• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lost all interest in eating

Everyone has different experiences :)
I am back to eating whatever I fancy but in smaller portions. Tonight I had a small gammon steak, cottage cheese and salsa. This experience has shocked me, I got it into my head there would be foods I would not be able to eat but so far I have tried bread, rice, curry, even as a treat had a couple of liquorice allsorts :) The only problem I have is I can no longer drink sugar free squash, its far too sickly. No sickness, no pains, no reflux, gurgling of my tummy but was that there before and I just didnt notice? Not sure I am eating enough but I am eating regular meals.
I will say I do not get hungry but I am doing what my dietician told me. She stressed "Do not exchange one eating disorder for another!" Please talk to your provider if you think you are.
Its absolutely amazing being able to recognise being full an experience never known to me previously.

Although I don't get the hunger that I had before the op, I am eating regular meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner and milky drink supper. I have to say that I do look forward to eating just as much as before, but now a little bit will satisfy.

I'm now eating normal foods - tiny portions on a tea plate. I have to cook for the OH anyhow and as I've neither the time/energy to make separate meals - I just pinch a bit off his... ;0)

I also cook the same amount as before so I now have a freezer full of tiny portions and have run out of tupperware!

I made some bacon n lentil soup. Only made half the amount I usually make, but it looks like I've made a year’s supply. It sounds silly but I find it very strange cooking with small amounts of ingredients. I'm so conditioned to putting whole packs of bacon etc into the pan and spending hours chopping veg. I do like cooking, however, so nothing’s really wasted as I freeze stuff and give meals to my parents to try. Also, I'm excited about my new life with a sleeve so it’s fun trying new recipes and learning to adapt to my portion requirements.

I read somewhere that having surgery like this can change the way you think about food pretty much straight away so maybe your lack of interest in food could be partly down to this and and the rest down to having a few bad experiences that has put you off?

Maybe try just having small bites of things throughout the day so you don't get poorly?

I havent my op yet so this advice may be well off the mark! I personally can not wait to not think about food :D

You do have to be careful eating lots of small amounts as you could get in the habit of grazing :(

I have found eating three small meals works well, if I cant eat enough at those times to up my protein I have a milky drink or slimfast. I am easily addicted to routines so grazing would be really hard for me to control.

Like Nova I eat off a teaplate and small amounts satisfy me, its amazing :)

I went to starbucks this morning and had a small mango and passion fruit cooler (juice and ice) and have spent the whole rest of day stressing ive eaten too many calories and too much sugar. Where has this come from???? I never gave a flying monkey .... before so. Its like gizmo has given me a mental issue straight away. X

Back