• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts here..

Thanks...look forward to thoose! Lol

You got your self a week worth of clexane! Darn stuff!
I spent a week in bed feeling very sorry for myself, I must say reading how your feeling is making me think I was a bit of a wimp!

No I wasn't given any, just told to wear the stockings for a week (think they will need washing though!!)

I was given two jabs of it while I was there though. I had so many needles stuck in me, I felt like a pin cushion!

You're not a wimp at all, I'm just lucky I don't have any wind pain. I just feel a bit tender and bloated but otherwise fine.

Day 3 after surgery and I feel better already. Incision points are starting to feel a little less tender, and I can move around more easily. Still bloated and swollen though.

There is no pain at all, which I'm so glad about.

I'm sticking rigidly to the liquids, but I really must get MORE fluids into me. I thought I'd drunk loads yesterday, but it's still not enough and I'm a bit dehydrated.

Anyway this morning I've had a yummy strawberry Complan and a huge cup of tea, and I'll just keep drinking all day.

I don't feel hungry at all but I know that won't last unfortunately!

Oh I don't know. I'm 4 weeks pre op this Sat and i really don't notice hunger yet and theres nothing in the band yet. Sometimes I forget to eat, and drinking; well my pee could stop traffic. LOL

NOTE TO SELF: drink more.

Good luck on your journey xxxxx

If only... I think I need to eat more to shift it. Lost 1stone 2lbs with a week pre op and two weeks post. And now a further 4lbs since check up. I hope to have shifted 2 stone by the time I have my fill on 8/10.

If only... I think I need to eat more to shift it. Lost 1stone 2lbs with a week pre op and two weeks post. And now a further 4lbs since check up. I hope to have shifted 2 stone by the time I have my fill on 8/10.

with average weight loss with a band 1-2lbs a week it is shifting! :)

I did put on 2lb when at the beginning of the puréed stage, but I presume that's normal having gone from fluid back to food?

Chummy, yes it is actually normal at that time. I also find that when I go onto liquids and mash post fill my weight loss normally slows right down (although for a lot of people they tend to lose a couple of extra lbs) it doesn't work that way for me. In fact after my fill last week and being on mash and liquids, I've actually put on 3lb!

Weight can fluctuate naturally, things such as time of the month, even within a 24 hour period, so trying to take a wider view of the losses is important, but its still hard when it may not drop as we hoped, or if it goes in the other direction, or indeed up and down over the same few pound.

Good to hear I'm not on my own. Thought I'd done something wrong. I don't care when it comes off just that it does. I've got until next August to shift it, I'm not going to be overweight for my 40th. I'll be out In My first dress or at least that's the plan!!
Haven't been advised to go back onto fluids prior to fill just 3 days after and then another 3 days on purée. But do you recommend going onto fluid a day or two before?

Had a follow up call from a lovely nurse at THG today, checking how I am - she was astonished that I have no wind pain.

She told me I'll get a call in the next few days to book in my first fill. I think THG have been generally pretty good so far.

Good to hear I'm not on my own. Thought I'd done something wrong. I don't care when it comes off just that it does. I've got until next August to shift it, I'm not going to be overweight for my 40th. I'll be out In My first dress or at least that's the plan!!
Haven't been advised to go back onto fluids prior to fill just 3 days after and then another 3 days on purée. But do you recommend going onto fluid a day or two before?

There is no reason to go on fluids the day before the fill but your provider will advise not to eat or drink for a certain time before. Mine is nothing for 3 hours. But you are not likely to notice restriction while on the fluids and mash so give yourself time when back on food to see how it is then :)

Had a follow up call from a lovely nurse at THG today, checking how I am - she was astonished that I have no wind pain.

She told me I'll get a call in the next few days to book in my first fill. I think THG have been generally pretty good so far.

Not everyone gets wind pain - I've not suffered from it either - be relieved that you haven't tho it's a bonus :)

I'm very grateful! I'm massively bloated instead though.

How's your restriction TK? Any change after your fill?

Still feeling fine, and on the mend every day. I'm less sore and feel a little less bloated today.

However today I seem to have sleeping sickness haha.I was up and about at 7.30 ish, waved the OH off to work .. then thought I felt a bit tired so had a lie down.

I only woke up at midday because THG called me to book my dietician appointment and first fill!

MIDDAY!

I guess a general anaesthetic is a pretty big deal, and maybe my body just needed a bit more time to recover.

Anyway, first fill is now booked for Oct 28th, I just need to get through the liquid and mush stages now.

The liquids are better than I was expecting, although not being hungry does help. The gurgling is spectacular!

Hi banderbird... I'm glad ur getting through this. X

Not much to report today. Still on the mend, still sleeping loads.

Incision wounds seem to be healing very well with no pain at all and the bloating has reduced still further.

I can now get up much more easily!

My post-op guidelines say I can take the dressings off in 3-5 days, so in theory I could do it today but I think I'll leave it another day.

Back