• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gall bladder removal

salski

Hi all - I have had a call this morning that I am booked into have my gall bladder removed a week on Monday.
Has anyone else had theirs removed post bypass?
Has anyone had their gall bladder removed via key hole and not during bypass?
I was sooo excited having my bypass but I am so scared about this. Really scared. So much so Im thinking of calling and cancelling.

Sally

My friend had it done by keyhole surgery and she was grand.

Here is an animation of how they do it if you want to watch.

Gallbladder removal

In the 'old days' before keyhole surgery when my mum and sister had theirs out it was considered major surgery and they both were left with a big scar. Keyhole surgery is a much better option and a quicker recovery time.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Sal having my gallbladder out was part of my original referral for wls as I have stones. However my surgeon does not like to do the both together, so heaven alone only knows when they are going to do it. Oddly so far (touch wood) since having the bypass i have only has a minor flare of the gall stones, less than before.

When they do get around to doing it Sal, it will be keyhole.

Im sure you will be fine and now you have lost soo much weight it is a lot safer.

Xx

Hiya Guys - yeah Dawn I have developed stone since loosing the weight.

Thanks for your video Mini...I shall look later as I am scared now haha

Thanks guys - really...I only posted this as I knew there would be people about who have had the op on here and I dont understand why I am soooo scared!

I'm sure you will be OK Sal, though I know going to hospital is not a fun thing of course. Having it out will be much better than the agony you have passing a stone (take it from me)
I have no idea if mine came out or not to be honest, I don't know if all surgeons take them out during WLS as a matter of course. I hope mine has gone as I saw on an ultrasound that I had quite a little collection of pebbles in there a few years ago.
Wishing you well for it all and hugs from me x

Seriously Sal its a walk in the park! I had mine out in 1997 and i was kept in overnight purely because i had a 9 month old baby at home and the consultant knew i'd be picking her up to change nappies etc if i went home.... Seriously after a few days (3 or 4) i felt absolutely fine. You'll be fine xx

when you have an attack what symptoms do you have? Hope you don't mind me asking :)

:(Aww good luck with the op hun, when did you first start getting symptoms after the op?:confused:

Aye aye - my op is tomorrow - I shall prob text PG when im out of surgery...s'long as Im alive :) haha

Good luck for 2moro chicken...
:wavey:

xx

Thanks all - Im sure I will be fine and posting on here soon! x

Back