• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating Too Fast....

practice makes perfect Kate... you will get there xx be carefull with the mcd wraps though.. the sauces in them are quiet sugary xx

New Beginnings said:
I was really interested by yappers comment about your nose running. That is so true it's amazing how your body gives you signs and how in tune you can become with your body.

I honestly think they should put it in the leaflets they give out after your operation
As it is single best piece of advise someone has given and since I have followed that rule
I have never been sick never ate too much

I mean the only advice they give you is stop eating when you feel full well don't know about
You but I wouldn't have been 25st 10lb if I new what full feeling was

i get really bad hiccups :) but do eat far too quickly and always want a brew i really miss that part :(

Thanks, I will watch out for my nose running next time I have something to eat.

I think one of the worse things for me is having to wait half an hour to have a cuppa or a drink after eating too, especially if I've eaten something dryish. I do have a small sip of water sometimes which is fine.

Since the op I have been so bad at taking my medications most of which are for my heart. I always had my breakfast and a cuppa and took the tablets with the cuppa as I need to take them after food and it worked fine. Before the last couple of mouthfuls I would take them then the final bit of food would help push the big ones down as there are 7 of them, but now. Because I don't take them on an empty stomach and I can't take them mid way through my breakfast by the time I have my next drink usually at work, I've forgotten to bring my tablets with me. I even brought a new pill pot which has individual dual section pots for each day but I still forget to put one in my handbag before I go. I'm useless and it worries me that my change in routine will lead me to problems with my stent etc.

Oh well, hopefully I will be able to come off some of them soon.

Kate x

Thanks, I will watch out for my nose running next time I have something to eat.

I think one of the worse things for me is having to wait half an hour to have a cuppa or a drink after eating too, especially if I've eaten something dryish. I do have a small sip of water sometimes which is fine.

Since the op I have been so bad at taking my medications most of which are for my heart. I always had my breakfast and a cuppa and took the tablets with the cuppa as I need to take them after food and it worked fine. Before the last couple of mouthfuls I would take them then the final bit of food would help push the big ones down as there are 7 of them, but now. Because I don't take them on an empty stomach and I can't take them mid way through my breakfast by the time I have my next drink usually at work, I've forgotten to bring my tablets with me. I even brought a new pill pot which has individual dual section pots for each day but I still forget to put one in my handbag before I go. I'm useless and it worries me that my change in routine will lead me to problems with my stent etc.

Oh well, hopefully I will be able to come off some of them soon.

Kate x

no problem

i am the same with drinks i could not find anything better than having a drink with my dinner and for me it was the hardest thing not to do, on this i can offer no advise except stick with it

regarding the tablets i also find it hard i found setting a alarm on my phone a good way of remebering

i have bought myself a little pill pot which i keep in my handbag and have managed to get into the habit of filling it every night and putting it back in my bag for work next day, otherwise i really struggle to get them all in i have 13 a day and that's not including pain killers :( do you have a locked drawer or anything you could keep a couple of doses of each in then if you forget then you will have them xxx

Back