• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Weight loss Journey 2014 onwards

wd on the loss hunni fab job :) Nobody unless been on the diet yo yo could possibly understand LOL now with the band, i find i cant give up now, which is just what most of us need to keep us going rather than deserting a few weeks in :) I'm guessing you've got an overnight stay ........... i was in and out same day, so pj's came home unworn LOL Sorry girls ........ i hate to be the bringer of bad news LOL the peeing gets worse LOL pre op diet is a nightmare !!! one day i think i logged 40 odd trips up the stairs :) x x x

I totally agree with you, although not fitted I'm totally aware I still need to put in the hard work!

Yeah they said overnight, surgery is actually a Saturday morning!! And I'm just gonna bring in headphones etc but private room so gonna treat it as a wee night away with bonus of weight loss lol

40 trips omg! Although if helps with the weightloss then I'm happy to put up with it lol xx
Just bit awkward when I'm always running at work! Thankfully not too far from my desk xx

Hope your well crystal xx

Just wanted to pop by and wish you good luck, you have a very exciting time coming up very soon. My op was the best thing I've done. I lost quite a bit of weight before the surgery, but I've done that before an managed to put it on again, but I'm so determined now. I'm actually enjoying eating smaller portions, I'm savouring every mouthful. Its so worth it. xx

Just wanted to pop by and wish you good luck, you have a very exciting time coming up very soon. My op was the best thing I've done. I lost quite a bit of weight before the surgery, but I've done that before an managed to put it on again, but I'm so determined now. I'm actually enjoying eating smaller portions, I'm savouring every mouthful. Its so worth it. xx

Thank you Terrilou! I am so excited to get it done, I just feel finally in the right frame of mind...im hoping to lose 14lbs before surgery, but whatever I get off is a bonus! I think your right, makes you savour everthing as we think about it more than ever but for the right reasons! Congratulations on your weightloss as well!! xx

Thanks Sharon. Before the op I was wearing size 26 and I've just fired into my old size 20 swimming costume. My trousers in wearing to the pool are size 16/18, but they're meant to be pj's, so they're meant to be big. I'm wearing a size 24 top, but it is fat too big really. Hey, I'm only going to the swimming pool, not a night club. Lol! I actually feel really good in what I'm wearing and that's unheard of for me. You'll be there soon too. :)

Thanks Sharon. Before the op I was wearing size 26 and I've just fired into my old size 20 swimming costume. My trousers in wearing to the pool are size 16/18, but they're meant to be pj's, so they're meant to be big. I'm wearing a size 24 top, but it is fat too big really. Hey, I'm only going to the swimming pool, not a night club. Lol! I actually feel really good in what I'm wearing and that's unheard of for me. You'll be there soon too. :)

It's those little things that make a difference!! I think it definitely has an effect on your confidence!!

Keep going and il try and catch up soon!! ;) xx

Doing well hunni and terrilou (sorry not caught up lately) It certainly is fab to do the clothes shopping bit, don't get too tempted tho, i got some bits and i was out of them before i even wore them LOL the sales are fab, but again not going too mad as this time next year the wont fit.... but its fun all the same......... odd too picking up something thinking nah never will it fit and slipping it on easy is a novelty :)
wishing you a fab weekend x x x x

Doing well hunni and terrilou (sorry not caught up lately) It certainly is fab to do the clothes shopping bit, don't get too tempted tho, i got some bits and i was out of them before i even wore them LOL the sales are fab, but again not going too mad as this time next year the wont fit.... but its fun all the same......... odd too picking up something thinking nah never will it fit and slipping it on easy is a novelty :) wishing you a fab weekend x x x x

I'm gonna start to offload my stuff on eBay, sold few things that bought that still had tags on them..even if get few pound back then il be happy and will go towards my new wardrobe post op!! Xx

Hi everyone!

Happy Saturday! I only got caught in the rain twice! Typical lol!

Today is going good so far, switched to different protein shake which was alright but missing my raspberry! I think I may alternate each day!

I weighed myself and pointer was around 1/2lb down from last time but I haven't added it as so small, hopefully on Monday when my official 'weigh in day' is for week one I can say it's came down a little further!! :)

Diet coke is slowly becoming a memory and I'm hoping nxt week when what's left in my fridge is done that's me! Lol sound like an addict!!

I bought some peppermint tea for post op today and also some decaff tea, I'm not a coffee drinker so I'm hoping decaff tea is ok post op?! I haven't read anything to say otherwise!

Went got the pup groomed, looked gorgeous and visited my mum in hospital, who has her own room (lucky lady) Think nurses felt sorry for her as she got a chest infection after her OP, but they are hoping to discharge on Tuesday! :)

Anyways, hope everyone has good night whatever they are up to!! Xx

I drink decaff tea and coffee, then I always have done. :)

Hi everyone!

Today was a long day! I thought about food a lot! I still managed to keep under 950cals although been averaging around 800cals so felt a little guilty.

