• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to get over a stall?

It's not a good idea to weigh yourself everyday. Once a week is sufficient. I believe that if we just keep on with our healthy eating in small protections the weight will come off. It is demoralizing when we don't lose for a few weeks but if we keep at it the weight will go. Changing what we eat so we get a wide range of nutritious foods will keep us healthy even when we stall. If it continues to stall keep a food diary and contact your dietician

I wouldn't count not loosing for a week a stall to be honest Hun, weighing yourself everyday is no good for your mental health! I've been there n got the t-shirt. I didn't loose for 4 weeks between weeks 1-5 and it was awful, but then my body just naturally started loosing again! Now I'm 6.5stone down and loving it! Your body has had a shock Hun, just keep doing what you are and the weight will come off, it has too your barely eating! You just need to trust your bypass x

I can say I has several stalls throughout my weightloss,and I reckon my body said "enough now" after about 15 months.
My weightloss wasn't huge every month,and with the added stalls I reckon helped my skin enormously.
I don't really have much issues with excess skin,apart from the "jelly belly" but this was my babies houses....lol
So anyone fretting over not loosing every week..DON'T!...it's better to lose a nice steady amount,even my 1/2 lbs a week added to me resizing from Sz 24 now 12/14 sometimes 10(even better pointing I need this size to hubby!)
If you stall on the scales...I guarantee you have lost inches!
Being 3 years post op now...loosing weight now is a distant memory.

I stalled at 3 weeks out for 5 weeks an contacted my dietician an she just said if I was doing everything to what they said it would eventually start again an it did, I have had 2 further stalls for 2 + weeks each time. My dietician said the weight loss would look like a set of stairs going down if you were to put it on a graph. An my weight loss on mfp does look a bit like that.

Thanks guys, feeling ain't better knowing I'm not alone in this!
As for not weighing myself daily, I'm trying but finding that hard

I'm the same there, really struggling with not weighing myself every day... But only recording my weight once a week and I'm happy with that. It really depends on yourself, but it's true that it can be demoralising... If it gets too much for you and you just get too frustrated, try weighing yourself only twice a week maybe.

Ii hope so we are just do impatient but it took years to put the weight on so we can't expect it to go overnight would not be healthy. Keep up with your good work you will win in the end

Back