• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

Yep much better now, still saw but the pain on day 2 and 3 were horrendous! My surgeon told me to not bother with the vitamins for first couple of weeks ( cause they can make you nauseous) just to try and concentrate on keeping hydrated, he phoned me this morning to see how I was getting on! And suggested warm water would slip down easier and not to drink anything too cold as it could send pouch into spasm, funny how they gave me iced water in hospital lol could have something to do with my pain! I'm loving the cafe latte slim fast the others are a bit sweet (never thought idd say that lol) x

Yep much better now, still saw but the pain on day 2 and 3 were horrendous! My surgeon told me to not bother with the vitamins for first couple of weeks ( cause they can make you nauseous) just to try and concentrate on keeping hydrated, he phoned me this morning to see how I was getting on! And suggested warm water would slip down easier and not to drink anything too cold as it could send pouch into spasm, funny how they gave me iced water in hospital lol could have something to do with my pain! I'm loving the cafe latte slim fast the others are a bit sweet (never thought idd say that lol) x

ooo café latte slim fast sounds lovely... I only ever saw the vanilla and raspberry flavours.

Good that your surgeon called you.. I'm gonna take his advise and leave my vitamins for a couple of weeks. Cafe latte slim fast sound yum, I'm going to give them a try :)

Thanks for your reassurance xx

chin up cat after my op i put on 7lbs then 1 week post op had lost the 7lbs of swelling/wind/water and 7 more lbs! It will go as your body heals x x x

Even 12 weeks out i find that i cant drink anything thats too cold.. feels like brain freeze in the stomach.
Just be aware of the sugar levels in slimfast ;). My provider doesn't agree with them at all because of this but some others are okay with them.

I had a chocolate slim fast and it didn't agree with me, today have had strawberry complan and that's made me feel groggy too..

Complan is approx 50% sugar. I know some dieticians have it on the list of fluids for the first couple of weeks post op ... But that is really very high for us bypassers who should be aiming for under 7% to best avoid feeling like we're gonna die. xx

Morning guys, well I'm day 6 post op and have got horrendous pains on my left side, had to take tramadol twice during the night :( this is the first time I've asked myself why did you do this :(

Hi Cat,
Completely normal.

Things will get better I promise you x

Oh no cat! Where did that come from? Hope you are feeling better this morning? I hope it doesn't happen to me tomorrow I haven't got anything stronger than paracetamol and I'm struggling to take that as it makes me sick. Have you managed to have your bowels open yet? Sending hugs your way, xx

Morning guys, well I'm day 6 post op and have got horrendous pains on my left side, had to take tramadol twice during the night :( this is the first time I've asked myself why did you do this :(

you poor thing... I am sure it will get better soon. Please don't doubt your decision.. all the reasons you decided to go ahead with the surgery are still there.. just being masked by the pain.

:wave_cry::wave_cry:

Thanks guys, have had the pain in my left side all the time it's just getting worse.. I can't take paracetamol as they make me sick. I think I'm constipated too as only managed to pass rock hard rabbit droppings (tmi sorry) am walking as much as I can still..

Thanks guys, have had the pain in my left side all the time it's just getting worse.. I can't take paracetamol as they make me sick. I think I'm constipated too as only managed to pass rock hard rabbit droppings (tmi sorry) am walking as much as I can still..

Hi cat 1972 I was the same during the first week. I then crushed a few Senacot tablets in some yoghurt for two days and I have had no problems since. Hope things ease for you I know how painful it can be.

i used benefibre in week 1 its in powder form and is tasteless you can add it to anything. You might find once your able to go your pain will ease somewhat x

Hi all hope u don't mind me joining this thread? I was bypassed on 31st Oct at Derby too. So cat who knows I may of passed u on the ward lol! I'm not in so much pain now it's more my back that hurts due to lying on my back as I usually sleep on my tummy. I'm going to see gp tomorrow as I'm having a lot of palpitations has anyone else had this? I also struggled with the forceval it made me feel ill so I've got boots complete a-z. I just feel really tearful at the moment wondering if I had done the right thing even. It's such an emotional roller coaster x

Hi all hope u don't mind me joining this thread? I was bypassed on 31st Oct at Derby too. So cat who knows I may of passed u on the ward lol! I'm not in so much pain now it's more my back that hurts due to lying on my back as I usually sleep on my tummy. I'm going to see gp tomorrow as I'm having a lot of palpitations has anyone else had this? I also struggled with the forceval it made me feel ill so I've got boots complete a-z. I just feel really tearful at the moment wondering if I had done the right thing even. It's such an emotional roller coaster x

Hi Fee, we probably passed in the corridor, there was a lady in the bay opposite mine who was bypassed, maybe it was you? I too am going docs today as this pain in my left side is becoming unbearable now, taking Tramadol and have been up all night with it. I've not had any palpitations though.. Who did your op? I was surprised that I didn't have to have scan or XRay before being discharged.. Hope all goes well at GP's xx

Hi Fee, sorry to hear you are feeling so low, I'm sure it's only a temporary thing. The palpitations are probably anxiety. Being in pain will get you down and of course, your body is probably mourning it's 'go to' comfort, food! It will get better, you'll see. Chin up love. X

Few are you managing to drink enough? I still get palpitations if I don't drink at least a litre because my blood pressure drops low.

Back