• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallbladder

sukay

Trying to focus on future
Hi all

not posted in a good while. Had to have gallbladder removed last week.

Have any of you had to have gallbladder removed and if so, what after effects have you experienced?

What effect, if any on your bypass/weightloss etc?

Thanks guys

:)

Oh sorry to hear that. I asked the doctors to take mine out while I had my bypass because I had read that lots of people have to have gallbladder removal after WLS but they said no. I'm paranoid I'll get poorly later on with it

Hi I had my gallbladder removed over a year ago, never had no problems since :) xx

Reason for asking, is I don't feel as "ill" any more, nauseous, obviously the pain will go eventually, but also extreme tiredness.... I seem to have more colour in my skin and a bit more energy, despite being only just post-op

Also, not hungry, so wondering if my bypass will "work" again, cos not had any restriction for a long time, hence the weight regain :(

Clutching at straws probably, but SO want to feel well again

i'm to have mine out but there's been a problem with my surgeon so have to wait again but i believe once you have stones it will just keep producing them till it's taken out and i don't know if you know but gall stones are made of cholesterol and it is a very common fact if we have lost a lot of weight quickly they develop so better out than in :) take care keep feeling well :)

I had my gallbladder out before my wls. Once over the op I suffered no ill effects. I think you should be careful with fat contents after as I believe we don't process fat as well as before, something like that but you'll be doing that anyway post wls. I was just over the moon I no longer had to go through the absolute agony anytime mine moved. Nothing quite like that pain so it's a huge relief that it can't happen again. It's a great excuse to get on top of things again. Good luck :) x

I had to have my gall bladder removed, around a year ago. My excess skin caused problems and I had severe blood loss during the op.

Post op I had no problems and It didn't really affect my weight.

Strangely though I sometimes still get pain in the same place as where my gall bladder was, my mother in-law also gets the same pain even though her gall bladders been removed too. Very Odd indeed.

I had to have my gall bladder removed, around a year ago. My excess skin caused problems and I had severe blood loss during the op.

Post op I had no problems and It didn't really affect my weight.

Strangely though I sometimes still get pain in the same place as where my gall bladder was, my mother in-law also gets the same pain even though her gall bladders been removed too. Very Odd indeed.

Thanks for all replies. Am pleased to say have lost 10lbs since op and appetite has reduced. Some restriction there and am trying to make most of this.

Interesting about the pain even though it's gone, however, could be little stones in the bile duct?

Wanted to say well done to all of you on your weight loss :) amazing and well jell LOL

Hi not had wl surgery yet but I have had my gall bladder removed 18mth ago. All pains gone only problem I do have is I cant eat peppers in my food, makes me sick as a dog. Hope you recover soon.

Back