• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step - Sunderland

Jacwat

Hi Everyone
Had my appt today with the Bariatric nurse and dietician today. Asked lots of questions and then told that everything was fine for surgery. I have already lost more than the weight loss target of 5kgs so now just to lose more or at least maintain until my next appt in 12 weeks time. After that hopefully endoscopy and then listed for surgery. Estimated about February / March. Seems a long time but hopefully it will fly over. They have recommended the gastric sleeve due to my eating habits but at the end of the day it will be the Consultants final choice. I am not sure how I feel about the Sleeve had just thought about the bypass to be honest. Anyway here is hoping the next 12 weeks go quickly!:wave_cry:

Hi Everyone
Had my appt today with the Bariatric nurse and dietician today. Asked lots of questions and then told that everything was fine for surgery. I have already lost more than the weight loss target of 5kgs so now just to lose more or at least maintain until my next appt in 12 weeks time. After that hopefully endoscopy and then listed for surgery. Estimated about February / March. Seems a long time but hopefully it will fly over. They have recommended the gastric sleeve due to my eating habits but at the end of the day it will be the Consultants final choice. I am not sure how I feel about the Sleeve had just thought about the bypass to be honest. Anyway here is hoping the next 12 weeks go quickly!:wave_cry:

Hey Jacwat

It will fly by trust me im in panic mode right now lol if you ring and say you are willing to accept cancellations that might help, i was there seeing consultant 13th october and rang i think just over a week ago and said any cancellations i'll take and last night just after 6pm they rang offering me endoscopy for next wed instead of 5th dec, so its worth a try. Mr small said its 4 weeks after endoscopy for op so im hoping it'll be next month now x

Hey Jacwat

It will fly by trust me im in panic mode right now lol if you ring and say you are willing to accept cancellations that might help, i was there seeing consultant 13th october and rang i think just over a week ago and said any cancellations i'll take and last night just after 6pm they rang offering me endoscopy for next wed instead of 5th dec, so its worth a try. Mr small said its 4 weeks after endoscopy for op so im hoping it'll be next month now x

Thanks Jo

I cannot think of anything else at the moment! I really need to refocus on other things. Fantastic news for you! You will be post op in no time! What procedure are you having? Good luck for next week! x

Thanks Jo

I cannot think of anything else at the moment! I really need to refocus on other things. Fantastic news for you! You will be post op in no time! What procedure are you having? Good luck for next week! x

I'm having a bypass, originally was balloon to shift some weight then bypass so things can always change when your seeing consultant, he asked me what did i think so its nice he took what i thought into consideration lol

I'm having a bypass, originally was balloon to shift some weight then bypass so things can always change when your seeing consultant, he asked me what did i think so its nice he took what i thought into consideration lol

Aw thats brilliant! I bet you cant wait! New Year, New You! Best of luck xx

It sounds like your appointment went well Jac. 2 weeks till mine dunno what I am gonna say to them lol

It sounds like your appointment went well Jac. 2 weeks till mine dunno what I am gonna say to them lol

Hi Carol
I hope your well.
It was fine, nothing to worry about. I got myself so worked up about what they were going to ask but all they wanted to know were the diets I had tried and what a typical days eating was. I was there for about an hour and a half. Dont worry as I say, it was nothing. Its going to be getting through the next 3 months that will be hard! x

Hi Jac
yes I am fine thanks.

three months and them naughty words lose and maintain lol.
what made them recommend a sleeve? I know they said cos of your eating habits but what about them? I don't mean to be nosy x

Hi Everyone Had my appt today with the Bariatric nurse and dietician today. Asked lots of questions and then told that everything was fine for surgery. I have already lost more than the weight loss target of 5kgs so now just to lose more or at least maintain until my next appt in 12 weeks time. After that hopefully endoscopy and then listed for surgery. Estimated about February / March. Seems a long time but hopefully it will fly over. They have recommended the gastric sleeve due to my eating habits but at the end of the day it will be the Consultants final choice. I am not sure how I feel about the Sleeve had just thought about the bypass to be honest. Anyway here is hoping the next 12 weeks go quickly!:wave_cry:

So glad it went well, you're now one step closer!! Yay!
Don't worry the next 12 weeks will fly by, it sounds like ages but you've got the small matter if Xmas in the middle to keep you occupied. I always found the hardest but the first few weeks after an appointment as it was all I could think about but knew the wait would feel like forever! I actually waited almost 8 months between my dietician appointment and seeing the surgeon!! Looking back now though it feels like it went really quickly - bizarre really :)

As for the sleeve as opposed to the bypass, I can't really comment as sleeve was never an option for me. There are loads of people on here who've had it though and will be able to tell you what it's like. Do some research and discuss it with the surgeon when you see him.

