and they were cheap ones from argos.:eek:
false economy me thinks...!
I am not one for the gym(to intimidating) so I have to commit to some sort of exercise.
This weight is not going to shift with food/diet alone.

Got to admit used mine at nearly 21 stone without a problem ;)
Bought this one because I knew it wouldn't be long before I would be under 19 stone it is also an insentive

Mine at home is a Reebok and the maximum weight for it is 20 stone, its ok but not a patch on the gym standard ones which would cost a fortune and probably take over whichever room you have it in! York is a really good make and a lot of gyms have their equipment.

The gym can be very intimidating - have you got any of the ladies only gyms near you, sometimes eliminating the macho posing men can make you feel more comfortable.

hi i have been thinking about excercise t00
and me thinks after lapband maybe i could do al little tennis on the nintendo wii and maybe swim twice a week (if cosie will fit) and may be one day at the gym doing gym stuff (mind the last time i went to the gym i got all the gear fancy trainner and all and went only twice on a years membership. But this time..... watch out world slimslo is coming back.. i hope would this be too much and can anyone suggest something not so exhaustive cause just reading it, it making me sweat...lol

hi i have been thinking about excercise t00
and me thinks after lapband maybe i could do al little tennis on the nintendo wii and maybe swim twice a week (if cosie will fit) and may be one day at the gym doing gym stuff (mind the last time i went to the gym i got all the gear fancy trainner and all and went only twice on a years membership. But this time..... watch out world slimslo is coming back.. i hope would this be too much and can anyone suggest something not so exhaustive cause just reading it, it making me sweat...lol

I have had two of cross trainer in the past and lost weight,but they broke(to cheap)
i did find they were the easiest way of serious exersize at home. I just had to make sure it lived down stairs though, so it didn't end up a clothes horse.lol
I have a wii too..they are great!!!
The only reason I want to invest in a good one is because I know my weight wont shift with diet alone(I am on insulin)
I am prepared to spend the money but it does seem there is a lot of price differences and quality of machines.

Swimming and walking are working for me I have access to the gym at my brothers house but it is a 25mile round trip to use it so I dont use it. I try to go swimming 2 or 3 times a week

Swimming and walking are working for me I have access to the gym at my brothers house but it is a 25mile round trip to use it so I dont use it. I try to go swimming 2 or 3 times a week
hi...
I go swimming every Tuesday...its great...and doesn't hurt..lol
My kids have private lessons so I go in the lanes..
When I get this surgery I think I will up the swimming...:D

I go the gym twice a week as part of my "activity for life" i hate the x trainer more than anything! it could be the combination of needing you to use arms and legs at same time i dont know lol but i wish my gym didnt have 1 !!!

Back