• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Deflating the balloon that is Me!

I'm bloody banded!!! I went under at 4.30 and awake at 6.30 not allowed in bed for hours yet and I've got a very scratchy throat. I have some wind in my shoulder and a bit of discomfort from the insicions but I feel much better than after my previous laparoscopies! Staff here are amazing....

I believe I will soon get my butt on the losers bench!!! X

Woo hoo, you are banded!! Yay!!

Congrats hun :)

Well I am back home now. My hospital didn't let me sleep as they wanted me up, walking and in the chair. The trapped wind has been horrific at times, but I really am getting better by the minute. I couldn't be happier with the care I've had. I actually thought if only be able to sip, but they told me to take normal mouthfuls and I am not aware of anything other than my incisions.

I bet you do just want it over with, I did too!!

I've been a little emotional today which is to be expected, but my step mum couldn't believe how well I am, she expected to see me laid down all sorry for myself!

Xx

So pleased your doing well mrsstreet :)

Glad to hear all has gone well :) not everyone is pleased with their provider or the care that they receive (as can be seen on many posts) but I've had excellent care from HW! Welcome to the losers bench!

Well here I am 3 days after surgery and I feel human again.... yesterday was wiped out by a serious migraine and loss of feeling down my face/sides, but today I am alert and back at work.... yes it is too soon, but my boss is being great and I only have to sit and email every now and again.

For some reason I thought I would be in pain when I drank, but not at all. I still have a slight amount of trapped wind in my shoulder but it's getting easier.

I'm loving tomato soup right now!! :)

I think I am quite new to the forum and don't navigate it too well, so havent seen so many of the negative posts about providers... maybe as I have just been so well looked after I think thats how it is across the board.

Hi mrsstreet, WOW you are back at work 3 days post op! Glad you are feeling human again :) Take care x

Welcome to the other side now :) sometimes its good to move around rather than sit and vegetate at home. Gets rid of that trapped wind :rolleyes: could catch up with you in a couple of days time mind you. Just don't push yourself too much ... Sounds like you have a great boss ... I did too and I went back to work like you.

Roll off those pounds now xxx

Well done Hun:) Time flies :)

Hope you are feeling ok mrsstreet :) x

So I'm a little deflated (excuse the pun) but emotionally not physically. I haven't lost any pounds!!!!

Now I was told by my provider to not weigh myself and I shouldnt have, but I can't help it. I have tracked everything I have eaten (drank) through MFP and I have not once gone over 1000kcal per day and I am mostly on 800Kcal. I know I have no restriction, but I would've thought with the calorific deficit I would still lose some poundage??

I called my provider yesterday and they suggested adding protein powder to my meals, but I am not over eating and I'm not massively hungry. I asked if I could start to add in some foods to chew.... more that I think I am relying on convenience foods (all low fat/low calorie etc) rather than preparing and cooking for myself. Once I can eat dry/regular foods I know I will cook again.

Can anyone shed any light on what I could do to kickstart some weightloss?

On the plus side, I am healing really well, my scars are really good and neat and I have zero pain or discomfort.

1. It's early days, and many of us have stalled in the early days ... Takes the body some time to catch up with the previous losses.

2. When I was eating 800 calories a day, it was too low for my body. I upped my calories, increased protein, water and activit levels and he weight loss improved.

3. Best follow your providers guidance ultimately.

4. Try to stop weighing yourself, if its going to demotivate you or knock you off track, after all this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Keep plugging on and following the rules, and the losses should follow x

Back