• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band, My journey, the thruth, the whole thruth and nothing but the thruth

You look great! I've watched you go from having a hard time with your band to making it work - well done! It is such a hard surgery to make work - you must be so proud of yourself.

Thank you very much Yvessa, how is it all going with you?

I am doing really well thanks - just trying to keep in top of he head issues )

So do you miss hungry! How are you doing? Love the sassy picture :)

Feels good when you get there does it? So I think it's time for a little update. So I was banded October 2011 gosh time does fly when we are having fun doesn't it! As most people know I have taken the slow and steady route but I am for the first time in honestly EVER I am happy with myself. Now technically I have a stone and a bit to go but as some people around me says they are stuck in my boobs!!! No joke 4 stone and a bit later and my boobs have not changed! Still as big, but now I have a dilemma if I try to loose weight and the boobs go then I probably will have a divorce on my hand :) bless him. He is also really happy with me and said the most lovely thing to me : you can now see what I saw and its nice that you have confidence awhhhhh I hear but yea it was so lovely to hear. Now obviously loads of people will talk about goal wait or dress size etc but really what's important is for you to finally accept who you are and how you are. Example I wanted to loose wait for a lot of various reason and I kept saying to my other Half as a reward I can't wait to buy a pair of boots. I have big big calves due to my many years or cycling and horse riding. So now I am sexy and confident is size 12/10 oh yes thank you very much yet if I want a pair of boots I need to go to Evans shop!?! I don't mind at all because now I know that I am not meant to have skinny legs an it feels amazing letting down barriers and be one of those people that are like: so what?! I am not perfect but I like myself deal with it! See what I mean??? Anyway congratulation to everyone goo luck to the new ones and keep going to he ones half way there. It's happy time and this year is going to be big and not body wise whoup whoup xxx

Oh I can eat a pony right now!!!! One more hour and it stew time yum yum. What's for dinner the fellow banders???

Cottage pie and a big mug of horlicks as I am under calories for the day. Yum

Hi there, Im Jo, ive just joined the group and been reading your story - well done :) I have took the first step on the road to surgery today, I saw my gp for a referral to Sunderland hospital to ask about surgery, she gave me a password and code and I have made my first appointment online - I go on the 30th of this month, eeek, not long. I feel like a 'weight' has been lifted already, it took me a few cancelled gp appointments to even go and speak to her, but I am so glad I've been now. It is my 39th birthday tomorrow and I feel like making this first step is the best present I could have - I might not be so overweight in a few years time :) Anyways, a big Well Done to all of you on here, and I look forward to reading more, and hopefully posting my own story when it starts. Have a good evening. Oh and by the way, my tea today was mushroom stir frycoz I thought i'd try and be 'good'. Look forward to getting to know you all, Jo x

Welcome Jo and good luck on your journey. It Will take time bit it will be well worth it believe me :) xxx

Many thanks for the reply - I am excited for my future now :) I have only just told my husband about my appointment with my gp today, I had talked to him about gastric surgery previously, but he loves me regardless of size and pretty much said 'whatever makes you happy' when I asked his opinion. Anyways, he has said he'd like to come to my appointment with me. He looked a little sad that I hadnt told him I had decided to opt for surgery before i saw my gp, but I have expalined that it had to be my decision, without people talking me in, or out, of it. He will understand in time, I am sure. Plus, he might get back the slimmer woman he married 9 years ago, I was half the size and weight then ! Have a good evening, Jo x

He will come around mine did! And he is loving the new me not because I am much slimmer but because I feel much happier and it will be the same for your husband. However I would like to rant!!! Would everyone around me stop getting engaged or married argh!!!! Rant over thank you xxx

Another moan. I am very good at those!!! So I am lighter than before healthier ish than before happier than before BUT I still cannot get my over big muscle legs into any boots!!! All standard shops too small and Evans now too big!!! Why oh why do I like boots so much, it's not fair :( ;( snif snif

Mis ... Try some of the online stores/catalogues like shapely figures or viva la diva. They do lots of foot/calf width combinations ... Happy shopping :clap:

Hello Mis

Lovely to see you so happy (you need to change that name).

Well done on your loss, have a look at shoe tailor re the boots xx

Thank you guys xx

hi guys im back home and 2 weeks post op ended up having a hernia repair too didnt even know i had one but ive lost 12lbs so far so im very happy xx

Good glad you home. It is quite commun for them to do a repair while in there! Speed recovery and to a new chapter in your life

Back