• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insatiable appetite on the day before TOTM....

when i first had my op, i would have mini milks, cos they were small, so not much chance of dumping, i aso found the mini twisters lollys were okay for me, i once pushed my luck and had 2 and then dumped.

I have found that in the begining i was a very sensative dumper, fruit could do it, but as time has gone on, i dump less and less, but it is very hit and miss, sometimes i will dump from something, and the next time i have it im fine!

.x.

Omg Irn Bru ice cream! Even I draw the line there !!!

lol my other half was having it and i had about 2 spoons of it and it did me in, i was gutted cos i really missed drinking diet irn bru hahahahaha

.x.

See I thought I was an ice cream expert...but I never came across that one! Sounds like a Heston Blumenthal (or however you spell it) job to me!!
I have a thing for Fairly Nuts by Ben and Jerrys at the moment but I'm not sure it would go down too well for bypass folks !
I have had some zero sugar peanut butter cups from Sugar Free megastore which were pretty nice for a sweet tooth moment.

Well there is one thing about getting old your car insurance is cheaper and you dont have TOTM.

If you think about how you previously used food at these times it is a habit that will take a long time to get out of. I can remember the terrible TOTM as I used to want to murder everyone.

Hope it gets better soon.

were they by russell stover? the mint patties and coconut ones are lush too! high in cals and fat though :(

lol well i live in the norht of scotland, and we were at a resteraunt that sells springbok, zebra and kangaroo (very high in protien and low in cals!) and they had it on the menu, my oh doesnt like irn bru (shocking, given that he is the scottish one!) but he liked the ice cream, as did i, it just didnt like me...

movenpick make amazzzing icecream... ha! prior to my op, i hated icecream! go figure!

.x.

Ahh I see!!!! you....you ate Skippy! How could you! LOL
Yeah Russell Stover that's it ! I think once in a while it's OK. It's a bit different for banders with the lack of dumping I guess.
I tell you what I have that is nice ..(I call it mummy kibble)
This stuff here Good Carb Food Company - Lizi's Belgian Chocolate Granola
It's available from Sugar free megastore and Avidlite so it might not cause too much trouble for bypassers? It's got good stuff in it and there are other varieties. That's very nice to nibble !

yeah i ate him, and id do it again!

i have some flax z snax granola in blueberry crunch, it is luuuuuuush! i got it from the low carb place too :D

.x.

it tastes dead coconutty, its well worth a try!

ill eat the kid too, well, i would if it were just before my TOTM lol

*note, i am not actually a canibal, and i do not condone the eating of humans, as i am unsure of the calorific value and fat content*

.x.

Great thread Pookie,

I defo suffer from hungry hippo days for a day or two before TOTM. I seem to be able to eat virtually non stop on these days, but luckily my bypass prevents me overeating to the extent I used to on my pre TOTM days. I tend to crave carbs on these days too, and more stodgy food than I choose for the rest of the month.

I think if I put it into perspective I'm not doing too badly if I allow myself to eat what I want on these days. My restriction hasnt let me down yet and always returns with a vengeance when auntie Flo makes her appearance. Its definitely the only time of the month when I crave chocolate too and the rest of the month Im not interested in it at all.... weird.

Back