• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help whats it like after op

cindy1

Hi all banders I am wondering what my journey home is going to be like after the op. I will have about a 3hour journey to get home and am not looking forward to it.

I had an hours drive but was so out of it because of drugs and tired because I didnt sleep a lot the night before (afraid of missing early start) I didnt feel a lot, and instructed the other half to try and avoid the pot holes....

take a cushion to put over your tummy then the seat belt over, you should be ok x

I was about an hour away , I had no problems , i took a sick hat from the ward just in case but i was fine, i felt ok about 1 hour after the op so i can't complain, but the lady Josie(i think )in the next bed also had a band , she was at the other end of the scale and wasn't fully awake when i left for home at 3pm ( not too bad as op was at 9.30am, back on the ward by 10.45am, home at 3pm) You'll be fine ,i'm sure .x

Thanks all.

Mandie Im glad to see you left at a reasonable time in the afternoon, thats what Im hoping for as i have the long journey. I have to be in at 8am and have been told i will be one of the first that day. The only problem is I didnt come out of the anestheic very quickly last time i was put under so i may have problems there. Taking a night bag just in case. What is the ward and the nurses like. And did you hear anything about mr Nijjar while you were in.

Hi
I was told I would be first and ended up going down at 3.30pm, was on a ward at around 6.30pm and was in and out all evening then wide awake at 2pm ishh.
went home the next day at around dinner time, I am only 20 mins for the hospital so not bad at all, was still quite drugged up it was days later that the pot holes had to be avoided x
you will be fine x

I second the pillow thing. Also, try and sit in the front seat of the car if you can so there is more room to stretch your legs :)

Back