• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

My pain when its really bad feels like something is stuck and I can feel it building up and building up as if its pushing trying to get through, I was discussing this with my hubby and I know with taking the adcal its calcium that the stones are made out of either gallstones or kidney stones I think?? I wondered if that what it is when I am bad. Like you say Emma the pain gets really bad then all of a sudden its gone but it leaves me feeling battered and bruised inside for a week after it. I usually have a week with out carbs mainly no bready products tend to stick to dry crackers and sloppy food. xx

Emma-louise I hope all went well. I am taking lessons from your post myself. I got dispirited and eventually left, I should have stayed around, done what I advocated. At present just taken up with a small issue but will be reading and soon posting again Take care and PM if you can/need to M

If the iron transfusion you mean that's weds CCPM...ain't looking forward to that,but I'm sure it will be fine.
If I can do a camera into the throat without sedation I'm sure I can do this.
Oh I'm so glad your going to be posting again :)

My pain when its really bad feels like something is stuck and I can feel it building up and building up as if its pushing trying to get through, I was discussing this with my hubby and I know with taking the adcal its calcium that the stones are made out of either gallstones or kidney stones I think?? I wondered if that what it is when I am bad. Like you say Emma the pain gets really bad then all of a sudden its gone but it leaves me feeling battered and bruised inside for a week after it. I usually have a week with out carbs mainly no bready products tend to stick to dry crackers and sloppy food. xx

It's really strange inside Chrisa...the pain can be so bad it's worse than labour!
It takes my breathe away...I've been checked for gallstones,it's not that.
I'm still thinking something along the lines of this...something gets kinked/trapped and lots of wind builds up causing the bloating.
The pains eases once the wind gets released and then it settles down...but also daily I have a burning/nagging discomfort not pain which is more noticeable on an empty stomach.
God I sound like a demic!...does any of this make sense to you Chrisa?

Please, please, please hang around. The people who have been through this and are out of the 'honeymoon period' offer such important insight. I can only speak for myself but it is important to me as a pre op that I go into this with my eyes open and make an informed choice. I really hope that you all get through this but having surgery is such a big thing and listening to your experiences make it so real. It is easy to not contribute to the forum so you don't appear negative but we all need to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. From a very appreciative Jackie x

I will still be here jackie...
I'm sorry again times I must sound like a right old negative trout...
I just felt out of place on this forum and very much like unless you was posing pictures or talking dresses...nobody wanted to know...I'm just glad some good has come out of this post and it's brought some long termers back! :)
I felt at times my mate Chrisa only had these "Charlie horsey pains"..lol

I will still be here jackie...
I'm sorry again times I must sound like a right old negative trout...
I just felt out of place on this forum and very much like unless you was posing pictures or talking dresses...nobody wanted to know...I'm just glad some good has come out of this post and it's brought some long termers back! :)
I felt at times my mate Chrisa only had these "Charlie horsey pains"..lol

Please don't apologise, at the end of the day if people don't want to hear the bad bits then they don't have to read the thread! I do hope you now feel like you have a voice and people are listening to you. I wish I could help you, but to be honest I feel useless! But please be reassured that your truth has helped me a lot. keep me posted and take care xx

I DO UNDERSTNAD AND YES THATS WHAT HAPPENS when pain subsides it goes after passing wind. My doctor suggested rubbing my tummy like a baby being winded rubbed in a round movement and work down towards the pubic bone she said that would encourage the wind and blockage or whatever delightful thing it is causing the pain moves and releases its self. But I do feel that awful dull achy sensation but I think of it like feeling bruised inside that's why I was advised to take the buscopan for upto 5 days at a time. It settles it down till the next little flare up and so the circle continues. I fortunately don't suffer it as frequently as you but I certainly do understand. x

Hi..see I can't feel anything lumpy ,but like I mentioned on several occasions whatever is causing this pain feels " trapped "
And then the pain builds and builds till it hurts to breathe...and then it can just disappear on its own even without help of any pain relief.
Its really strange..

When something happens that doesn't follow the symptom rule book it can take a lot longer to get a diagnosis.

