• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

JennaMeri's Sleeve Journey

Good luck on your journey..
I am 1 months 20 days post sleeve and I still cant get more than 500 ml water a day

lost so far 18.5 kgs which is great

am past pureed food I need to eat 6 meals a day and 2 snack, i barely manage to eat 3 times a day

good luck

That's a great loss! Can I ask... do you know why you're finding it so difficult to eat/drink enough? Every one's different, so I'm just curious. How long did you stay on liquids/pureed? I'm supposed to be four weeks on both, but I just can't manage that.

I was on liquid phase for 7 days and on pureed food for 4 weeks and right now am on a 1000 kcal diet but I dont think am reaching these 100 kcal

well as my nutritionist told me , it needs time to be able to drink or eat easily she told me some ppl stay so for 3 whole months and then it gets easier

Jenna, WICKED is by far my favourite musical, defying gravity is just breathtaking isn't it? I'm so jealous you went to see it, I haven't been in a few years :(

Keep going chick, you're doing really well, very proud of the 1800mls, sooooo close!!! X

I was on liquid phase for 7 days and on pureed food for 4 weeks and right now am on a 1000 kcal diet but I dont think am reaching these 100 kcal

well as my nutritionist told me , it needs time to be able to drink or eat easily she told me some ppl stay so for 3 whole months and then it gets easier

I managed to stick with the liquids for 2 weeks... but then I started getting lightheaded and was falling asleep all the time so I tried the purees and have gotten on pretty well. Sometimes I feel like I'm over eating because it just seems so easy to eat already... but I only eat 3-4 teaspoons of food before I'm full. I just do that about 6 times a day so it feels like I'm grazing. Hope your day is going well! :)

Jenna, WICKED is by far my favourite musical, defying gravity is just breathtaking isn't it? I'm so jealous you went to see it, I haven't been in a few years :(

Keep going chick, you're doing really well, very proud of the 1800mls, sooooo close!!! X

I'd have to say that WICKED is my very close second fav. First will always be Phantom. Mainly because that was the first one I ever saw live and it blew me away. I sat right under the chandelier and as it fell right above me it added that emotional factor. Brilliant. But if I hadn't seen that WICKED would definitely be number one. :)
How're you doing now?

Well, today is weigh day! I've also managed to poo thanks to the help of some senna... only reason I even took it (as I wasn't feeling uncomfortable and when the doc gave me a check up he said everything felt fine so I wasn't concerned at all) is because the nirse phoned yesterday and said that only going twice in three weeks is not good... that I MUST be constipated. I can now clearly tell you that I'm NOT constipated. Happened no problem... all the senna did was move it through faster. Another couple days and it would have happened on its own anyway. I know they're professionals and all but I kinda know my own body... it has been mine for 31.5 years. So I'll take the senna once a week if I don't do it myself just to keep the bloody nurse happy but I honestly know I wasn't constipated at all. Anyway... weigh day results. Last week: 235.8 lbs This week: 230.6 lbs!! It's not the 10 loss like the week before, but that puts me at a 30 lbs lost so far which means I have now lost over 2 stone!! Yaaay! Keep going!!

yay sounds good to me well dome hun :) so sorry i've not see your diary til now. cangrats on the op and wd on the losses sounds like your doing just fine. I totally understand about the fluid intake feel like my whole day is spent watching the clock, drink, don't drink, eat, don't drink, drink more aghhh i'm sure it must get easier (i hope so)
Anyway hun i shall be looking out for your future posts x x x have a great day

Hiya hun, well done on your weigh in, long may the big losses continue eh??? I just updated my diary to explain how I dumped last night (I think), makes me a but nervous that I might have issues with anything sugary in the future, which I know is a good thing really but I'd be a bit gutted if I couldn't eat anything sweet ever again. 1lb off 2st loss for me, hopefully by wednesday my official weigh in day I will have achieved it :) x

Hiya hun, well done on your weigh in, long may the big losses continue eh??? I just updated my diary to explain how I dumped last night (I think), makes me a but nervous that I might have issues with anything sugary in the future, which I know is a good thing really but I'd be a bit gutted if I couldn't eat anything sweet ever again. 1lb off 2st loss for me, hopefully by wednesday my official weigh in day I will have achieved it :) x

May they continue indeed! My baby sister is getting married March 2015, so I'm hoping to be most of my way to my goal by then! I'd have to put an "I think" after dumping as well, as I actually don't know what that means/why it would happen. No one ever told me anything about that. I'm assuming I know what it is, but I could be completely wrong. G'Luck for Wednesday! I was so excited when the 2st mark happened! :)

yay sounds good to me well dome hun :) so sorry i've not see your diary til now. cangrats on the op and wd on the losses sounds like your doing just fine. I totally understand about the fluid intake feel like my whole day is spent watching the clock, drink, don't drink, eat, don't drink, drink more aghhh i'm sure it must get easier (i hope so)
Anyway hun i shall be looking out for your future posts x x x have a great day

I suppose I really should be watching the clock more, but I don't. I eat when I feel 'hollow' and then the next time I feel 'hollow' I drink something. Probably not eating or drinking as much as I should, but that's been my method so far. Hope you have a nice week! :)

Well done :) :) :)

Thanks! :D:D

Excellent job on the weight loss! Those first few months it seems to fly off quickly. Sometimes it seems there is a stall for a week or two but the stall ends and it usually is ended with a big weight drop!

