• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much should i be having?

lynnepoth

I am confused on the amount! I am 1 week post op and just bought some fat free vanilla yoghurts that say no sugar in ingredients and I have almost eaten whole pot!!!!! Is that too much?

No if you can eat it comfortably then that's ok as long as you time yourself and don't rush when you eat you'll be ok. Slowly does it :)

Last edited:
Hi Lynne

It should be runny for the first 2 weeks perhaps you could had milk. I didn't start yoghurts until on purée stage the first to weeks is only liquid you have to be able to drink it. Hope your getting on ok after your op and all went well.

Hi Lynne It should be runny for the first 2 weeks perhaps you could had milk. I didn't start yoghurts until on purée stage the first to weeks is only liquid you have to be able to drink it. Hope your getting on ok after your op and all went well.

Hi jojo

This is so confusing! So I shouldn't be having yoghurt? The nurse said custard as well but that is same consistency! I have been drinking milk! Maybe I just stick to milk then as the soups are horrible ! Someone else said jelly too !

Hi jojo

This is so confusing! So I shouldn't be having yoghurt? The nurse said custard as well but that is same consistency! I have been drinking milk! Maybe I just stick to milk then as the soups are horrible ! Someone else said jelly too !

Hi Lynne
I think it very much depends on where you had your surgery. I am at Sunderland and I know they put you straight onto Puree post op, don't have a liquid phase! Where did you have surgery? xx

Southampton and it is 2 weeks liquid then 2 weeks puree but I just get confused as what liquids then? They said strain soup so no lumps but to me tinned soup is still quite thick! Not that I like it anyway lol

Southampton and it is 2 weeks liquid then 2 weeks puree but I just get confused as what liquids then? They said strain soup so no lumps but to me tinned soup is still quite thick! Not that I like it anyway lol

Maybe if it would fit through a straw? No to use a straw of course but that's what I would think liquids would be. Good luck x

The advice for piqued is if it fits through a straw without lumps it's ok you can have yoghurts because they slide down without any effort on the body and it's not likely to stretch the pouch. I had yoghurts from a spoon and as a milky drink . Can soups are also ok as long as there are no lumps again take your time sipping them. Your doing ok its recommended that you use a straw as a guide and by drinking through a straw it prevents air being gulped in

I had my op in Portsmouth, when i returned to the ward about lunch time was aloud water only for the rest of the day, the following day was free fluids, (water, nas squash etc and milk) the day i was discharged i was started on puree. I had to do puree for four weeks, then minced and mashed for four weeks then on to normal consistancy foods at the start of the third month post surgery. From the sounds of it different hospitals have different post op food programs

I was on liquid the first day post opp then 2 weeks puréed followed by 2 weeks soft foods then normal diet after the 6 weeks, had my opp at North Tees Hospital

Hi Lynne

You can have natural Yoghurt mixed with milk so it's runny I add some sugar free squash to give it flavour, the same with custard it has to be runny. If you need anymore help just ask

Hope your doing ok.

Back