• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts here..

I left mine almost a week before I removed them, though the hospital put waterproof coverings over them so I could shower. They have healed really well, though I did have a turn when bits of glue started coming off!

Sounds like it's going really well for you:)

Well, it's certainly so far, so good.

I haven't got waterproof coverings, I'm just trying to shower as quickly as I can! I'm terrified of softening the glue..

Glad you've healed up OK! :)

Not much to report today. Still on the mend, still sleeping loads.

Incision wounds seem to be healing very well with no pain at all and the bloating has reduced still further.

I can now get up much more easily!

My post-op guidelines say I can take the dressings off in 3-5 days, so in theory I could do it today but I think I'll leave it another day.

Hi Bander. I'm so glad ur getting better everyday. Sleep is the best healer. Look forward t o seeing more entries on your progressxx

Oh what a git! Lol... Keep strong girlie!xxx

Day 5, and all fine. Sleeping really well, wounds healing well.

I'm starting to get bored with the liquid diet though, it's going to be a real struggle doing this for two weeks, I'm desperate to EAT something!

I'm not feeling hunger as such, but I do get strange stomach pains and gurgles which I think is telling me I need fuel.

Can't wait for the mushy stage, I'm sick of protein shakes and soup! This is not food lol

I am sure time will fly... Ur drinking for a reason...it may suck, sorry for the pun, but its part of ur journeyxxxxz

You're doing great bb, and mushies will be here before you know it. Between pre-op milk and yogurt and post-op liquids I spent 5 weeks without any solid food. It gets old, but just remember why you're doing it and you'll be fine:)

Wow, five weeks must have been super-tough, I must stop moaning!

I know it's only a short period of time in the grand scheme of things.

*slurp*

It helps that I had a freezer full of homemade soups that I love - carrot and coriander, courgette and gruyere, curried cauliflower and my absolute favourite, broccoli and stilton. Nom! I did crave jacket potato and mashed carrot and turnip though, so I do know how you feel. Not long to go (honest!) x

Feel great today, and slightly guilty that I'm still off work. Oh well, I'm going back on Thursday, there's no harm in taking it easy after surgery.

I think I might take my dressings off today. I've done the two smallest ones, and the marks left are tiny!

I'm not feeling hunger as such, but I do get strange stomach pains and gurgles which I think is telling me I need fuel.

Banderbird - the gurgles etc are very common with a band, as is the stomach rumbling. It is a conflict because we are used to it meaning to us that we are hungry, but those rumbles etc come from the lower part of the stomach and the receptors which tell your brain that you're not hungry are at the top above your band.

It is the grehlin levels which will determine whether you're hungry or not and normally the food would go into the stomach and satisfy it, but fill the stomach right up to the receptors. Now the food is hitting the receptors and telling the brain you're full or that you're not hungry, but the grehlin isn't getting the "satisfaction" that it had pre-band.

You will also find with the band, that the stomach will gurgle and rumble, that you will hear, as you find restriction the food/liquids passing through the band or sitting above it. Mine often rumbles so loud at night that it makes the dogs growl in response lol

The important thing (and sometimes not the easiest) is listening to whether you are actually hungry, not responding to the head hunger or because the stomach rumbles. :)

Thanks TK - well I was definitely hungry this morning before my shake! :D

How is your restriction now after your last fill?

Am glad that you're doing ok :)

My last fill which is two weeks ago tomorrow, hasn't made any difference in the slightest - so that was 2 fills, 2 weeks between each. I'm now booked in for another one tomorrow - so back up to Birmingham I go. She said there was room to put a bit more in last time, but it wouldn't be much. I've been goin up over the past months on 0.5mls so think its likely to be the same. But having put on 3lb on the liquid and mash stage after my last fill and then putting on again last week something needs to give!

I am hoping tho, that by having these fills closer together that we may find that spot, but its just a pain them being so close together and having to take time out of the office and the journey up - only for the liquid and mash stage to slow down the weight loss - I've lost 6 weeks losses really with these recent fills :(

But fingers crossed we will get there . . .

I've taken all the dressings off, and all the incisions are healing beautifully.

The port wound is looking pink and healthy, but the most 'raw' of them, so I've put a plaster over it just for today.

I think they will all fully heal OK, they've closed up very well.

There's a little bit of bruising, but it's fading to pretty colours lol

Fab news! I was horribly bruised, but I was a lot bigger so I suspect they've had to be a bit more heavy-handed with me lol!
You're doing great bb:)

Thanks Sarah!

So here's my first photo - how my incisions are looking. Pretty pleased with this.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 134
Back