• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Deflating the balloon that is Me!

Apologies for my poor spelling, predictive text is no good for my tired old eyes x

So I've had this band for a little over 3 weeks, why am I not a size 6 yet??? ;)

I went geocaching at the weekend to try and get more walking in, it's pretty addictive so that should be good with getting my activity levels up!

Booked a glorious absolute luxury holiday for January and I am so looking forward to see what I can do by then! Both weight loss wise and activity wise.... I'm hoping to swim with dolphins but I've always put this off due to my size.

Oooh and I have my first fill on weds!

hi im 2 weeks post ope today and went back to work after a week but i sit on my bum all day and only work a few hours at a time. I couldnt have reurned to work after 3 days i was so dizzy and in a lot of discomfort, I couldnt move around much at all. Good luck.

Yes we are all different and all have massively different recovery times. I was fine after 3 days, and work was fine too! I'm 4 weeks post op now and I can't believe how quick I've healed and I am adjusting day by day!

So yesterday I received some eating instructions from healthier weight along with an egg timer... how exciting, now I'm on proper food, it's great to know exactly what to do to keep my band ticking over nicely!

First fill tomorrow! Very excited!!!

So yesterday's fill.... The clinic were running really late then when I'm finally called in, the nurse spends 10 minutes pushing so hard on my scar I was retching and crying.... It took her 10 minutes and countless attempts with the needle to locate my port.

I already had 3.4ml in my band that neither her nor I were aware of..... I'm guessing you don't find out until your first fill anyway?

I have been topped up to 4.0ml, I'm not sure what size band, I was a bit distressed and just wanted to leave.

All in all not a pleasant experience, the nurse did explain that she would be able to find it first time next time... Well I hope so.

The nurse weighed me, but didn't compare it to my pre pre op weight, She just said is that the weight you've been? I said I've lost 2 stones, but there was no reaction, I suppose I have another 5000000 to go though :(

I was feeling so positive until the appointment and I feel a little fragile today my scar is very sore :(

:grouphugg:

So I had my second fill yesterday, it was better than the first but it still look a long time to locate the port. I now have 4.8ml in a 10ml band. Back on liquids for a few days then mush, I got a lot more support at the appt too, so I am positive and happy.

I am going to Glastonbury at the end of this month, so I am not starting to make a shopping list for band friendly food while I'm there. I've ordered myself 3 dresses all in (large) dress size smaller than what I am and I hope to wear them there..... they do actually fit now, just a little too clingy round my massive belly.

I also booked a holiday to mexico for January and Vegas in October, I am so excited to know what it's like to fly as a smaller person! It also means operation lose 75 stone commences. So I have so many things to look forward to and only 2 months ago I would have been having panic attacks about them!!!

Well done Mrs Street!

Glad to hear the 2nd fill went better than the first :) You sound much more upbeat and positive than last time!

Where in Mexico are you going? I went to Playacarr a couple of years ago, and like you wanted to swim with the dolphins, but at my size it was a no-no. Have promised myself I will return and do it within the next 2 years.

Hope the weather stays like this for Glastonbury

Justine x

Yes I'm so much better thank you!

I think it's Puerto Morelos. Yes I am really hoping I'm small enough to swim with the dolphins as I've always put it off because of my size.

Oh yes weather like this would be brilliant for Glastonbury!

well done and keep it up so great when things are positive. iv had about 60 fills over past four years and dont listen if they promise they can find it first time next time as over time port heads can get a life of there own and be tempremntle each fill is always diffrent to the last some go stright in others are a tinker. i loved fill weeks always the best weeks for a good loss

Thanks, I shall hope for a great loss this/next week. And I will remember that about fills, each time can be different! eeek, so worth it though

Well I finally committed to the gym yesterday. I thought, it was 3 months exactly since I got my little band, so it was about time. I did an hour walk on the treadmill and a one hour swim and boy do I know it! I like the aches though.

I went to Glastonbury a few weeks ago and walked so much every day, but my weight went up. I thought it was strange as I was making good food choices and stayed away from the booze, but oh well, it came off quickly and I'm making inroads again.

3rd fill next Thursday, so I'm excited about that and Vegas in 87 days - operation size 16 is in full flow!

I'm being banded in 1 weeks time.. :) so excited and interested to know what you have lost in the twelve weeks.. I'm not doing the pre op diet as my BMI is 30 so not a massive liver..

Well 3rd Fill today - found the port no probs, and zero pain!! I've now got 6.1ml in my 10ml band and I'm super excited about feeling more restriction!

78 days until Vegas, I need to supercharge my exercise now!

Had my 4th fill and only had 0.3ml put in, as I have got restriction and I plan on a little aspiration just before my holiday as worried about the flight and the tightness.

I have realised I can no longer eat more than a mouthful of meat, I just dont like the texture and even the tiniest amounts, chewed very well dont go down well.

So its fish and seafood for me at the mo. I am down 45lb now, so I'm really happy with that, especially as I haven't missed out on anything, I've just had to get used to this willpower malarkey!

I haven't posted in here in ages and after having 2 wonderful holidays and a christmas (insert any other excuse for over indulgence here) I am getting myself really back in the zone.

I am close to a year post op and have lost 5 stone, this is a lot lower than some, but for me, it was really eye opening that I can enjoy the journey of with my band and also how in control I need to be.

I stopped using MFP and being so controlled with my food around September 2013 and only really weighed back in a couple of weeks ago, but I was really thrilled to find I didn't put weight back on - I hadn't lost a huge amount but that my band really is an amazing tool I can work with and even when I don't 100% it's still there to help me.

So this is really just an i love my band post really and a reminder to me to put more effort in and keep myself on track. I still have a long journey ahead, but it's crazy to think I'm in up to 4 sizes smaller and it'll only get better.

I am so proud of my decision to have my band, I bloody love it :)

I've also started with a personal trainer 4 times a week as I really want to help minimise the sagging! 3 weeks in now and I am standing and sitting straighter and I can't wait to see my measurements next week.

Back