I had salmon today and think that's why my Cals were up as it had 2 small pieces with half packet of wholegrain rice And some salad...I always thought salmon was low fat but it was showing 215cals per piece...but did enjoy it!

I still had my old head on and made far too much, so it's in a box to be used for lunch and dinner tomorrow!

Tomorrow big weigh day! Fingers crossed my week overall will come up a little (and not down hopefully)

I am using an manual set which I know aren't the most accurate so I have ordered a digital set which will be with me by Tuesday, so may weigh myself again, same as above hoping the weight is steady and similar!

Kept my water intake up today, and it felt sticky hot, think that's why I was a little irritable..and possibly lack of caffeine, but overall only a couple headaches over the week so touchwood it's going OK!

I'm taking the diet week by week until the OP!

Hope everyone else has had a good week with losses of lbs!? I love reading about everyone's achievements, it's so motivating !! :)

Xx

I love reading your posts Sooooo upbeat and determined ;) sounds like all's going well. The digital scales will be much better, yes deffo weigh when they arrive :) i use my wii fit board to weigh weekly.......... and touch wood i've been on a downward trend every week apart from 2 stall weeks.....although not holding out much hope this week LOL
the diet coke will disappear hun ..... i certainly don't miss it , in fact i miss nothing fizzy............. squash and hot squash are my staples. I got mint tea on recommendation for post op, but my team advised it may not help........... nurse said that the tea would disperse the wind but because tummy restricted it would have no where to go !!! windeze were my best friend ............... and a hot water bottle :)

Happy sunday evening sweets x xx xx

I love reading your posts Sooooo upbeat and determined ;) sounds like all's going well. The digital scales will be much better, yes deffo weigh when they arrive :) i use my wii fit board to weigh weekly.......... and touch wood i've been on a downward trend every week apart from 2 stall weeks.....although not holding out much hope this week LOL
the diet coke will disappear hun ..... i certainly don't miss it , in fact i miss nothing fizzy............. squash and hot squash are my staples. I got mint tea on recommendation for post op, but my team advised it may not help........... nurse said that the tea would disperse the wind but because tummy restricted it would have no where to go !!! windeze were my best friend ............... and a hot water bottle :)

Happy sunday evening sweets x xx xx

Hey Crystal Thanks!! :) xx

I will look out the hot water bottle and stock up on windeze!

I had never given a thought to hot squash, need to try that!

i may also freeze some icecubes with squash.

Im excited for my digital scales now!! I never had a Wii fit, may look into one second hand! xx i found a really good zumba instructor on youtube that im gonna do in the house even for 15mins a day to start!!

have a good evening love xx

Hot vimto is lush :) i don't drink tea or coffee so its my only drink really ohhh and hot chocs :)
Zumba sound like fun, it was our local festival yesterday, including street parades, the zumba girls did fantastic, just not sure i'm brave enough just yet lol i have seen walking dvd's .............. cupid uses them i believe, so quite fancy that ................... spose i could do zumba from a dvd ...... hmmmm sounds like a plan lol

Hot vimto is lush :) i don't drink tea or coffee so its my only drink really ohhh and hot chocs :)
Zumba sound like fun, it was our local festival yesterday, including street parades, the zumba girls did fantastic, just not sure i'm brave enough just yet lol i have seen walking dvd's .............. cupid uses them i believe, so quite fancy that ................... spose i could do zumba from a dvd ...... hmmmm sounds like a plan lol

Oh im off shopping tomorrow, so im defo picking up the vimto NAS!

I have no rhythm lol so i figure il dance around in my room while noone around!! It seems to be workable with all music types so suitable for all, and various fitness levels x I will up my walking as well!! xx

Hey Hun

You are doing fab and not long to go now at all. Go easy on the hospital bag, when everyone says they over packed you really do and I was conscious not to lol. X

Hey Hun You are doing fab and not long to go now at all. Go easy on the hospital bag, when everyone says they over packed you really do and I was conscious not to lol. X

Thanks Sophia!

I will try too!

I'm thinking:

Change of clothes - yoga pants, loose T etc
3 pairs of underwear
PJs
Slippers
Toiletries -
Phone
Charger

Basics then have a look on the thread for hospital to see what else..

I definetly don't want to take too much as I'm sure won't be bothered about packing the next day!! Xxx

Your doing fab as well i see!! Xxx

Well the weigh in on the manual scales sees me at 284lbs so delighted is an understatement! :)

I'm hoping the new scales show this or less! :)

Off out shopping, back to making my own protein shakes as thought flavour was better and seemed to lose lot more at start of week, il use sculptress maybe 1/2 per week!

Got my diet sheet from Nuffield today...didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know thanks to this site!! :)

It mentions small jacket potatoes but I'm trying to keep away from all starchy carb foods, have been using semi skimmed but know skimmed is less and will switch to that, was using other as that was in fridge at the time!!

Happy Monday everyone xxx

Back