• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dated for surgery

Hi Just to update you all I have now been dated for surgery Yippee! 27th November. Not wanting to sound ungrateful or negative I have some worries 1.Im likely to be off for the Christmas period at work which is not going to go down well with the Christmas rota 2.Its going to be Christmas lol !!!Eeeeek really hope I dont come across as ungrateful was hoping for end of Oct ..I suppose whats to be will be and may be theres a reason for that date .Pre op beg of Nov so i will start the DDDRRRR !!! Liver shrinking diet!However Im very happy its all coming together and soon I will be slim again..:D

Hey Sharona, you sound nervous not negative. Work can work around you at the end of the day this is YOUR journey, as re : it being Christmas remember it comes every year.
One year you spend recovering over Christmas will be worth the many years spent slim and healthy throughout all years and Christmas.

Getting that date is your marker now hun, so pleased for you, best of luck xxx

Hey Sharona, you sound nervous not negative. Work can work around you at the end of the day this is YOUR journey, as re : it being Christmas remember it comes every year. One year you spend recovering over Christmas will be worth the many years spent slim and healthy throughout all years and Christmas. Getting that date is your marker now hun, so pleased for you, best of luck xxx
Thank you so much for the uplifting text. Yes I'm trying to look at it like that. I must admit I'm nervous about work as I have just told them Im having upper gastric surgery. I have my reasons why like I've spoke about on previous forums . thank you i will keep you informed of my progress. How you doing are you far in your journey?? X

thank you Jacwat . Next year i hope to have that little black dress lol !!

I am sure you will Sharona, thats what I am looking forward to the most, clothes shopping and being able to wear what I want, not what I can! x

Hey Sharona, I finally got to speak to the biatric team today and they have booked me in provisionally for the 27th November!! It does depends on what the surgeon says but she said the date should be fine. Eeekkk so we may be surgery buddies x

Hey Sharona, I finally got to speak to the biatric team today and they have booked me in provisionally for the 27th November!! It does depends on what the surgeon says but she said the date should be fine. Eeekkk so we may be surgery buddies x
hi Mighty great to see a pic of you. Im under surgeon Nijjar . I have got to be hosp at 7.30 in morning let me know your time I'm not sure if there will be lots of waiting around before they op i hope not as I'm a very anxious person!! We will obviously support each other ad we will start the LSD together which is 30th Oct. How come they say provisional?? Im getting excited now but really have to sort out the head hunger!! X

hi Mighty great to see a pic of you. Im under surgeon Nijjar . I have got to be hosp at 7.30 in morning let me know your time I'm not sure if there will be lots of waiting around before they op i hope not as I'm a very anxious person!! We will obviously support each other ad we will start the LSD together which is 30th Oct. How come they say provisional?? Im getting excited now but really have to sort out the head hunger!! X

It's only provisional as I called them to get a date rather than them call me, so haven't got my letters yet. I'm under Nijjar aswell. Once my letters arrive il let you know what time I have to be there for. I'm on the LSD for 3 weeks, so would start the 6th November. The did also mention if there are any cancelations everyone gets moved forward. So we could be seen earlier :) hopefully we are together.

The head hunger hits me every so often, It's not easy at all, there has been plenty of tears and tantrums because of food recently. One of my friends did have a stern word with me about how am I going to cope on the LSD if I'm throwing a tantrum about being hungry just after I've eaten because I've cut my portion size. Not sure how helpful it was. But I pose it made me suck it up and now I'm abit more positive about things cause I have a date.

From what I hear about the hospital, everyone goes into hospital at the same time in the morning then they chose who goes down first, then next etc til everyone in that day has been seen.

I think the major thing I need to sort out is my water in take. I never drink, sometime I will have a glass of water with my meds in the morning then that's it for the whole day. It's real bad I know. I just need to try and get it into a routine.

