• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping?

tashaliza

Hi I'm four days post op and on my diet sheet it says that I can drink fruit juice. I had a small glass of pure orange juice and about 20 mins later I felt ill and had diarrhoea (soz tmi), is this dumping?
Thanks tasha xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It sounds like it. It may just be too much for you right now? Why don't you try 1/2 glass. I dumped on tomato soup at the hospital straight after my operation. wishing you a great WLS journey xx

I dump on fruit juice at 7 months out... its pretty much trial & error what suits someone else to eat/drink may not suit you!! xx

I water mine down 50/50 and sip it through a straw. It still makes me dry gag or retch but we have to have the hydration.
I enjoy Tesco's no sugar added fruit cordials. They do the trick but of course taste like pop instead of fruit juice. Still nice if mixed up with loads of ice.
Lynne x

Immediately post op i always watered my fresh juices down till i got a feel for how much natural fruit sugars i can tolerate. Its often a bit trial and error but if you build up things gradually you get milder symptoms (what i call a "mini dump") and this way you get to find your own limits more safely.
Although i can now tolerate fresh juice in its purest form i usually still add lots of ice as i get increased acid reflux from it. I'm not a big cordial fan so its one of the few ways i can boost my fluid intake.

Back