• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

Hello emmalouise have you been checked for heliobacter pylori its a bacterial stomach ulcer I've had it and the symtoms you have are what I had, they test by blood test x

Hi no I haven't..when I had the camera down my throat they told me any ulcers would be picked up?
What was your symtoms if you don't mind me asking?

One thing I've been wondering hon, have you tried looking at FODMAPS? The bloating etc you describe sounds a lot like intolerances - maybe its not a mechanical issue? It may be that you're now intolerant to something like gluten or dairy.

I totally understand the fed up ness- but in some ways I don't think its lack of interest, rather helplessness. Not just from newbies, but from people further out too - they just can't help us because they don't know. And in all fairness, long termers are to blame for that too, as they choose to walk away, for whatever reasons.

One thing I've been wondering hon, have you tried looking at FODMAPS? The bloating etc you describe sounds a lot like intolerances - maybe its not a mechanical issue? It may be that you're now intolerant to something like gluten or dairy. I totally understand the fed up ness- but in some ways I don't think its lack of interest, rather helplessness. Not just from newbies, but from people further out too - they just can't help us because they don't know. And in all fairness, long termers are to blame for that too, as they choose to walk away, for whatever reasons.

Yvessa what's FODMAPS ?
I don't think it's an intolerance as the pain can come on when I haven't eaten..example..whilst gardening,I'm too busy to eat and it can start.
I understand totally what your saying yvessa,...but I do feel this site has become very clicky.

I second that last statement, four years etc is a long time to be still on here but thank god you long timers are because you have the knowledge and the know how that you kindly share. The least we can do in return is listen to you and try to help you even if it is only by listening or saying hi keep your chin up. A newbie may have read something that would be useful so don't give up hope we're in it together :)

Yvessa what's FODMAPS ? I don't think it's an intolerance as the pain can come on when I haven't eaten..example..whilst gardening,I'm too busy to eat and it can start. I understand totally what your saying yvessa,...but I do feel this site has become very clicky.
fodmaps is all to do with common intolerances and what to avoid. Sometimes reactions can happen hours later as things are digested. Worth a go, especially if buscopan helps the pain. I do get bloated and cramps of i eat lactose for example but the cramps can come on two days later.

Thanks everyone for your replies..I'm feeling a bit better today actually.
Any contributions to people's post are valuable..
Yvessa don't mean to sound stupid but is it a site called FODMAPS or I just google it?

Hi no I haven't..when I had the camera down my throat they told me any ulcers would be picked up? What was your symtoms if you don't mind me asking?
Hi emmalouise I ised to have a lot of wind and acid and really bad pains in my top part of stomach and back it used to feel like my stomach was being crushed together with my back and used to take my breath away it was awful x

Hi emmalouise I ised to have a lot of wind and acid and really bad pains in my top part of stomach and back it used to feel like my stomach was being crushed together with my back and used to take my breath away it was awful x

Yes...that's how I feel!...it's like something kinking and I can't even breathe and pain/burning at the top with back ache.
My tummy bloats right up and of course wind has to be passed to ease it.
I'm currently taking 2 acid meds,they don't always work..Along with buscopan and gavison.
And all my other meds..can you tell me anymore of what happened to you?

Yes...that's how I feel!...it's like something kinking and I can't even breathe and pain/burning at the top with back ache. My tummy bloats right up and of course wind has to be passed to ease it. I'm currently taking 2 acid meds,they don't always work..Along with buscopan and gavison. And all my other meds..can you tell me anymore of what happened to you?
Hi it got just worse and worse the doctor first of all said it was acid reflux and gave me medication for it that didn't do anything then I ended up in A&E one day as pain was so bad and got a lecture about being fat and that I've probably got gallstones and then eventually I see a different doctor at my surgery and she did blood tests and it come back that I had heliobacter pylori which they gave me strong antibiotics for

Hi it got just worse and worse the doctor first of all said it was acid reflux and gave me medication for it that didn't do anything then I ended up in A&E one day as pain was so bad and got a lecture about being fat and that I've probably got gallstones and then eventually I see a different doctor at my surgery and she did blood tests and it come back that I had heliobacter pylori which they gave me strong antibiotics for

I'm at my appointment mid February so I'm going to ask about this being a possibility
Thank you

So sorry to hear of your woes and hope that you will eventually get some answers.

