• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Smoking

Read Alan Carr's book, that will help.

I just decided to stop, and stopped. I've been a non-smoker for 2 years and 3 months now. It IS possible.

You can't imagine yourself not wanting a cigarette, but after a while that is exactly what happens.

You have to be strong enough to follow all the dieting advice and food intake surrounding your surgery, so be strong enough to do this. Don't let it control you!

Your health is at risk if you continue to smoke and have major surgery. What's more important?

Good luck.

Little update. Day 2 of smoke free. I have an electric one with grape flavour 0mg nicotine. I am craving really bad but this eases it slightly

Well done!! Keep going, it'll get easier with time. Your doing yourself a huge favour for your surgery & life after. Go girl!!!

well done & keep it up!! It IS worth it in the end xx

Now you just need an added incentive as well as having your op as a reward.

This was mine! I saved every week the money I would've smoked & now have a tidy sum for my new wardrobe & a holiday :D

Attachments

• 2014-04-02 09.32.47.jpg
    2014-04-02 09.32.47.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 27
Still not smoking, the last 2 days have been the toughest as there's been a lot of sadness.

That's a fab idea with the money, may have to start a savings account especially for the "ex fag money"

Quick update. I have now had the operation and immediately after I was sooo happy I had quit smoking as I got no post op chest related issues.

However as the days go by it gets harder and harder. As I am starting to heal the boredom is kicking in. The old me would eat or smoke my way through it, now I don't quite know what to do instead.

Keep going girly :)

Quick update. I have now had the operation and immediately after I was sooo happy I had quit smoking as I got no post op chest related issues. However as the days go by it gets harder and harder. As I am starting to heal the boredom is kicking in. The old me would eat or smoke my way through it, now I don't quite know what to do instead. Keep going girly :)

Keep going love! My mum was a heavy smoker and stopped with the patches..not sure if tried them already, even cravings went says once blue moon she goes to get one with coffee and remembers she doesn't smoke..?!

I few my friends have stopped with the Alan Carr book mentioned earlier!

Good luck love!!

Xx

Keep going love! My mum was a heavy smoker and stopped with the patches..not sure if tried them already, even cravings went says once blue moon she goes to get one with coffee and remembers she doesn't smoke..?! I few my friends have stopped with the Alan Carr book mentioned earlier! Good luck love!! Xx

Thanks Hun, I don't want to revert back to NRT if I can help it as I've been nicotine free for 16 days now. It's just those times of boredom I want to do something with my hands and mouth. Xx

Thanks Hun, I don't want to revert back to NRT if I can help it as I've been nicotine free for 16 days now. It's just those times of boredom I want to do something with my hands and mouth. Xx

Ah that makes sense! What about painting nails, I look up Pinterest and try to recreate designs!

Xx

Attachments

• image-3101266866.jpg
    image-3101266866.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 21
I have to say I am a bit of a nails girl. I've never used Pinterest though. May have to look into that one.

Thanks Hun x

Quick update. I have now had the operation and immediately after I was sooo happy I had quit smoking as I got no post op chest related issues.

However as the days go by it gets harder and harder. As I am starting to heal the boredom is kicking in. The old me would eat or smoke my way through it, now I don't quite know what to do instead.

Keep going girly :)
Hi hunni so pleased you survived the no smoking and your now post op thats wonderful :) well done and all the best........... now with regards to the boredom lol i was exactly the same............... hmmmm boredom = ciggy grrrrr i tried doing the nail thing......... that was good, because after giving up the fags my nails grew lol strange but true lol I still get the odd pang but now its easy to push it away because im determined im not going back now........after doing so well.............. I also get the same boredom at food is in my mind so to combat both i go out and walk. I know its early days for you but trust me as the days go by and your feeling better and better getting out in nature will do you the world of good :) so for now hang tight :) and soon your be pulling on your trainers and marching those lbs away :) x x x x

Back