• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting fluids in

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I am really struggling with my fluid intake. I used to drink 3 litres of water per day and now I struggle to get 1 litre in. I don't know what to do. Help!

sorry cant help im the same too. can only take little sips and it takes forever so i dont get much in.xx

have u tried warmin it up with a slice of lemon i did this and found it quite refreshin, i usually drink coffe or juice, not a big lover of water but i used to be x

Try to vary the temp, some people have an easier time with warm, other say cold. Remember that ice lollies & sugar-free jellies count towards fluids so use them. I drank alot of fruit tea early days as I found I could drink lots more of that then I could of water. Also, try using a straw, sometimes the reason you can't get in enough fluids is because you are swallowing too much air which makes you pouch feel tight.

hth,
Nic;)

I am very bad with my fluids but do find that if i buy a litre bottle of water with a sports top and fill it with very diluted nas and just keep it by my side i seem to drink more that i would if i had to pour a glass of drink every so often.
I have 2 of these and keep one in the fridge and one with me and once finishing it i leave it on the work surface in the kitchen to remind me i still have one left to get to my quota of 2 litres.

Thanks so much. I will try these ideas.

Hi,

I really struggled getting my fluids in, at first I barely managed 500mls a day but i found having low sugar Ice lollies and glasses of cold milk helped with swelling in my tummy and the bloating feeling. Also I found if I varied the temp had cold drink then hot drink that helped to get my fluids up. Try warmed milk with options powder as they are low sugar and taste lovely.

Also I found after the op I couldnt stand the taste of plain water so I have Perfectly Clear red apple flavour it has no sugar and is not too sweet and goes down a treat. I also have cups of tea but use decaf tea bags so i dont feel overloaded with caffeine and find the hot drink goes down really well.

Hope this helps and it will improve just remember sip sip sip.

You'll get there it just takes determination and time, keep sipping, vary the temp and what you're drinking and it will slip down over time. You're doing great you'll be on track soon

M

Back