• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insatiable appetite on the day before TOTM....

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
It's 12pm, which means it's lunchtime, which means I can eat!!!!!!

God, I can't stop thinking about food today, it's the same every single month. The day before my TOTM I'm starving all day.

I've already had a slice of Marmite on toast, a whole banana, a Cheesestring and 4 cherry tomatoes, yet I feel like I've not eaten in a week!!!

I hate this, it makes me feel just like my pre-op self - constantly thinking of the next thing to eat.
:banghead:

Does anyone else get this?

xxx

Always turn into the cookie monster before "Aunt Flo" comes to visit ! I wouldn't worry about it too much, In comparison to what I used to eat , what I can and do eat even on a piglet day is nothing !
What matters is what you do most of the time, and if that is staying on course with a healthy light intake , then the odd piglet day (and I wouldn't class what you ate as pigletty) is going to be balanced out...also pretty good to keep your metabolism perked up as well.
It is annoying though I agree x

Thanks so much for your reply Neen.

It's just not a nice feeling, it takes me right back to how things used to be, where my entire life revolved around what I was going to eat next.

It's a scary feeling, I just don't want to go back to being that person EVER again!!!

xxx

You definately don't need to worry about that happening!
It's funny actually you should post this today as I started this morning and was just feeling the same yesterday, day before etc .....(hides empty Ben and Jerry's carton quickly)

And I was worrying and everything and today I thought, stuff it! I just have to make healthly choices 80/85 % of the time and exercise daily.
I was calorie counting to help keep me in line but honestly the more I think we worry, the more we obsess and make ourselves think about food ALL DAY!!! Argh! That's the sort of obsessive , distorted view of food I would like to drop now. As soon as we get guilty we feel bad, comfort eat, feel worse etc...that's kind of crappy andI decided today to stop flipping driving myself nuts over food anymore.
I think all I am trying to say is don't worry!! Even skinny people have days where they just fancy eating more...our bodies can demand different stuff daily depending on all sorts of factors, hormones, activity, general well-being etc.
I think I will try and give my body the benefit of the doubt now and stop panicking about the odd extra foodie day...
I hope you don't let it drag you down, look at the bigger picture and how fabulous you are doing xxx You're doing OK and you will be OK!!!! Hugs x

i get it, even though i dont have a totm as i have the contraceptive implant, but i still get the hormone fluctuations, it drives me mad, some days i could eat everything in sight, and other i just dont really care.

when i want to eat everything, its usually for about a week and i worry it will never end!!!

.x.

Thanks so much for your lovely reply Neen.

I can't believe how much I still think about food. I hoped it would get better as time went on, but to be honest I don't think it'll ever go will it?

I'm usually a very good girl. I try to keep my carbs to a minimum, I eat lots of protein & can't usually fit much in, but on this one day a month, I swear I could eat for England!

Thanks again, it's so lovely to be able to chat to people in the same boat.

xxx

Thankyou BB.

I'm so glad it's not just me.

xxx

Now that's something we could certainly suggest to the NHS!

xxx

Hehe yup!
Honestly, I still worry ...but I think it's probably going to be a whole lot more pleasant for me and everyone around me if I get to that munchy day or two and think , OK well I'm going to eat such and such and enjoy it and then forget it and get back to normal sensible eating. No harm done, no spiralling self doubt and depression. And the funny thing is , if you allow yourself to just eat whatever it is, and really take time to savour it etc and accept it as "just what I needed to do" it doesn't lead to an unholy all out non stop binge like it does when you are wracked with guilt.
I dunno, I think we should cut ourselves a bit of slack sometimes!
We know we try our best and do well all the rest of the time!
Now stop worrying !

lol hellooooo!
if you can avoid cal counting do!!! it only leads to guilt. trust me!

i get into a "oh well ive eaten that, thats the day ruined now, so i might as well eat everything ever" lol

i saw a dietician today, and she said that its normal for us women to have these days and its deffenatly a hormonal thing and its our bodys way of telling us to eat more and preparing itself for preganacy prior to the totm arriving.

i can honestly say, i go up and down in weight by the odd lb, and through out this i have had good days and bad, and i have still been able to loose so much weight.

There have been days i have eaten every sinful food i could get my hands on, and been sure id show a gain or not loose a lb that week... but i have actually lost! - i give up trying to guess whats going to happen with my weight as it doesnt seem to be down to anything i put in my gob! lol

.x.

Awesome Bee! I have stopped cal counting as of today, I'm sure I'll eat less overall now that I'm not totting up everything all the time.
I'm really glad you wrote your experiences as being at/around Goal it's excellent for the rest of us to see proof that monthly food cravings DO NOT mean doom for weight loss! Thanks very much for that!!!!

thats quite alright lovely!

throught my weight loss i have never denied myself, i just have less of the things id like.
for example, i have had takeaways, in much smaller quantaties and less frequently, and i try and make healthier choices with it, chicken rather than lamb etc.

when i have felt i needed chocolate, i have had some, i try and maybe have weight watchers or sugar free. I have also learned to use fruit as a treat, you can beat sitting down to a lovely fruit salad on a warm day.
and frozen yogurt (ben and jerry's cherry garcia is amaaazing!) its about a little of what you fancy, not feeling deprived and like your on a diet the rest of your life!

So dont worry about the odd day, we all have them, and it never did me any harm, just make sure the good out weigh the bad days :)

.x.

Oooh, frozen yoghurt, I'd never thought of that!!!

How much roughly are we allowed to eat?

xxx

Oooh, I'm not sure I can eat that - it's 24g of sugar per 100g

Could very well make me poorly.

:0(

xxx

how much yogurt? lol i dunno if thats what you mean, but if it is, 100g is only 150cals... i usualy have 50g or 100g it really hits the spot. i know some people would avoid it cos of the carbs, i have never really avoided carbs, i try and keep them low, but i dont really worry about it.
it is 24g of sugar though, so at first i would try just a little incase you dump, i seem fine with it.

.x.

i do dump, but have never dumped from that, i dont know if im just lucky, id try a little bit. i also eat walls light soft scoop, which i had fromt he very start, i dont dump from that either, and its nice to be able to have something like proper icecream in summer.

I can and do eat fullfat icecream from time to time, i just have to be careful cos it does make me dump if i have too much (which i did once when presented with an irn bru flavour icecream... god i was so ill!)

.x.

i get it for a whole week before my time of the month. A FULL ON WEEK! i can eat just as i did before my op! my dietian said its normal! but i hate it.. x

Back