• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Post OP (Band) Journey 2014 onwards

Just take it easy, Sharon. A cold on top of your recuperation must be hellish. Your doing the right thing getting back into your Jammie's ...more (((Huggs)))

Hi there, I'm Annie. Just come across this forum and found some of the advice in this thread really helpful. I had my band fitted at hospital group, bromsgrove, Tuesday just gone (26th August 14). Little bit confused as I've had some contradictory advice from different staff members there. One nurse told me I can shower and take dressings off after a couple of days another has said to leave them on until they fall off naturally, one nurse said I can drive in 48 hours, another said to leave it for a week. Not a big deal, just really want to know what's correct. In quite a bit of pain with tummy, feels as if I've overdone it with the sit ups and also feel very nauseous when lying down so I'm trying to sleep propped up with pillows. Is this all normal? Can anyone advise when/if this subsides at all ?

Thanks every so much - Annie

Hi there, I'm Annie. Just come across this forum and found some of the advice in this thread really helpful. I had my band fitted at hospital group, bromsgrove, Tuesday just gone (26th August 14). Little bit confused as I've had some contradictory advice from different staff members there. One nurse told me I can shower and take dressings off after a couple of days another has said to leave them on until they fall off naturally, one nurse said I can drive in 48 hours, another said to leave it for a week. Not a big deal, just really want to know what's correct. In quite a bit of pain with tummy, feels as if I've overdone it with the sit ups and also feel very nauseous when lying down so I'm trying to sleep propped up with pillows. Is this all normal? Can anyone advise when/if this subsides at all ? Thanks every so much - Annie

Hi Annie!!

Welcome!

I had my band fitted in Saturday 23rd!

I was advised that the dressings to keep them on till Friday, tomorrow and if any were still bleeding to redress them, however there was little blood on mines and I changed them yesterday and put new waterproof dressings on! I don't think taking them off in few days after op is ok as if still open, more prone to infection...I'm not doc but I'd say 1 week anyways, did you get other dressings??

Why are you doing sit ups?? I would thought you would need a little time to heal...the physio I saw gave me very light exercises to strengthen my core, but again nothing with too much jerking??

I have slept propped up most week as most comfortable..just started lying on my right side last couple days..

Can't help with the driving thing, except when I been passenger, used pillow to help with seatbelt next to my wounds!

Maybe best check with the doc, as I'm not a nurse and as u had 2 sets information..just be careful as your body's been through a lot...

Wish you the best, let me know if you need anything xx

Well morning everyone!

I feel much better today, cold is in the background but definitely broke yesterday!

I weighed myself this morning and I am happy to announce that im officially 18st 13.75lbs - 265.75lbs

So thats 2 milestones....2 stone lost and into the 18s (just)

What a great tool the band is! :)
Best money ever, (even better than my Michael Kors handbag i got onsale in the US :) )

XXXX

Well morning everyone! I feel much better today, cold is in the background but definitely broke yesterday! I weighed myself this morning and I am happy to announce that im officially 18st 13.75lbs - 265.75lbs So thats 2 milestones....2 stone lost and into the 18s (just) What a great tool the band is! :) Best money ever, (even better than my Michael Kors handbag i got onsale in the US :) ) XXXX

Lol. Better than a Michael Kors handbag?

Glad your feeling better love.

Brill news on the weight !

Have a great day x

Hi Sharon, thank you for such a lovely reply. I re read what I typed and it does sound as if I've been doing sit ups since having the operation, what a dork!! It was supposed to read that the discomfort felt as if I'd done 200 sit ups! You must have thought I'm a right glutton for punishment.
I didn't get any replacement dressings so I'll just let nature takes it cause for them to fall off naturally. My hubby has hidden my car keys and won't let me attempt to drive till Sunday at the earliest so that's that decision made!
Still struggling with nausea in the night, took your advice and slept propped up last night, woke up on my side though feeling nauseous. Deep breaths and drink of water seems to ease it.
Food wise, I'm liking complan, tescos own slimming drink (much nicer than slim fast), yoghurt drinks and smooth soup. Any other recommendations ?

Hi Sharon, thank you for such a lovely reply. I re read what I typed and it does sound as if I've been doing sit ups since having the operation, what a dork!! It was supposed to read that the discomfort felt as if I'd done 200 sit ups! You must have thought I'm a right glutton for punishment. I didn't get any replacement dressings so I'll just let nature takes it cause for them to fall off naturally. My hubby has hidden my car keys and won't let me attempt to drive till Sunday at the earliest so that's that decision made! Still struggling with nausea in the night, took your advice and slept propped up last night, woke up on my side though feeling nauseous. Deep breaths and drink of water seems to ease it. Food wise, I'm liking complan, tescos own slimming drink (much nicer than slim fast), yoghurt drinks and smooth soup. Any other recommendations ?

Hi Annie!

Thank goodness you weren't doing sit-ups!! Makes sense now you say feels like it lol!!!

Doc said I could take mines of today, but as changed them gonna leave them another few days!!

Deep breaths do help! Even try putting pillows around ur sides so if do roll over be more cushioned?!

I would say make my own shakes but discovered brand in tesco called UFIT which are back on offer £1 each, taste lovely and low sugar and carbs...the Upbeat are lovely as well and on offer £1.25!! They go fast so try stock up them xx

Made some soup and blended that with protein powder to keep helping weight loss going xx

Xx

Attachments

• image-991686413.jpg
    image-991686413.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image-689774674.jpg
    image-689774674.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 52
Ha ha that looks just like my fridge and freezer! Except mine is full of disgusting slim fast. I have a friend who uses it. I am going to drop a dozen bottles off to him over the weekend

Hi sharon
I love you new post, just gone through it..the coughing must have been awful, i coughed last night from a tickle in my throat and it was a killer. Poor you!
You have been doing really well though.

In relation to the dressings i was told yesterday to keep the dressings on until Sunday, that will be 5 days post op, then i can put some waterproof ones on they gave me and i have a few of these but the dressings must stay on a total of 10 days.
So roll on Sunday when i can get a shower!!

I hope your mum is ok sharon, its awful worrying about someone else when your not well, I've had that this week with my dad been admitted to hospital again.

Onwards and upwards girls x

Hi sharon
I love you new post, just gone through it..the coughing must have been awful, i coughed last night from a tickle in my throat and it was a killer. Poor you!
You have been doing really well though.

In relation to the dressings i was told yesterday to keep the dressings on until Sunday, that will be 5 days post op, then i can put some waterproof ones on they gave me and i have a few of these but the dressings must stay on a total of 10 days.
So roll on Sunday when i can get a shower!!

I hope your mum is ok sharon, its awful worrying about someone else when your not well, I've had that this week with my dad been admitted to hospital again.

Onwards and upwards girls x

Thanks Karina! She is getting referred back to the hospital, very strange one for sure! hope your dads ok!

oh the cough wasnt nice, still have a tickle but get there xx

Morning everyone!

Cold is almost home!! Thank goodness!

Just weighed myself and another lb down!!! :)

18st 12 -3/4lbs!

264.75lbs--

29.75lbs total loss!!

So happy as my hard work is paying off!! I know I have long way to go, but each lb is keeping me in the right direction!! Xxx

Hope everyone has good Saturday !!

Off to get the pup groomed today and may try little shopping !! :) xxx

Back