I am fairly new, still waiting for a bypass, hopefully not too far off now.

I must say that when I joined the forum and read some of the posts, I was a bit apprehensive about going ahead with the surgery. The reason being, as has been mentioned, a lot of the long termers do not visit and say how well they are doing and it was the best thing they ever did. It seemed to me that a lot of the long termers posting were asking for help, as you have, as they were having problems, this made me think, what the hell am I doing! But then I began to think that this is the place to come and ask for help and not everyone would be in need of it, many more would have been successfull and would be getting on with their lives.

So from my point of view it would be nice to hear from long termers not posting here, how they are doing, it would perhaps give me more confidence.

I really feel for you and truly hope that something gets sorted sooner rather than later.

So sorry to hear of your woes and hope that you will eventually get some answers. I am fairly new, still waiting for a bypass, hopefully not too far off now. I must say that when I joined the forum and read some of the posts, I was a bit apprehensive about going ahead with the surgery. The reason being, as has been mentioned, a lot of the long termers do not visit and say how well they are doing and it was the best thing they ever did. It seemed to me that a lot of the long termers posting were asking for help, as you have, as they were having problems, this made me think, what the hell am I doing! But then I began to think that this is the place to come and ask for help and not everyone would be in need of it, many more would have been successfull and would be getting on with their lives. So from my point of view it would be nice to hear from long termers not posting here, how they are doing, it would perhaps give me more confidence. I really feel for you and truly hope that something gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Good point..I do wonder is it perhaps some long termers have gained weight back,and feel feel embarrassed to come back?
I feel being on here as helped me in many ways and has also kept me on the straight and narrow.

Hi Emma-louise

I don't come back often now for many of the reasons you mention and last time i did when I had major problems I got shot down and felt really awkward so just come in for a small read now and again.

I'm sorry to hear you have problems and don't have much to offer. Hernias are relatively common problems with bypasses but Petersens hernias are the major ones to watch.

I do hope that you get some answers and get towards a solution soon. If you want to chat them PM me and I will always reply and support where I can. I no longer use any forums as there are just so few long term folks there. I find it harder with every year (almost 6 for me) I'm still at target a size 12 but really many days I have some concern or problem to deal with. It isn't an easy pathway thats for sure.

Take care

Hi Emma-louise I don't come back often now for many of the reasons you mention and last time i did when I had major problems I got shot down and felt really awkward so just come in for a small read now and again. I'm sorry to hear you have problems and don't have much to offer. Hernias are relatively common problems with bypasses but Petersens hernias are the major ones to watch. I do hope that you get some answers and get towards a solution soon. If you want to chat them PM me and I will always reply and support where I can. I no longer use any forums as there are just so few long term folks there. I find it harder with every year (almost 6 for me) I'm still at target a size 12 but really many days I have some concern or problem to deal with. It isn't an easy pathway thats for sure. Take care

It's so good to hear from you!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed long termers not "fitting in" as such.
Anyway I had researched on the petersons hernia..that's quite scary.
You so right every year there's concerns etc...
I will take you up on the offer of messaging you if you don't mind in the future.

One of the things I am finding I guess is that our issues aren't easily resolved. Even the dieticians and bariatric teams don't have the answers. Newbie problems on the other hand are. Regain is a definite danger - so many people I know have. I wish people wouldn't be embarrassed though as with support regain can and is often lost. But is so easy to lose touch when you're in that dark place. I don't like being negative either and its hard because you almost get the message to keep your chin up and get on with it. I know that's never the way its meant but sometimes how it comes across.

I had the h-pylori as well. It was found on andoscopy just after my bypass when I was readmitted throwing up blood. They took a sample from my stomach.

I'm often in a dark place with my stomach issues that no-one else can understand.

I started fainting again tonight as I've not been feeding for 8 days as were in the USA and I'm saving my feed for the cruise, I also have an infection at my tube site, agonising shoulder pain. Having been horribly bunged up I put a magic solution in my tube yesterday that turned out to be the equivalent of weapons grade plutonium. My husband had to hold me onto the loo to stop me sliding off and fainting. No one gets this!

I just cant stop saying recently, when did this become normal???

Back