It's only provisional as I called them to get a date rather than them call me, so haven't got my letters yet. I'm under Nijjar aswell. Once my letters arrive il let you know what time I have to be there for. I'm on the LSD for 3 weeks, so would start the 6th November. The did also mention if there are any cancelations everyone gets moved forward. So we could be seen earlier :) hopefully we are together. The head hunger hits me every so often, It's not easy at all, there has been plenty of tears and tantrums because of food recently. One of my friends did have a stern word with me about how am I going to cope on the LSD if I'm throwing a tantrum about being hungry just after I've eaten because I've cut my portion size. Not sure how helpful it was. But I pose it made me suck it up and now I'm abit more positive about things cause I have a date. From what I hear about the hospital, everyone goes into hospital at the same time in the morning then they chose who goes down first, then next etc til everyone in that day has been seen. I think the major thing I need to sort out is my water in take. I never drink, sometime I will have a glass of water with my meds in the morning then that's it for the whole day. It's real bad I know. I just need to try and get it into a routine.
mighty I would devastated if i couldn't drink my water as i have to drink it often to warn off headaches . I also drink it hot also. oh my don't like the list business I pray I'm near the beginning of list as I'm going to be so anxious (suffer with anxiety ) . Im really struggling with cutting out certain foods i do feel I'm having them as my way of saying good bye ! So need to get into the mode. How come you are only having a three week LSD? Im around the same size as you and i have got to do 4 wks jealous. Lol . Im happy with my date now as sorted (i think) with work so don't really want a cancellation . Any way all the best with the arrival of your letter etc. Let us know . X

I'm hoping my water intake gets better, I do get headaches / migraines but my own fault. I'm not a fan of hot drinks, but if I do I have hot water or hot vimto. I know I'm going to struggle with the pre-op as I don't like milk. My friend has brought me some shake that weight milkshake packs. I'm just going to power through.

Im not sure why it's 3 weeks and not 4. The letter the surgeon sent to my doc's back in June said that most my weight was in my things, bum and breast. When I sin the surgeon my weight was 150 kg, and bmi was 56 I think. Not sure if I that has anything to do with it.

When I started the weight loss I was at 159 and now currently at 146. It abit of a struggle now to maintain and keep it down, going to be even harder when I'm on holiday all inc. but going to try to get to 140 just before I start my pre-op.

I know someone who had the op and they said they were really nervous and told the nurse on the day, and they have them something to call them down.

Not to well at the moment, am away in Mexico at the moment, all inclusive so a slight blip. I have been getting up at 7am for swims In the ocean and also been swimming throughout the day so I'm hoping not to bad once I'm back. There also has been a change of date with my op, I called the hospital as I didn't receive the confirmation letter in the post and they said that I didn't have the date confirmed. Took a whole load of chasing with calls and emails, I now I have the date of the 11th dec, it's not to much later than the 27th, after all the stress am thankful and relieved I finally have a date.

How's things going with you sharona? I noticed in one of your threads that you said you had 2 stone to lose? When where you given the target? Or is that the 5%. I don't feel like I've had much interaction with the hospital unless I've called to chase them for things, so I'm not sure if to wait for the pre-op appointment to get a goal, or call up or what

Not to well at the moment, am away in Mexico at the moment, all inclusive so a slight blip. I have been getting up at 7am for swims In the ocean and also been swimming throughout the day so I'm hoping not to bad once I'm back. There also has been a change of date with my op, I called the hospital as I didn't receive the confirmation letter in the post and they said that I didn't have the date confirmed. Took a whole load of chasing with calls and emails, I now I have the date of the 11th dec, it's not to much later than the 27th, after all the stress am thankful and relieved I finally have a date.

