• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

Hi Anna how're you doing??

Mrs b my first fill is 5 weeks so I'll have had one week of food by then ... This is what the bariatric nurse advised. I'm still gonna check though ... Just cos I'm a bit like that lol

Lucky you with another 10 days off work ... That was great planning ;-) x. have you any plans?

Nearly time for a fill it's getting exciting!!

;-)

Not really any plans, going to see Kevin Bridges on monday and then play it by ear the rest of the week, maybe go up the Highlands or something :).

Will give the nurse a ring tomorrow I think.

Have a fabby day!

Oh Kevin bridges he's hilarious that sounds great, I'd love to see him. I do like seeing a good comedian ... You've inspired me to get something booked... My sister and I used to go all over the country to watch comedians we wanted to see... A good laugh is good for you I believe ;-)

Hi Anna ... Good luck on the first fill love. Mines booked for 28th Nov... I'm doing ok thanks, just bobbing along, trying to get more water in - I used to drink loads but I prefer hot drinks since the op. Looking forward to being able to have real food !! Only just over a week to go!!
X

Hope you all had a good Friday. First day of my weeks holiday for me, so a good day. My food intake has been good today, and I am finally losing again after being a bit stuck for a few days. TOTM started today, so that explains the stagnant weight this week.

Can´t believe it has been 3 weeks since my surgery....and how different I feel, how quickly I healed. I am sleeping so much better, my squished nerve in my leg (i have meralgia parastetica) has already played up a lot less, so thats a total bonus.

I do need to get more active tho, I have been such a sloth the last few weeks. But I put that down to recovery :D

I know what you mean Mrs b, I'm 3 weeks tomorrow and it's amazing how healed I feel. Seriously sick if puree though!
Have a good break :) x

Grrrr, my weight is stuck again. Lost one day, then put a wee bit back on and now standing stll again. isn´t it just weird? I used to eat so much more and still lost weight, now I am around 1000 to 1200 ckal a day, and my weightloss has slowed right down. I know it is probably because I switched to purree and its TOTM, but I am still annoyed about it.

Going back to the gym tomorrow, really need to start, even if it is just slowly. Then hopefully by next week I can start swimming again. Can´t wait!!!

I eat 800 calories a day but make sure my parameters are correct and I do 10000 steps a day and other things during the week.

MrsB - my weight loss has always been massively erratic. So far this week (my weigh-in is tomorrow morning) I've lost precisely half a pound and that's despite not topping 700 calories a day and hitting protein goals. I know that in a week or so they'll be a 'whoosh' and a chunk will go. It can be a bit frustrating when you see others losing consistently week in, week out but I think the thing to do is look at average loss over a longer period.

I agree sundown.. Don't worry Mrs b it will happen - simple maths - it will work. Sometimes it does go like that and then you'll loose a few pounds.

I'm trying really hard not to weigh everyday because it just gets me down if nothing happens or it goes up... Easier said than done though! X

KEEP CALM
and
STAY OF THE
DAMNED SCALES

They will screw with your brain if you let them.

Haha loop brilliant - funny and true ... I am staying off now until Friday :) once a week should be enough!

Well, I have been back to the gym this morning for the first time in a month. Felt really good afterwards. Obviously used much lighter weights, but truly enjoyed it.

Had greek yoghurt with curd when I came back. And just had mince, potatoes and a bit of red cabbage for lunch. Stuffed now.

Tnx Kirsty, I was going stircrazy, somethings gotta give lol. Plus I have no excuse this week, I´m off, and the weather is rubbish, and I really can´t sit on my backside anymore lol. Taking the pooches to Gullane bay tomorrow hopefully....the only nice(ish) day this week.

Just had a call from Nuffield, appointment was rearranged now for next week Monday because Mr. Kasem wants to be there for my first fill....so I will have 3 days of normal food by then....should be sufficient I hope. Does anyone know if you need to be sober for the fill? My appt. is at 10am.

Gullane is gorgeous xx

I think I might be seeing my Kasem again. I have just received a notice I have to go for a follow up endoscope

Played a couple of the good golf courses at Gullane years ago, enjoy the day.

Didnt go to Gullane after all, but just went to our local country park instead. Had a lovely walk, and even managed to stay dry. Got to the car just before the rain started. This was my first walk that wasn´t just on a straight path and I managed quite well. Hubby said I walk quicker now, which I doubt, he probably was just slower lol.

2 more days before I can have normal food...looking forward to it....but then it will be taken away again on Monday when I have my first fill....lol....oh well at least I will have a normal weekend....well the new normal :)

I'm looking forward to normal food but a bit nervous too tbh :) we're getting there :)

Back