• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a really bad day and so annoyed with myself !!

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Well today has been a really bad day food wise and i cant stop munching, i am so annoyed and disappointed with myself :mad::mad:

This is my second totm in 2 weeks which has never happened to me, i had my implant put in last July as when totm is due i just want to munch and munch so hoped it would stop them and it did till 4 weeks post op then the dreaded curse showed its ugly head and now twice in 2 weeks :sigh: all i want to do is munch on crap and had 2 packs of crisps and 1/2 bagel and a protein shake and that was all in 90 mins and its only 3.15.
I really feel extra hungry today and usually one scoop protein shake made with ice and water fills me up big time for about 3/4 hrs (98 cals and 18grms protein) but today that was not the case and i am so angry with myself.

I am 3 lbs from losing 8 stone which will take me to my teens and the last time i was that weight i was in my late teens and 5.6 stone of that i have lost in the past 14 weeks, i am being really strict with myself as it`s my son`s 18th birthday in less than 6 weeks time and i wanted to be at least a stone lighter and another dress size down so i look nice for his party, the way i feel at the mo i feel like my eating is out of control today and if this carries on for the next 4/5 days then i am scared i will lose control big time and revert to eating pure carbs which i did for 3/4 years pre op.

I struggle with food post op have only managed 5 mouthfuls of one hot meal since my op and still cant eat,meat,chicken or fish or any hot foods so live off yoghurt's, protein shakes and some cereal and fruit.
I have been so good fighting any cravings up to now but today it all seems to have flown out of the window, and i feel so angry with myself and so scared in case i cant control these cravings and hunger if they carry on when i have totm especially as its been twice in 2 weeks.

Part of me says get the implant out and have the contraception injection as one jab stopped my period for a year but i am scared i will gain weight with that, but i have to stop totm as cant control the hunger and cravings.

Sorry if this post sounds pathetic but i am so scared that i am going to fall back into bad ways, and i am so desperate to look good and feel good for my son`s 18th and it means so much to me but i feel like i am losing control today.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, take care luv Roch xxx

Roch Roch Roch, your doing bloody fantastically 8 stone gone nearly, that in its self is a acheivement.

TOTM really sucks for us women, it will pass hun and ur be back on track in no time,

Xxx

hey hun, im so sorry your feeling this way about urself, but please dont beat ur self up, u have acknowledge whats happening and you can out a stop to it, when i saw the nurse at the spire i told her i have a packet of crisp every now and then and she said its ok, long as im not havin them everyday (i have a 1 pkt a week) and i have the ones which dont have much fat/sugar i.e. wotsits etc.... plus its only happened today so tomo if u get craving eat fruit/salad with a lil sweetner to give it a sweet taste.

i had the depo injection and when i had it done the nurse said it can increase ur appetite and u can put on weight, i only had the injection once and i noticed i was more hungry but luckly i didnt put weight on, me personally id never have it again as i bleed the whole 3 months, but like u sed u have had it before.

i hope ur feeling better and remember its just one day not 4/5 and ur a strong person so u wouldnt let this munchin continue xxxxxxxxxxxx

Deppo injection will not increase your weight - hasnt altered mine one iota - lost over 10 stone on it. If you are going to snack, snack on fruit or carrot sticks

roch your doing amazing ,i just wish you saw it for your self , your getting cravings today becuase its your t.o.t.m.( perfectly normal ) just ride out the few days try not to do too much damage..( 2 bags of crisps is not damage hunny ) .. you will will much better when t.o.t.m. has passsed and more incontrol ....again you are doing swell !!! be proud of your self and try not to worry so much xxxx

ps. when you have time read over your posts from last year ,see how far you have come , will cheer you up xxxx

Hun, you have to accept that you are going to have days that feel like everything you do is wrong. A quote I like is 'Forget past mistakes, forget failures, forget everything except for what you're going to do now and do it!'

Tomorrow just make sure you keep busy all day and every time you feel as if you have to munch something, tell yourself I'll do it in an hour. Set a timer and if you still want to munch an hour later and can't talk yourself into having something healthy, then have a small portion and walk out of the kitchen. Don't take any food into another room unless it's your actual meal and keep out of the kitchen as much as you can.

I know this all sounds easier said than done, but give it a try. Don't get down - you are doing so brilliantly! xx

Roch, you are doing really really well, 8 stone is an amazing weight loss and totm is always hard to resist the cravings and the munchies bypass or not. I know its hard as you can't eat hot food and don't like other foods so it is difficult for you! But do not beat yourself up you are shrinking good style and you will reach your goals. xx

No help with food- still waiting for my op.

But regarding implant - I was on it for a year, just kept eating, and had no sex drive!
I swapped for copper coil! The best decision ever! First time in my life I don't feel hormonal! I think it is due not having any hormones inside me. (well, almoust none, as I am still breastfeeding my baby).

It hurt for a few days, but now it is just fine!

I'm sorry you're suffering with the munchies Roche and hope it resolves without you referring back to bad habits...

Now for me to be harsh on you.. You look bloody awesome, a stone although a great weight won't make such a huge difference to you. Please take the pressure of yourself before you crack! You do truly look amazing and like a new person....

One question for you! If Aaron puts weight on will it make you ashamed of him? He loves you for the superb mother that you are, not for the size 12 supermodel waiting to erupt...

Now stop beating yourself with the recrimination stick, take a good look at your avatar and ease up you lovely lady xxx

Yeah! Well said Julie......you look brilliant and you are the one worried about it, not your son! Chillax, he will be proud of what you have achieved so far X

Roch hun you need to take some pressure off yourself. You are looking so bloody amazing girl, we all have our off days, and the fact that you have admitted to the mistakes that you have made today is a positive thing in itself. You know that you have done wrong and I know that you are a strong enough person to deal with it and control it.

As for your gorgeous son, I think that you are underestimating him by thinking that he will be ashamed of you. Hun it is so obvious that he adores you, you are his Mum for godsake and he loves you for who you are not what you look like.

Please stop being so hard on yourself sweetheart, it's about time that you started giving yourself some credit, my god you deserve it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Roch you are doing just fine. If you can't do it with meat etc you can still get your protein from shakes. If you have 3 shakes thats 60gms of protein so thats that sorted. Then thats also around 300calories. So try to limit your other intake to 700 calories worth. Its not ideal if its mostly carbs but you should still lose weight eating under 1000 cals a day. If you can manage soup why not make your own chicken soup with stock and veggies and blend a whole chicken breast in each protion, that will get some extra protein in. Can you eat beans on toast? That will help the protein too.

Hope you feel brighter soon because you are doing brillantly. Aaron is already proud of you and you will look a million dollars at the party.

M

hey sweet, just thought id ask,

What advise would you give to a fellow looser?

Cos i know you give out sound advice to others ;) xx

Back