• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do i do this to myself !!!

Hi Roch

I know how hard it is and how easy it is to say get back on track. The only thing I would say is watch it coz after 6 months it really really slows down losing or at least it did for me.Now after a year it is very hard to lose anything. Just try and get back on track and get focused maybe calorie count on line to try and help. I know easier said than done. Good luck you have done soooo well keep up the good work you will get there

Jo
xx

Hi Roch, I agree with everything everyone has said above. I'm worried that you are constantly punishing yourself and have a low self image. You have done fantastically well in such a short time and you should be congratulating yourself. Dealing with pain is no joke and its only normal that you want to make yourself feel better. Address your pain first and I bet you will start losing again. Please work on learning to love yourself as you will always sabotage your efforts because of self-loathing. There are enough people to give us pressure in the world enough without doing it to ourself. I have used self-help tapes in the past and they have really been useful to raise my self esteem. Hope you are in a better place very soon xx

:( What a misserable time your having.

I agree with what phatmomma has previously said, you need to stop putting so much pressure on yourself to lose weight by a certain time. Your body will lose the weight at its own pace.

You have done amazingly well. You look a million pound in your pictures. Just try and think of things in a more positive way, instead of focussing on what your doing wrong all the time try and think on what you are doing right.

You, like me and i'm sure many other people on here, are our own worst enemies sometimes.

Feel better soon. xxxx

Hi Roch

I have sent you a private pm

Last edited:
Hi guys and ty to all of u for all of ur post, and sorry 4 not responding individually.
Yes i am being very hard on myself as i am so scared of failure and gaining weight again and going back to the person in my signature who weighed 27.13 was housebound and could not leave the house on my own, and had no life for many years.

I have struggled food wise right from day one post bypass when it comes to eating protein (but also struggled with protein b4 my bypass) i also was on very strong opiate medication which caused me to be seriously sick and had to inject myself post bypass twice a day to control things, so when i felt a bit better i had to come off them even though i still suffer with chronic sciatica and osteoarthritis in most of my joints which is all my fault as i could not control the food i put in my mouth all my life.

Some of my old food habits have crept back in and this scares me as i feel out of control.
I know i have lost a big chunk of weight but that is just a drop in the ocean to what i do have to lose and this scares me as i feel if i dont be extra strict on myself i will spiral out of control big time food wise.

I have a few health issues at the mo and they are on mind quite a bit and after a long chat with my good friend Caroline1061 she convinced me i have to see my doc tomorrow and deal with one of them (just been today lol) and get a scan done tomorrow, as what ever i have in my tummy hopefully just a hernia is growing quite rapidly, it starts just above my first incision and is the shape and size of a rugby ball and is now making my underwear and jeans feel uncomfortable and it has been hurting me the past few days. My doc thinks it was a hernia when i showed it to him about 3 weeks ago but as my tummy is so massive and hangs to my knees(no exaggeration ) its hard to see properly but now the past few weeks its def sticking out more, so hopefully i will get a diagnosis on this very soon.

Anyway i have gone on far 2 much as per usual :) ty again to all of u for all ur support i truly appreciate it.
Take care and have a good night, luv Roch xxxx

Back