• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've stalled

Yatesy

I'm 12 weeks post bypass and for some reason the scales have hardly moved for the last 10 days, is this normal?

I'm 9 wks post op and I seem to be staying the same weight as well. You've already lost loads more weight than me :(

Same here, though I know my food choices have not been as good as they could be. Really beginning to wonder whether the scale is going to start heading down again:(

Six weeks post sleeve tomorrow and I have also stalled for the past ten days or so. Really despondent. But I have lost inches and people are noticing and asking me how I am doing it so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. We need to hear that this state of affairs isn't permanent though!

My clothes are looser so I must be loosing inches at the mo, think I'll leave the scales for a bit and go on clothes sizes

im 6 weeks post op... and i stayed the same 2 weeks ago, then last friday i weighed and had lost 4lb... but i know i shouldnt but i have weighed every day since and stayed the same so far :-(

Quite common around 12 weeks as your body is getting used to your new regime. Change your diet a little and do a different type of exercise for a month and you should be fine. It is usually a lack of calories with insufficient protein intake that causes stalls so make sure you're eating enough protein rich food and it will start up again worry not

Thanks Karlos

Had more protein today (one tin of tuna in brine) and more milk in my drinks and I've just done 10 mins on my son's kinnect adventures, it was quite a laugh really and got my heart racing:D

I am 4weeks post up, and I have notice that sometimes a few days will past without the weight shifting, then I weight after 4 days or so and then the weight moves.

When this happens I tried to look at the inch loss. I know it is hard sometimes. But I feel encourage by the post here. At least I know that the weight will eventually go.

Keep the faith.

I noticed a similar pattern. No loss for 3 weeks, 25 days post surgery. Then all of the sudden 2kg gone. I think as a result of my increased physical activity, the weight had to shift. Keeping the movement going and liquids flowing :)

I'm 12 weeks post bypass and for some reason the scales have hardly moved for the last 10 days, is this normal?

Yes it is Helen.... As for Julie2, it's not a race take your time and enjoy the ride xxx

Back