• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Weight loss Journey 2014 onwards

Hi Sharon hunni just caught your thread :) just wanted to wish you well as you start your journey to the new you :) wd hunni you wont regret it......... i started at 285 so a similar starting weight was banded 6th feb so just approaching 6th month mark and so far 5 1/2 stone down including my pre op diet and my band is still empty lol i love your positive mindset it will serve you well :) all the best x x x x

Hi Sharon hunni just caught your thread :) just wanted to wish you well as you start your journey to the new you :) wd hunni you wont regret it......... i started at 285 so a similar starting weight was banded 6th feb so just approaching 6th month mark and so far 5 1/2 stone down including my pre op diet and my band is still empty lol i love your positive mindset it will serve you well :) all the best x x x x

Aww thanks Crystal! I have been reading all your posts as they are very inspiring!! :) I hope I have as good success as yourself!!! :)

Today has been my first day on my diet before my pre op diet, so far so good (maybe due to me going to dentist and my mouth being numb for half of it lol)

So far no diet coke which I'm trying to reduce then stop, and shake for breakfast and cup of homemade carrot and orange soup.

Tonight I'm thinking salad and chicken!

Xx

Well day 1 normal diet went surprisingly well! I was a little jealous of my dad eating wine guns but the hunger was definitely kept at bay, think due to the extra water I took today which isn't usual for me as I tend stay with the diet coke!

1 diet coke and for dinner it was steak and salad with vinegarette light dressing! Delish!!!

Total Cals today 756...85g of protein..?? Worried that wasn't enough Cals, but was satisfied??

Hope everyone's Monday goes well and hope rest week is as easy as today!!!

Xxx

wd hunni fantastic start :) your positive thinking will certainly help LOL at the wine gums bless him LOL bring on the pre op diet now hun and your on your way :) x x x

Last edited:
Thanks ladies!!

It's meant to be warm up here but still bit if rain!

I'm gonna call to check when the dietician appointment will be, got my pre op date for 11th but as a slow loser, want to get organised for the diet for pre op!

The last few diets been on I refused to weigh myself as thought it was demotivating if didn't lose, but think it's critical now, I have set of scales, but was wondering if easier just going to a Boots etc as they tend to be more accurate? X

Thanks ladies!! It's meant to be warm up here but still bit if rain! I'm gonna call to check when the dietician appointment will be, got my pre op date for 11th but as a slow loser, want to get organised for the diet for pre op! The last few diets been on I refused to weigh myself as thought it was demotivating if didn't lose, but think it's critical now, I have set of scales, but was wondering if easier just going to a Boots etc as they tend to be more accurate? X

Hi Hun I have scales at home and thought I shouldn't I use them daily but for better reading I use Boots scales once a week and wear same sort of clothing every time also put down my phone coz it's heavy lol but defo better peace of mind :)

Hi Hun I have scales at home and thought I shouldn't I use them daily but for better reading I use Boots scales once a week and wear same sort of clothing every time also put down my phone coz it's heavy lol but defo better peace of mind :)

Thanks!

I was thinking try do it same time each week!! :)

Day too...ok so far, shake for breakfast....better than yesterday's! And chicken salad for lunch! Lots water!!! Xx

Feeling good so far!! :) xx

Sounds like you got the hang of it Hun and those are the same steps I follow. Well done with today's choices :)

Thanks!

I finished on 783 Cals today with 111g of protein...according to MFP!

:) I am anxious to weigh myself but going to wait till Monday morning and hopefully see a lose! I am slow loser, so even if it's only 1-2lbs il be happy!! :)

How you getting on today?

Xx

Thanks! I finished on 783 Cals today with 111g of protein...according to MFP! :) I am anxious to weigh myself but going to wait till Monday morning and hopefully see a lose! I am slow loser, so even if it's only 1-2lbs il be happy!! :) How you getting on today? Xx

Was rathe surprised that I slid back into it after a few bad days but I hope this is going to keep going now and yep I know what you mean but yes a lb is a lb so better off :) xx

Hi everyone!

Today is day 3 for my diet, so far so good, I felt a little hungry midday...however my tummy wasn't growling...so I'm thinking it may been more habit than anything...had some more water and was fine!

Had some lovely chicken and peppers for lunch today and enjoyed it so much I could ate more..again I think habit and I resisted as felt satisfied!

I would say, maybe due to increases water and less carbs but I'm needing to wee all the time!!?

Hope everyone is half way though week happy it's nearing the weekend! Xx

I'm off till next Wednesday which is great but also worried as I'm prone to eat more as think about it, so need to keep busy to stay ontrack!!! Xxx

You are doing fantastic Hun....mindful and that's a big thing. Omg the dash for a wee thing makes me giggle and if I want to go out for the day it's hopeless so now I make a flipping map in my head as to where I want to go, where I need to, and how far the loos are lol!! Not to self do less shopping ;)

Lol I thought it was just me!!! :)

Less shopping wouldn't be as fun!!! Or you need to move to online shopping ;) xxx

I'm barred from buying any clothes until after my op, as I have YoYo with my weight I have clothes of varying sizes which should hopefully keep me going till Christmas!!! :)

Well I decided to torture myself and weigh myself early and I'm down to 286lbs! I know the majority of it will be water but it's nice to see the scales go the opposite direction!!! :) Making diet worth it...obviously when I told my dad he said, see you can do it yourself!? Ugh they don't understand lol!! Told him to be quiet and I need surgery for long term success!! Xx

They just don't quite understand do they....now the loss is a big thing so don't pull yourself down....water is good and the weight loss too, well done Hun :)

They just don't quite understand do they....now the loss is a big thing so don't pull yourself down....water is good and the weight loss too, well done Hun :)

Thanks Cupid! Yeah it's a great loss I just don't want to get too confident! I know it will drop and as long as it keeps going down il be happy!! :)

I was laughing at my dad as he has friend who was in at Nuffield getting an OP this week and I had to listen to a blow by blow account of this via my dad...so the trip advisor report for the hospital was a glowing one and I should be fine, I asked if he was gonna visit me and said what you barely be in there and put ur Pajamas on before your leaving! But I know he will be in and be on phone checking up as will my mum lol xx

wd on the loss hunni fab job :) Nobody unless been on the diet yo yo could possibly understand LOL now with the band, i find i cant give up now, which is just what most of us need to keep us going rather than deserting a few weeks in :)
I'm guessing you've got an overnight stay ........... i was in and out same day, so pj's came home unworn LOL
Sorry girls ........ i hate to be the bringer of bad news LOL the peeing gets worse LOL pre op diet is a nightmare !!! one day i think i logged 40 odd trips up the stairs :) x x x

Back