• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need a helping hand from canada

Littlebritain

Hi
I've really been incredibly ignorant since have my band fitted a year ago in Toronto . I didn't get the one on one support that I needed and have been stumbling around not really knowing how to do this.
I assumed the weight would drop off but of course that depends on what you eat. I haven't changed my habits as I don't know what to eat. I am a novice in the kitchen - *well of course I am I've spent twenty years living on take out.
If someone could give me some indication on how your meant to feel when you've eaten - also ideas of easy meal plans.
I hadnt been back to the uk for five years as I was so ashamed of my ever increasing weight gain - *this year I went back and all my fears of being sneered out were gone. My mum nearly passed out as it was a surprise visit and she had never seen my toddler lots of hugs and tears.
Please help me get started - *what is the milk diet? I have 8cc in 14cc band. Maybe I need to do the milk diet for a few days to test my band? Thank you
--------------------------------

Hi there,did you not get any info from your doctors/surgeons.No dietician appointment?I am waiting for a bypass,Im sure someone will be along in the morning to help,its 2.30 am here so I may be the only one still awake!Best of luck and welcome.Maz x

Hi Maz
I'm a 5 hr flight from the clinic and not once have I ad a phone call asking how I am doing. Out of sight out of mind seems apt - when I phoned they ever asked how myweightloss was going.
When I see how well Fern Britten has done and how this forum seems to care makes me miss uk even more sniff sniff.
Good luck with yr bypass - look forward to reading about yr success
X

Hello and welcome to the forum... very pleased to see you posting here from Canada...

I'm not a bander and pending a bypass, but there are some very experienced banders on here and there are many informative posts to read through which may also help you.

Sorry to hear about your experience in terms of lack of information, we are similiar over here and tend to have to ask and ask and then turn to each other for bariatric support post surgery... although we are given information pre surgery... it's hard to work through the issues alone, so please lean on us if we are able to help in any way.

It would be really helpful if you could fill in your information in terms of weight and the date of your operation so that fellow banders can get a bigger picture of your situation.

Sending a huge hug and loads of love and hope we'll keep in touch... always here... Bev xxx

Hiya, i'm a bypasser too, Someone will be along to help soon i'm sure. But wanted to say welcome xxx

:welcome: to the forum! I'm a bypasser too but someone will be around soon no doubt and provide advice.
This forum has a wealth of information for all bariatric surgeries!

HI, Im a bypasser too but there are many succesful banders her who will help you as much as they can :D The milk diet isnt the way to go. Its what people do for a few weeks before surgery to shrink their liver so its not suitable for after surgery. Good Luck with your journey :D XX

Back