How's things going with you sharona? I noticed in one of your threads that you said you had 2 stone to lose? When where you given the target? Or is that the 5%. I don't feel like I've had much interaction with the hospital unless I've called to chase them for things, so I'm not sure if to wait for the pre-op appointment to get a goal, or call up or what
Hi Mighty Hope you are having a great holiday. Oh ok was hopeing I was going to have a buddy to hold my hand lol!! So nervous.Oh well glad you have a date and yes it isnt too far behind me. Well I had a further letter with a little bit more info like vitamin to take and a weight loss they need me to achieve. I need to ring them to find out if I need to lose 5-10% more form the last time I was weighed or from when I entered the service either way Im going to have to lose quite a bit. I lost a stone 4ibs but have put back on a stone so got to get my skates on and basically not eat!!!! gulp!! My pre op diet starts Oct 30th ...pre med is 4th Nov so Im wondering if i need to have lost by then or surgery..this is going to be very challenging for me but if I want this Im going to have to do it! Im going to ring them Thursday to find out.I have started to cut down since last week so hopefully I may do this will fill you in ...however for now enjoy and do lots of swimming if you have treats after all you are on holiday, have fun let me know when you get back how things are .Sharona x

I've just had a call from my mother and she has told me I have another letter with more detail in from the hospital. It says the expect me to lose between 7-15kg, they have me down as 150kg aswell, which before my holiday I was around 146kg. So it's not to bad.

I am gutted we are not buddies aswell. I shall be following your progress, I'm still part of the slim class at the moment with 2 months left, so hopefully will kick start me again, then on my own for the final month. Which will be preparing and doing the pre-op diet.

I've just had a call from my mother and she has told me I have another letter with more detail in from the hospital. It says the expect me to lose between 7-15kg, they have me down as 150kg aswell, which before my holiday I was around 146kg. So it's not to bad. I am gutted we are not buddies aswell. I shall be following your progress, I'm still part of the slim class at the moment with 2 months left, so hopefully will kick start me again, then on my own for the final month. Which will be preparing and doing the pre-op diet.
hi Mighty you back now? Hope all is well and you are having a great holls or had. Im still confused by this expected weight loss they expect is that a stone and do they expect the larger number rather than the smaller numb?? Yes you will get more details nearer the time for surgery. All the bestxx

Hi Sharona,

Back to reality now :( I've put on 2kg over the past 2 weeks eek. Suppose it could be worse.

I've re-read the letter and the way it reads it says between 7-15kg, so anything between the amounts, I would expect them to want as muh as possible loss, but the minimum they would be happy with would be the 7kg. And from what I've read through out the forum, most people have lost more the 7kg during the pre-op diet, although I've started the healthy eating regime again, so I'm not relying soley on the pre-op diet for the loss. The exercise starts tomorrow, hopefully start with 30mins a day, and build up depending on my dodgy knee.

I've seen your diary and seems like your well on the way to losing, keep up the good work!!

Hi Sharona, Back to reality now :( I've put on 2kg over the past 2 weeks eek. Suppose it could be worse. I've re-read the letter and the way it reads it says between 7-15kg, so anything between the amounts, I would expect them to want as muh as possible loss, but the minimum they would be happy with would be the 7kg. And from what I've read through out the forum, most people have lost more the 7kg during the pre-op diet, although I've started the healthy eating regime again, so I'm not relying soley on the pre-op diet for the loss. The exercise starts tomorrow, hopefully start with 30mins a day, and build up depending on my dodgy knee. I've seen your diary and seems like your well on the way to losing, keep up the good work!!
Thanks Mighty glad you had a great holls. I see thats how i got it. Im really worried as i piut back on the stone I lost at the slim group so im having to try harder to get rid of at least two stones. Thats why i have started reducing before my LSD on the 30th to top it its my birthday 24th !!! And friends want to go out to turtle bay! I hope i am doing ok . Just so want this op and cant afford to mess it up . I gave started a diary so uf you get a chance i would love some words of encouragement Over there many thanks. Best wishes with your exercise you seem very in tune with it all . 4ibs is nothing you will lose that in a day or so.let me know how you get on . X

Back