Well done on making your weight loss target, keep up the good work and I'll keep fingers crossed the time will pass quickly for you x

Hi Jac
yes I am fine thanks.

three months and them naughty words lose and maintain lol.
what made them recommend a sleeve? I know they said cos of your eating habits but what about them? I don't mean to be nosy x

Hiya
No worries, it is because I am not a 'grazer' as in I don't eat all day or pick really as if you are then the bypass is more suitable. It is my portion sizes (as well as the wrong foods!) that is my main problem so therefore they said the sleeve might be better due to the reduced capacity! I am just a bit concerned that the weight loss could be potentially less although there are some amazing success stories on here. I really just wish it was over now though, I can't seem to think of anything else! X

So glad it went well, you're now one step closer!! Yay!
Don't worry the next 12 weeks will fly by, it sounds like ages but you've got the small matter if Xmas in the middle to keep you occupied. I always found the hardest but the first few weeks after an appointment as it was all I could think about but knew the wait would feel like forever! I actually waited almost 8 months between my dietician appointment and seeing the surgeon!! Looking back now though it feels like it went really quickly - bizarre really :)

As for the sleeve as opposed to the bypass, I can't really comment as sleeve was never an option for me. There are loads of people on here who've had it though and will be able to tell you what it's like. Do some research and discuss it with the surgeon when you see him.

Well done on making your weight loss target, keep up the good work and I'll keep fingers crossed the time will pass quickly for you x

Hi Suzie

How you feeling today? I am going to put my faith in the Consultant when I see him on sleeve or bypass? I feel there are advantages and disadvantages of both so not sure.
Have a lovely weekend and hope you can get out and about and enjoy it a bit!

Take care
Jackie

Hiya
No worries, it is because I am not a 'grazer' as in I don't eat all day or pick really as if you are then the bypass is more suitable. It is my portion sizes (as well as the wrong foods!) that is my main problem so therefore they said the sleeve might be better due to the reduced capacity! I am just a bit concerned that the weight loss could be potentially less although there are some amazing success stories on here. I really just wish it was over now though, I can't seem to think of anything else! X

See i was originally hoping for a sleeve but was told bypass due to my eating habits. But really the little pouch they leave you with just scared me and i dont need or want to be stick thin which i thought i would be with a bypass, i just want to be more healthy. But mr small reckons i'll get down to bmi 30 which my height is aprox 13 stone. That sounds good :)

I suppose we just have to trust they know whats best it'll soon come your time and in mean time just use the wait to wean yourself off certain things now like with me i love diet pepsi oh and vodka (not always together lol) ;) im having my last girls night tomorrow then thats it for me x

Last edited:
oh diet pepsi lovely. with me it would be drinking with meals. I cant eat without a drink. I am hoping I am suitable for a bypass as its supposed to be the best for diabetics which I am. my problem large portions at least at one meal a day possible 2. if the second meal doesn't happen. I graze. fat and sugar intake I usually try to control mainly cos of the diabetes. But on huge amounts of insulin which is not good when trying to loose weight or even control your weight.

Hi Suzie How you feeling today? I am going to put my faith in the Consultant when I see him on sleeve or bypass? I feel there are advantages and disadvantages of both so not sure. Have a lovely weekend and hope you can get out and about and enjoy it a bit! Take care Jackie

They know what they're doing. Do some research and discuss it with the surgeon, I'm sure between you you'll make the right decision for you.

I'm feeling much better today thanks, the pain feels a lot more manageable and the chest pain has stopped thank god! Managed to get out this afternoon to have a wander round the new home bargains but feel like I've over done it a bit now. can't believe how much it's taken it out of me I'm so used to being resilient and being able to push through anything, finding it a bit frustrating. Never mind, I'll get there in the end :)

Back