• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi im thinking about gastric surgery

Punkwitch said:
No there is no weight management course to do. All the sugeons at bradford are excellent and the dieticans are nice so if u get accepted u will be fine. It sounds very promising if u need to lose weight for another operation. i would be tempted to have something heavy in my pocket the next time i got weighed at the doctors lol, push u into the 50+ BMI!!!! Xxx

Yeah my dietician told me the team are really nice I speak to my doctor tmoz and he was meant to refer me about two weeks ago but he's abit slow lol and I will keep that in min the next time I get weighed lol thank you so much for your help it's nice to talk to someone in the same town that's having surgery :) xx

Have got a letter today off my doctor after he referred me for bariatric surgery it's says
On behalf of NHS Bradford and Airedale, I am pleased to confirm that your recent request for bariatric surgery for your patient has been approved. This can be undertaken at a range of providers at your patients choice:
BRI
Leeds teaching hospital
Calderdale and Huddersfield hos
Spire Leeds hospital
Mid Yorkshire hospital
Please refer your patient to the general surgery team
This is the letter what I was wanting help is have I Defo got a go ahead or is it still a maybe?and what hospital do you all think would be the best hospital to go to I would be very grateful for your help thank you xx

Hi and welcome to the site. There is an awful lot of information out there on the different types of obesity surgery so be careful not to get too bogged down with it all. Listen to your surgeon's advice and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions if there's anything you don't understand. It's your body and you need to know how to look after it post op.

Good luck with your decision and your journey. :)

When my funding was approved I was given a choice of having surgery at the hospital I had all my appointments at,or to go to the spire(private)
Which performs weightloss surgery.
In the end I chose to stay with my local hospital as I had all my appointments there and they had all my medical history etc.

emma-louise said:
When my funding was approved I was given a choice of having surgery at the hospital I had all my appointments at,or to go to the spire(private)
Which performs weightloss surgery.
In the end I chose to stay with my local hospital as I had all my appointments there and they had all my medical history etc.

Thank you very much for your reply which hospital did you go to?i just don't no which one to choose but stuck :( x

Nuxley said:
Hi and welcome to the site. There is an awful lot of information out there on the different types of obesity surgery so be careful not to get too bogged down with it all. Listen to your surgeon's advice and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions if there's anything you don't understand. It's your body and you need to know how to look after it post op.

Good luck with your decision and your journey. :)

Thank you very much for your advice I'm just stuck on which hospital to go to x

Back