• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to get over a stall?

annemieke_loves

Hi all, I'm 6,5 weeks post op, and I seemed to have stalled,I've been the same weight for a week now. Anybody any advice on how to become a loser again lol

My weight had been the same for 2.5 weeks. Today I finally lost 2 pounds again... I don't know what I did, maybe it was drinking more water instead of other fluids, but apart from that, just keep doing what you are doing, and it will move again soon. X

There are lots of tricks you could try. Drinking lots of water, doing an activity your body isn't used too, changing your calorie intake (up as well as down), changing the ratios of your macros. They sometimes work, but other times you just have to wait it out.

Everyone is different, so its a case of experimenting to find what works for you. I was on about 1200 daily for 4 months. I wanted to change it up, so Ive just done 6 weeks on 1000 kcals. The first 4 weeks I lost really well, last 2 I felt like rubbish and stalled. So put myself up to 1300, dropped 2 lbs, and feel much more energetic. Personally I could eat enough to maintain at my weight now!

Thanks for showing your experiences guys!

I'm so frustrated,scales still not moving! I just feel I'm doing something wrong, or bypass isn't working?!

Thanks for showing your experiences guys!

I'm so frustrated,scales still not moving! I just feel I'm doing something wrong, or bypass isn't working?!

That's exactly how I felt last week... Scales not moving and I kept thinking I was doing something wrong, eat too much etc... Then one day I woke up, stepped on the scales and had lost 2 pounds... It will happen, we just have to be patient. I know it's hard, patience is not my strong point, especially if your mind messes with you. Hope the scales will move soon for you. X

That's exactly how I felt last week... Scales not moving and I kept thinking I was doing something wrong, eat too much etc... Then one day I woke up, stepped on the scales and had lost 2 pounds... It will happen, we just have to be patient. I know it's hard, patience is not my strong point, especially if your mind messes with you. Hope the scales will move soon for you. X

How long did you stall for? It's hard,as I'm so desperate for the weightloss, and I'm naturally not very patient.
How far post op are you?

Yup. Seemingly, your body stores water where fat cells once were. Like place markers to put the fat back in when you eat more.

Fat weighs less than water, but is more mass.

When you stall, you should find you are losing mass but not weight... Then all of a sudden your body catches up again.

Makes sense to me. I seem to get two weeks of good losses then 1 week of going up followed by one week dropping back to where I was just before.

As an example, think I lost 3lb then another 3lb... Put on 2 (that time of month).. Then all of a sudden have lost 3lb in 24 hours and can't stop running to loo for a wee!

How long did you stall for? It's hard,as I'm so desperate for the weightloss, and I'm naturally not very patient.
How far post op are you?

My weight loss stalled for two and half weeks, and I am almost 4 months post-op. I think plateaus just do happen, and it's frustrating but just keep going. In fact I emailed my dietician last week and she just emailed me back today telling me not to worry, that stalls just happen sometimes and that after a while the weight will start shifting again.

My weight loss stalled for two and half weeks, and I am almost 4 months post-op. I think plateaus just do happen, and it's frustrating but just keep going. In fact I emailed my dietician last week and she just emailed me back today telling me not to worry, that stalls just happen sometimes and that after a while the weight will start shifting again.

That's reassuring to hear! I'm 7 weeks post op tomorrow, and weight hasn't changed 10 days. I've lost 16.1 kg so far, 5 of which pre op. so 11.1 kg post op

Yep can't agree more I'm in a stall at the moment and I'm not even 3 weeks post op but its very much how my body has been since starting WLS. I lose for two weeks and stick for two. No point getting annoyed about it. Frustrating as it is there is absolutely nothing I can do about it :sigh:

Oh wow, and I thought my stall was early on after the Op... Just keep going, maybe increase your calories slightly, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I know that's hard, but it might help. Good luck. X

Oh wow, and I thought my stall was early on after the Op... Just keep going, maybe increase your calories slightly, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I know that's hard, but it might help. Good luck. X

Lol,it's confusing, increase calories to lose weight,lol! School start again on Thursday,so then I'll have just 1 daughter at home,which allows me to get moving more also,hope that might help

Yep can't agree more I'm in a stall at the moment and I'm not even 3 weeks post op but its very much how my body has been since starting WLS. I lose for two weeks and stick for two. No point getting annoyed about it. Frustrating as it is there is absolutely nothing I can do about it :sigh:

Glad I'm not the only one to stall so soon post op

Glad I'm not the only one to stall so soon post op

I'm still on my post op liquid diet & only getting abt 800 cals a day at the mo and that's with me pushing it up a bit as until last Wednesday I was lucky if I was getting 500 cals So my body is well into starvation mode already...Also I have been on a very low cal diet since January so I suppose that has to have an impact on things. Drinking loads to try and move things along

Lol,it's confusing, increase calories to lose weight,lol! School start again on Thursday,so then I'll have just 1 daughter at home,which allows me to get moving more also,hope that might help

I know, it confuses me too, and now I find it actually hard to increase calories... Lol, never used to have that problem.

I'm two years post op and have stalled what seems like for a year lol

I have upped my cals to 1400 a day but still no luck.

If I drop to 1000-1200 then mfp tells me I'm in starvation mode. But the weight is not shifting, I'm really keen to lose another stone.

Back