• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jackie's post sleeve diary

I'm only managing 1L a day with any regularity but sometimes up to 1.5. It's tough because I can't just slug it anymore and I'm not much of a sipper.

Weight loss is going well, week 3 weigh in tomorrow! Losing about 2x as fast as I ever have before which is good :) hope I don't stall out after week 3 because I'm soooo close to my first milestone.

2 week weigh update! I can't believe that 2 weeks is up already. I have lost exactly a stone since op day! Very happy with that! I am now feeling quite well, no more pains when I eat or drink which is so good. I am still making my purees very very sloppy which does make a difference. Still getting about 300 calories in xx

Wow Jackie, great stuff with the weight loss, slow and steady with those sloppies seems to be the key, not rushing anything. I hope I can stay off the scales for at least 2 weeks but would love to manage 4 so I can sort of miss any 3rd weeks stalls.

Can you up you calories with some protein source ?

Hugs

Wow Jackie, great stuff with the weight loss, slow and steady with those sloppies seems to be the key, not rushing anything. I hope I can stay off the scales for at least 2 weeks but would love to manage 4 so I can sort of miss any 3rd weeks stalls.

Can you up you calories with some protein source ?

Hi Chrissy
I hope you are doing ok. There is so much conflicting advice about Protein drinks isn't there? Do you think it would be a good idea? The advice was 2-3 tablespoons but I am not sure for how long? I might speak to the dietician today and see what she thinks. I am dying for some crackers!
Jackie
xx

I haven't heard much conflicting advice on protein drinks? Everything I hear says they're a-ok for early post op patients just because it's so important to get protein in when you have such limited capacity. I mean obviously you don't want to be living on protein shakes alone at 2 years out, but in combination with a balanced diet I understood them to be fine.

I haven't heard much conflicting advice on protein drinks? Everything I hear says they're a-ok for early post op patients just because it's so important to get protein in when you have such limited capacity. I mean obviously you don't want to be living on protein shakes alone at 2 years out, but in combination with a balanced diet I understood them to be fine.

Thanks I will go and get some this morning. There are a few places that advise against them encouraging you to get the protein from food only but in the early days I do think its a good idea.
Thanks

My surgeon will have me on protein shakes for 2 to 3 weeks after surgery then taper off . I do like reading about what other doctors say about protein shakes and how well everyone is doing with them since I have my surgery in August .

Thanks I will go and get some this morning. There are a few places that advise against them encouraging you to get the protein from food only but in the early days I do think its a good idea.
Thanks

Jackie I would really recommend ordering some small samples online from somewhere like protein works - in the shops they tend to only sell huge packs & can be pretty dire tasting!

I was thinking more long the lines of stirring some laughing cow light triangles into your mash or soup. I am going to make Kirstys cauliflower cheese soup today for that reason. Or try the 0% fat creamy Yogurts like Fage Total.

Personally I cannot stand protein drinks though I may look again at Syntrax nectar ones which aren't milky, if I get problems with protein intake and cannot beef it up any other way.

Not too bad this morning, nausea still there but quiet at the mo, I haven't eaten yet tho hubs is making me a protein yogurt ( a third Danio, 2/3rds Fage 0%, sweet enough and I managed it yesterday evening ). He blitzes it silky smooth with my hand blender. Enables me to take my Omeprazole with the capsule removed.

Just putting one foot in front of 'tuther and hope each day gets easier :)

Ps we are given Dutch Crispbakes right from the first meal. My 2 week fluid plan has the, twice a day on fluids only. They are dust in your mouth, no lumps and at least means you have something to spread :). Ask about those?

Last edited:
Just had my follow up call from the bariatric nurse. I seem to be doing very well! I described the pain I was getting early on and he thinks it is a mixture of early day healing and maybe food too thick but has reassured me that no harm will have been done! Phewww! He was still a bit vague on how much I should be eating but just said listen to your body! Anyway feel a lot happier and I even got the date for my follow up appointment which is the 29th July. A long way off yet, I wonder how much weight I will manage to lose from now until then? Exciting times ahead! :)

Sounds like you are doing amazingly well Jackie, fab weight loss so far :)
Glad the pain has settled for you and hope you're feeling reassured about things. It is all a bit trial and error in the early days, try not to drive yourself nuts second guessing everything.

Sounds like you are doing amazingly well Jackie, fab weight loss so far :)
Glad the pain has settled for you and hope you're feeling reassured about things. It is all a bit trial and error in the early days, try not to drive yourself nuts second guessing everything.

Thanks Suzie, you know what I am like. I am such a control freak and feel out of control at the minute ha ha!
How's the holidays? Hope you are having a fab time xxx

The feeling out of control is freaky but you'll get the control back, it just takes time!

image-689244814.jpg

The holiday is fab, feeling very relaxed and this place is idyllic

The feeling out of control is freaky but you'll get the control back, it just takes time!

View attachment 16728

The holiday is fab, feeling very relaxed and this place is idyllic

Oh Suzie, that is stunning. So jealous of you right now! Where are you? xx :jelous:

I'm in Anguilla in the Caribbean.

Wouldn't normally visit such exotic locations but I'm very lucky because my brother lives here. ;) Mind you he's been here 5 years and this is the first time I've been out!!

I'm in Anguilla in the Caribbean. Wouldn't normally visit such exotic locations but I'm very lucky because my brother lives here. ;) Mind you he's been here 5 years and this is the first time I've been out!!

How on earth can you come home from that ? Stunning.

I hope you are having a wonderful time I guess how could you not enjoy every min. .

Morning peeps. Has anyone tried the Arla 20g protein yoghurt. It's really nice and 20g!!! Calories in whole pot are 140 with 12.6g sugar. Is this high? I could only manage a half of one at this stage but was impressed with protein content.
Jackie
xx

Morning peeps. Has anyone tried the Arla 20g protein yoghurt. It's really nice and 20g!!! Calories in whole pot are 140 with 12.6g sugar. Is this high? I could only manage a half of one at this stage but was impressed with protein content. Jackie xx

Have seen them mentioned by a few people Siana rates them highly.

Back