Hi emma Louise. I'm a newly banded so not much use. However do they recon ur symptoms r due to ur bipass? I only ask as they sound very similar to my hubbies (he's not had any wls). He has exactly the same burning tummy etc (had it for like 17 years). Do u vomit blood or have problems with ur bowels? Have the checked u for ceiliacs disease? He has also had countless procedures with no clear answers. I know how frustrating it can be. I hope u get some answers soon x

Hi I'm a newbie bypass 14 months ago , but at 10 months I had appendicitis but I didn't have typical symptoms . The surgeon and myself I a nurse didn't think it was , I had no guarding, pain on the left not right side . No hard distended tummy but I was in pain and I thought it was ibs .i only went back to the GP because I ran out of pain medication , she insisted I see a surgeon . They Only found out because of a ct scan . when they operated and found it was bad abscess with small bowel adhesions . I do wonder because our anatomy been rearranged that we don't fit the normal pattern of pain . So keep going may be they need to go in and have a look inside ?

Hi emma Louise. I'm a newly banded so not much use. However do they recon ur symptoms r due to ur bipass? I only ask as they sound very similar to my hubbies (he's not had any wls). He has exactly the same burning tummy etc (had it for like 17 years). Do u vomit blood or have problems with ur bowels? Have the checked u for ceiliacs disease? He has also had countless procedures with no clear answers. I know how frustrating it can be. I hope u get some answers soon x

No I don't vomit blood...my bowels are ok..apart from being more urgent when I need to go toilet.
It is frustrating but I'll have to plod on..

Hi I'm a newbie bypass 14 months ago , but at 10 months I had appendicitis but I didn't have typical symptoms . The surgeon and myself I a nurse didn't think it was , I had no guarding, pain on the left not right side . No hard distended tummy but I was in pain and I thought it was ibs .i only went back to the GP because I ran out of pain medication , she insisted I see a surgeon . They Only found out because of a ct scan . when they operated and found it was bad abscess with small bowel adhesions . I do wonder because our anatomy been rearranged that we don't fit the normal pattern of pain . So keep going may be they need to go in and have a look inside ?

I think that's what the next step is...it's more annoying as they just look puzzled when I try to describe my symptoms.

Perhaps you could try a gluten free diet for a few days and see if it helps.

That's the first step to managing Coeliac disease and would help with the diagnosis.

Well that one avenue you can persue if you avnt been down that road yet the gluten free road. I have just been having a read about it on google. I knew a little about it but not a greta lot xxx

Hi hun

I completely understand how you feel BUT unfortunately we can't seem to retain long termers.

I have had some support on my diary thread from some lovely peeps and I really appreciate that but I also feel alone.

Let's try and change that?

Another couple of long termers are back - and I mean a couple but if you ever feel like you need some support and don't get it - please contact me, always here to listen and help as much as I can xx

It does seem to be an on going thing, doesnt it, no long-termers staying around. Im only 2 years out, so dont consider myself a long termer really.

I do so hope you get to the bottom of this, emma-louise, and are able to have some pain free time.

EMMA was your appointment today? its Wednesday but unsure which Wednesday you referred to for your appointment. So hoping you have some news or a measure you can take to help with the problem.

Let us know I have absolutely everything crossed for some information for you

Hi i want to say thanks. As a newbie who is still pre op. It was refreshing and informative to read the comments on this thread. Emma Louise and everyone facing a new hurdle. i hope you find the problem and answer soon.

It does seem to be an on going thing, doesnt it, no long-termers staying around. Im only 2 years out, so dont consider myself a long termer really. I do so hope you get to the bottom of this, emma-louise, and are able to have some pain free time.

It's a shame really no long termers are still about,as we could learn a lot from each other..I'd love to know how people maintain 5 yrs later etc..I'm over 4 years and still learning,and thanks I hope to get to the bottom of my issues too :)

EMMA was your appointment today? its Wednesday but unsure which Wednesday you referred to for your appointment. So hoping you have some news or a measure you can take to help with the problem. Let us know I have absolutely everything crossed for some information for you

Hi there :)
Yes just got home from the iron transfusion..was up early at 6.00am dropped my youngest off at school and made the journey to hospital,didn't get the on the iron till 12.00 I had a 1500mg bag drip by drip...finally finished just after 5.30pm.
My temperature went up a but whilst they was doing my observations.
And they noted my blood pressure is quite low..I'm not familiar with that,not sure what that means.
So I've been told to expect it to be 4 weeks till I notice any improvement...darn! I thought it would only be about a few days.
Next is my febuary appointment to see a consultant to try and see what's they suggest for the abdomen problems.

Back