• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started C25K Programme Today

I find walking intensely boring :( So never could get my head into it. But I guess we all find our groove :) BD - I totally get what you mean by London - I'd be terrified. Although if you're near a park it might be better to start there? I have a big shared garden and a parking lot that I started in.

Great idea. Completed my 2nd week C25K today, have a pin in my butt on the side of my sciatica problem. Think I need to be very careful going forward. I am sticking to my water workouts as these suit me. Gonna try the deep water one next week.

I get the sciatica too when I walk too much. Haven't had it with cycling.

Yes that's interesting you haven't had pain cycling. I think running (or rather a waddling jog LOL) is my problem. I definitely need to be careful as I have been pain free since loosing the weight so far. Water workout tomorrow & rest day on C25K. I might try just walking it on Tuesday.

Now my lower back pain has gone, I can walk at a really good aerobic pace (more than 60 steps per min) and sustain that for around 30 mins and cover in that time just over a mile, and then carry on and walk further at a more leisurely pace. Something I wouldve found impossible because of back pain before I had surgery... I'm always a little worried about actually jogging or running though, as you hear such stories of people damaging their joints and stuff...

That's fab Amanda - if you've had joint pain in hips or legs though before walking or jogging can place stress on the joints. So I suspect it just might not be the right exercise for BD yet.

Agree. Struggling to be honest. Just walked today. Water workouts much better for me. Really starting to leave the car behind now & using my legs, bus etc. to think could hardly manage to walk to the car in February pre op!

BD, are you taking an anti-inflammatory pain killer? As one thing my doc said is that the exercise will cause pain, but its not necessarily further damage, just inflammation.

Also it does get better - I have walked masses the last couple of days as back to work and must say that I feel absolutely amazing. Also in heels all day. No knee pain although I have a bit of back pain from carrying stuff all day.

No taken any yet but muscles do ache a bit. Might try some. Thx

Back