• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

slimming world to reach goal?

pollybree

I am going to Slimming World for what seems to be the hundreth time, It does work for a short period, the most I manage is around 3 - 4 months then I give up! I am doing it to reach my goal weight loss of 5-10 kgs by 4th June. What did you guys do to get your initial weight loss? I dont really like the new Weight Watchers format so this is prob my best option but would love to hear any ideas you may have?

I didn't have to lose anything, I did my pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery and lost 16lbs.

I always found that Slimming World was great to lose weight - trouble was I always put it back on! If you are using it to get to your goal loss then I can see no reason why not.

I had to lose 3 1/2 stones before they would operate and it was hard, but as I already had the funding in place I knew it was my last ever diet on my own.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do to get to your goal weight loss

I think its a good idea if it will help you to focus and achieve your loss :)

Hi I have to lose 4st I'm 2 1/2 stone down I'm doing weight watchers but 2weeks before my appt I'm doing the ore op diet to lose the last bit as my appt is 18april so hopefully that will bring me close enough to get the go ahead! Fingers crossed. I had 4month target. X

Hi I have to lose 4st I'm 2 1/2 stone down I'm doing weight watchers but 2weeks before my appt I'm doing the ore op diet to lose the last bit as my appt is 18april so hopefully that will bring me close enough to get the go ahead! Fingers crossed. I had 4month target. X

I have to lose between 5kg - 10kg in three months, so far I have lost 8lb on Slimming world so very near my target already and its been 2 weeks!!! My concern now is that I keep it off till June :sigh:

Well done u :) yeh that's the only thing I will prob just keep going even when I reach my target as to try keep it off as think that the best way I will manage (hopefully) lol x

I have to lose between 5kg - 10kg in three months, so far I have lost 8lb on Slimming world so very near my target already and its been 2 weeks!!! My concern now is that I keep it off till June :sigh:

If you're almost at your target for what you had to lose - continue to stick to the SW plan - anything else you lose will be a bonus ahead of your surgery and sticking to it will prevent you from putting it back on. It will also help you getting into the mindset that you need to be post surgery too :)

Just to update after my 3rd weigh in at SW I have lost 7.5 llb only 3.5lb to lose to reach my target for my next appointment. I am so focused this is the best motivator ever!!

Back