• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mini gastric bypass.HELP!

Do you not have to do a live shrinking diet? Just wanted to say hello and good luck, I self funded but I had a bypass in the UK

Hi butterfly lady,the problem is this is a mini version of bypass so I don't know of what is required of this one if its the same as the RY bypass.when I asked the company(Tullia,some are familiar with her)she sarcasticly replied a low fat pre op diet.i replied there's me gone & bought lard & P-nut butter for my ferry journey butties.ah we'll there goes my paper knickers.

hi anybody, i've been struggling to use wlsurgery for ans to questions in connection with my surgery i'm having15/10/14.i don't know what sections of this web site to enter(it don't help as i'm computer illiterate)thats why im asking in this section!im having a mini gastric bypass done.two people did help me with some experiences which was so so helpful.but i need help with what i can eat & drink pre & post op,i take meds for high bp,thyroid,depression so what will happen during NBM & post op.will NBM include meds???it seems very few have had the mini gastric bypass & that alot opt for the full.i had to fund mine myself & broke our bank in the process,the nhs in wales give us free prescriptions so its tough titty i cant have both ways(carrying them out of tescos in a carrier bag costs 5p in wales,every little...breaks the camels)pls help me & my plight.:0(

Hi Marcos, really sorry but I can't help on the above questions regarding medication - have you emailed your consultant to ask? I'm thinking that medical advice such as that really needs to come from them.

Wanted to wish you luck though. I think the mini GP is more common abroad, so hopefully there'll be people to give you advice.

Marcos - if your provider is leaving you with all these unanswered questions, I think you need to change. I've had a bypass but don't know what a "mini" one is ... All I will say is (and I think most post-oppers on here would agree) that you must feel supported by your team in order for your WLS to be successful. You are about to drastically change your life forever. Call the secretary and make an appointment to speak to someone. We are here to support each other on this forum and can give advice based on our own experiences. You have specific medical questions needing to be clarified and that must come from medical professionals, not us. Good luck and keep us informed on how you get on. X

Some people just have no sense of humour. If she is judgemental then she has picked the wrong job I would say!

Good luck with it all. I expect it feels an eternity away.

Debbie

Marcos, just seen this thread you started ,I have replied to your posts on other threads when you asked questions, not sure you have seen them?.
I'm 16 days post a mini gastic by pass, not sure why you are going to Belgium to have it done, I had mine done at the spire hospital in southampton, my surgeon is from Belgium and flys over here once a week to perform these operations, feel free to ask me more questions, I hope you have seen my replies in the other threads you posted on?

Hi Marcos, really sorry but I can't help on the above questions regarding medication - have you emailed your consultant to ask? I'm thinking that medical advice such as that really needs to come from them. Wanted to wish you luck though. I think the mini GP is more common abroad, so hopefully there'll be people to give you advice.
It's not more common aboard. It's performed weekly at the spire southampton, where I had mine, my surgeon does three daily, once a week,

Hi curls,I've been following your posts more closely than I have on anyone else really.ive followed your journey by reading all your posts in the search section,pre & now post op.i think I could go on mastermind,with my chosen subject being-CURLS40.im traveling down from Cardiff to Portsmouth to catch a ferry to le harve France.i couldn't qualify on nhs so I'm gutted I had fork out privately,so decided on France as 1/2 price of uk.after researching GMBP thoroughly it was thie choice every time.dont understand why others have differently.well my fellow mini BP,you must be popular with interflora,seeing all the flowers.

I was turned down on Nhs four years ago , then a year ago put on the tier three programme, lost 24lbs myself on that, then they recommend I could loose weight myself after my six months finished,so I went back to my GP, they recommended me for surgery and I was funded , so I had to fight for it, then it all happened so quick, light was at the end of the tunnel,

Hi curls,I'm sat here in my room in France counting the hours down watching French tv as that's all there is!!!had all the blood tests today,tomorrow I have that endearscopie thingy down my throat to look forward to.the surgeon has mentioned I'm on laughing gas as sedation.what was it like,how was you afterwards?this whole french thing is a bit funky as they all know very little if not any English so it's a struggle to communicate with Drs.i just can't wait to get all this over & done with asap.the ferry journey was in a gale force 8.its been all fun & games.

How exciting Marcos, you are days away, I never had laughing gas , just lots of needles shoved in me for sedation, I was asleep within seconds, just remember to look for a clock before you enter the theatre, then you will know how long you have been alsleep, I looked at clock 2:10 pm, was back on ward at 5:30pm, remember no pain no gain, Three weeks for me this Thursday , wounds are virtually healed, only one is a bit scabby, been selling clothes on e bay today,and been searching for new work clothes for my return . My face is getting slimmer , will post some photos after 1month post op, then you can see how lovely I am Marcos, lol.

Good luck Marcos!.... I had an MGB in Belgium two weeks ago last Friday as my GP wouldn't even give me a referral.... You will do just fine! First day was a bit sore but try and get up and moving as soon as possible! .... All the best and keep us posted! Jan.

Wow curls!.... It's amazing that you can sell clothes already!... Mine are feeling more comfy round the waist and I can also tell my face is a bit slimmer!.. My weight loss is fairly slow at the moment but hoping it will pick up when I'm more active!.. I've been feeling very tired but I've moved onto purée now so hoping that will improve!

Hi curls,after reading your posts I can see the weight is falling off you.such a good incentive to get me through this.i think I'm going to make a big pile of my clothes and burn them laughing hysterically as I watch the smoke of 3XL & 20inch collar go up in a smokey past(well more of a muffled giggle,don't want the neighbours thinking I'm madder than what I am).im also going to Put up the before & after photos in a month or two(if I can work it out)and show the then slim new elvis on his army tank rather than the toilet tank elvis where he popped his clogs, bloated & obese.oh yeah! Hey I noticed u fell for my fishing gag.shame on you.tut tut.i thought there might have been a bigger haul than just four fish.hee hee! p.s talking about photos.you'll be ditching that great big mug in your photo replacing it with an egg cup wot with the space your GmbH has left you with....couldnt u find a bigger one???

Thx jan52,did the pain killers work that they gave u after the op.wots it like when u laugh as I was hoping to watch married with children on my I-pad,to cheer me up?Al Bundy may just literally kill me this time.

Back