• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

strange pains last night - advice needed

jaynefrances

Just before bed last night i got a crippling pain in the centre of my breastbone. It felt exactly like the crushing pain i have experienced before due to gallstones, but i had my gallbladder removed when i had my bypass almost 4 weeks ago.
I had been eating my purees as normal, nothing different apart from i had two glasses or fresh orange instead of the usual one and it came on over two hours after my last meal and just after having a small glass of milk.
I decided to go to bed as the pain was making me feel faint, but had to get back up as i thought i was going to be sick. It passed after about 30 mins but came back about 10 mins later, although the second wave was slightly less painful and only lasted about 15 mins. I finally nodded off and i have felt fine today.
Has anyone got any ideas what it might have been as it was very scary at the time and i'm worried it might happen again.
I didn't dare drink fresh orange today as that was the only thing i did differently and was wondering if it was too acidic.
Has anyone else who had gallstones had their gallbladder removed but still gone on to have the same pains ?
I've got a GP appointment for tomorrow to sort my post op meds out so i will mention it to him then, but any suggestions n the meantime would be very welcome

I too had a couple of bouts of that after drinking milk at about your stage and i just put it down to drinking too much too fast and since then iv not had as much milk as it put me off, maybe the orange was a bit too acid along side the milk too , hope your feeling better today x

Just before bed last night i got a crippling pain in the centre of my breastbone. It felt exactly like the crushing pain i have experienced before due to gallstones, but i had my gallbladder removed when i had my bypass almost 4 weeks ago.
I had been eating my purees as normal, nothing different apart from i had two glasses or fresh orange instead of the usual one and it came on over two hours after my last meal and just after having a small glass of milk.
I decided to go to bed as the pain was making me feel faint, but had to get back up as i thought i was going to be sick. It passed after about 30 mins but came back about 10 mins later, although the second wave was slightly less painful and only lasted about 15 mins. I finally nodded off and i have felt fine today.
Has anyone got any ideas what it might have been as it was very scary at the time and i'm worried it might happen again.
I didn't dare drink fresh orange today as that was the only thing i did differently and was wondering if it was too acidic.
Has anyone else who had gallstones had their gallbladder removed but still gone on to have the same pains ?
I've got a GP appointment for tomorrow to sort my post op meds out so i will mention it to him then, but any suggestions n the meantime would be very welcome
Hiya i cannot help you with the gall bladder or gall stones but i am very careful with fresh orange juice. I had my operation last march but even now i still have my orange juice diluted as it can play havoc with bypassers. Hope this helps janey:):)

I cannot help with the gaul bladder pain question - but wanted to say I always dilute fresh orange juice 1:4 with water.

I drink it every day, but have dumped once on it - probably because there was not enough water in it

Hope you feel better today :)

Could it be trapped wind as when i have had this i have had symptoms similar to urs x

Some people do get stones even when they have no gb. It's somewhat unusual but not unheard of. It could be a new stone(s) or one that was trapped and just sat there for years.

I'm one of those so I know the pain. I hope you're feeling better.

Some people do get stones even when they have no gb. It's somewhat unusual but not unheard of. It could be a new stone(s) or one that was trapped and just sat there for years.

I'm one of those so I know the pain. I hope you're feeling better.

Its waht im being investigated for at the moment (oh the pain i would of prefered to give birth again and i said i would never do that)and fruit was the trigger for me my pain didnt pass quite so quockly and was in intence pain for 3 weeks. mention it to yr gp and keep asood log so you know if a pattern develops

Thanks for your replies. Will definitely mention it to my GP and will start diluting my fresh orange (if i ever dare drink it again !!)

Hi Jayne
We share the same surgery date (although I've had a sleeve)
After my initial recovery, I too have had some strange aches and pains from mild discomfort to raging agony which was scarey but didn't last too long. Could this be part of the healing process?
Sandra x

I was told categorically not to drink orange juice that it will make me dump. There is sugar in it, fruit sugars.

Hi I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago. My sister had hers removed about a year before me and had pain afterwards it turned out to be pancreatitis as a stone had been left in her bile duct. She was put on drips and made a recovery soon after. Hope they sort it soon for you.

Back