My understanding of it hun is that for sleevers it's not as common but definitely happens to some of us. It'll most likely be high sugar or high fat foods and it's simply because the stomach can't handle the high levels of sugar/fat so chuck it through to the intestines 'before time' which don't have enough enzymes etc to break it down so it just expels it from the body asap, via whichever route is closest haha. I think, but that might be wrong, X

My understanding of it hun is that for sleevers it's not as common but definitely happens to some of us. It'll most likely be high sugar or high fat foods and it's simply because the stomach can't handle the high levels of sugar/fat so chuck it through to the intestines 'before time' which don't have enough enzymes etc to break it down so it just expels it from the body asap, via whichever route is closest haha. I think, but that might be wrong, X

That's pretty much what I thought. ;) Still, it doesn't sound like much fun.
First full day back to work and I'm exhausted. Still 6.5 hours to go! How's your day(s)?

Excellent job on the weight loss! Those first few months it seems to fly off quickly. Sometimes it seems there is a stall for a week or two but the stall ends and it usually is ended with a big weight drop!

Haven't hit a stall yet... though it has slowed down. Not worried though as I haven't started exercising yet.

Day is going fine thanks hun. Just had swede and carrot mash with some pineapple cottage cheese (weird mix but worked). Nom nom. X

Oh goodness, this week has been busy! I worked 12 hour shifts Tues, Thurs and Fri... so horribly tired. It wasn't too bad for my first week back though! :) I've noticed I can eat more now, so I may start just eating three meals a day and drinking various things between meals and see how that goes. It'll definitely make it easier to get all my liquids in! Don't think there's going to be much of a loss this week... though even a couple pounds would be the high end of 'normal' weight loss for a week, so I'll be happy with 1-2lbs gone. :) I also feel almost back to normal now! Hubby says the incisions look nice and pink, with only a couple more scabby bits to go, and the bruising is almost completely gone now. :D
I decided to prove to the hubby that we could still have McD's or go out, that I just needed to be selective in what I get and to CHEW it completely. So since we'd gone to a train show this morning, I suggested going to McD's for lunch. I got some potato wedges with the sour cream and onion dip and a medium strawberry milkshake (that way he'd have the rest when I couldn't have anymore). I managed half of the wedges and about 1/4 of the shake and was completely satisfied with myself. :) I obviously will not be making a habit out of this: we don't typically go there to eat anyways, I just wanted to show him that we still COULD go, since that was one of his main worries before I had the op. That we wouldn't be able to go out anymore. :)
I've had a bit of egg and bacon sandwich filler for breakfast, the potato wedges for lunch, 750mls of nas juice, 200ml of milk with ovaltine and am currently working on my next 750mls of juice. :)
How's every one else going this weekend? Our neighbour's fence was destroyed in the wind storm last night, so we've had to keep Pup on her lead even when she goes into the garden. :( Luckily I've had a word with him and he's ordered a new panel for one and secured the second panel, but one of the posts has to be recemented in. Just have to hope the company can replace it soon. Hope every one is safe!

Okay, so along with slimpip I'm doing a No Scale Challenge for the next few weeks. Instead, I've done measurements and between 07/02 and this morning (23/02) I've lost a total of 2 inches total. 1.5" off my waist and 0.5" off my Right upper arm. Everything else has stayed the same... well, I don't know that for certain as I measured more parts on the 7th and meant to save them in a program I use, but the dumb thing didn't save the measurements! Grrr. Oh well. This week has been rough. Had my first official visit from TOM in about 3 years. Just as bad (if not worse) than I remembered. Cramps have been HORRIBLE, had a VERY emotional day Wednesday and due to having suffered from TSS a couple times in the past, I can't even use enough clothing protection (can't use STs as I'm allergic to the adhesive)... so it's been not the best couple of days. Have to really stay on the ibuprofen as well or I start to feel ill. This is the only part of the whole thing where I have to wonder if it's worth it. Not only do I not get to enjoy things I used to, but now I get to suffer every month as well. I've already told the hubby that if my migraines come back as well, it is DEFINITELY not worth it and I'll just go back to being severely obese. Nothing, and I honestly mean NOTHING is worth those migraines. Also a bit sad because if I AM now regular that means that TOM will be visiting during our anniversary week... which means my holiday will be pretty crappy.
Trying not to be negative or down, but I'm not in the best of mindsets at the moment.
Keeping strong with the not weighing, and happy about the 2 inches lost! Need to try better to keep up with the drinking! Here's to a better week next week!! :) Hope every one is well.

Oh poor thing (((hugs))) bloody hormones.... :(

Have you considered having a coil fitted, or is this not an option xx

Not an option as one of the reasons for doing this was to hopefully get pregnant. I just have to learn to deal with it all again and hope it doesn't involve the migraines.

Oh Jenna bless you hun!! Perhaps you'll find they'll settle down? The first one for 3 years was bound to be unpleasant, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I used to suffer terribly with period pains and I fainted twice at uni, once in a park while walking to uni and once in a seminar where I actually fell off my chair...not at all embarrassing!

The no scales thing is going well for me too, I'm not doing measurements though, I just keep trying on clothes and see if they feel any closer to fitting.

I really hope things get better in the world of TOTM and try and remember the reasons why we took such drastic measures. Nobody said it would be easy, but it will be worth it!!! X

Back