• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The journey goes on

Kay1962

The Journey Starts

Well I am now into day 6 of my milk diet, still have 22 days to go. The first three days were really really bad I had to really fight the demons in my head telling me that I could have just a little something, but managed to beat them and here I am on days 6 and only on the dreaded milk and yogurt. I must say I dont crave much anymore, occassionaly I think it would be nice to have something solid but just a fleeting thought. I have found the jelly made with milk a God send as I do have a very sweet tooth, although even that has improved. Yesterday I had to remind myself to have my second glass of milk because by the evening I just didnt feel like anything. I am really excited and scared for the band to be fitted but have taken alot of inspiration from other banders on this site. I know we shouldnt wish our lives away but really wish the 6th May would hurry up now so I can really start my new life.
I havent told any of my inlaw family about the band because they just wouldnt understand and I am sure some of them would also have some nasty things to say. My husband is worried because he feels that I am living a lie, but really I feel that it is my life and I some things dont have to be said. My family are all very supportive and my daughters who are lovely and slim, are all for it. My daughter who is a photographer has taken some before pics which she will give to me in time and hopefully will take some more through my journey. Anyway now I have got all that out of the way I feel better!!!!

good luck when the time comes

try to stay strong it is only for a short time and when you have your surgery you will feel the benefit and know it was all worthwhile

Well I am now into day 6 of my milk diet, still have 22 days to go. The first three days were really really bad I had to really fight the demons in my head telling me that I could have just a little something, but managed to beat them and here I am on days 6 and only on the dreaded milk and yogurt.

Been there done that...well done for fighting them.....its all downhill now :)

Yesterday I had to remind myself to have my second glass of milk because by the evening I just didnt feel like anything.

I was like that -it may help to do a checklist, to make sure you take what your meant too...in relation to the capacity of milk etc....

I havent told any of my inlaw family about the band because they just wouldnt understand and I am sure some of them would also have some nasty things to say. My husband is worried because he feels that I am living a lie, but really I feel that it is my life and I some things dont have to be said.

Grrr people like that I wanna slap....Your doing this for YOU - sod the rest of them...and tell your husband - Its a new chapter of your life, get ready to be shocked at how good your'll feel and look...and yes it maybe a challenge, but its what you want to do!

My family are all very supportive and my daughters who are lovely and slim, are all for it.
Good that you have some support - remember, not everyone will understand, although my partner is supportive, he said earlier to me, hes glad I found this site, as theres others like me, and we can empathise easier with one another.

Bad day yesterday I was cooking stew for my boys and just couldn't help it, had to have a small bowl. Back in the mode seriously today as today is actually the official start date for my milk diet so now only two weeks today NO more straying I did weigh and haven't put on but didn't loose either. Have lost eight pounds in total over the week!!! Need to keep going down now

Bad day yesterday I was cooking stew for my boys and just couldn't help it, had to have a small bowl. Back in the mode seriously today as today is actually the official start date for my milk diet so now only two weeks today NO more straying I did weigh and haven't put on but didn't loose either. Have lost eight pounds in total over the week!!! Need to keep going down now

Kay....if cooking food that you like makes you tempted....perhaps get someone else to cook or cook something you dont really like. You have to stick to the milk diet hun....whens you operation, as I had no way out...I had to stick to it for 2 weeks...

Hi kay
wow,
why do you have to do the pre op diet for so long?

Hi was supposed to do two weeks but really bombed out after my first appointment so doing three weeks. So I should have started on Sunday,so won't cheat again now as my op in eleven days. Feeling quite light headed today not sure if it is because I have been on the go all day and maybe didn't drink enough. Back in the office tomorrow so can concentrate on fluids. Otherwise all good down ten pounds this morning. Unpacked a suitcase I found in storage and oh my gosh all smaller size clothes some still have tags on I just can't wait to get into them!!!!! Today first day no craving at all!!! Long may it last I think I am in the zone

How you doing with it Kay?

Remember when your hungry or light headed, drink some milk (with no added sugar crusha if you want).....or some squash (no added sugar).

Thanks Blue feeling much better today, just had call from hospital to confirm my op on the 6th so getting really excited/nervous/scared its all going to happen at last.

Thanks Blue feeling much better today, just had call from hospital to confirm my op on the 6th so getting really excited/nervous/scared its all going to happen at last.

Before you know it, your'll be waking up in recovery wondering why you were so nervous.....Its not what you expect, its less that you think...and you dont feel nothing till you wake up, but even then your given meds to not feel it, and its not like its screaming pain, its more like the worse period ever, but higher :)

Well been in Ireland since Thursday and somehow managed to get through without a single cheat. Had visitors staying with us so temptations were really strong but heyho I did it and my reward--- op moved forward to tomorrow so now the nerves are setting in. I am really really scared. I can't wait but at the same time SCARY!!!!!!i really can't wait to get off the milk and yogurt. Still two weeks of fluid but at least I can have soup. Well night all let's see what tomorrow brings xxx

Good luck for tomorrow , hope your recovery is comfy and pain free.
Em xxxxx

Ohh I can imagine you in theatre now.....Good luck for today...Hope the recovery is not too bad...and remember to ask if theres anything on your mind...x

Thanks all just waiting to go in. Trying really really hard to stay calm. Eeeeek I can't believe the time is here. Speak to ya all later I hope xxxx

Will you please get online and let me know how you are....Im now wondering too much! x

Well all went well. Had a small hernia that was also fixed. Made the first night with minimal pain killers. Came home early this morning. Staff at the Dolan were absolutely lovely and i couldn't fault them at all. I have been really thirsty all day but only managed half a yogurt so far. Been up a few times but mainly in bed. A bit sore at moment but taken paracetamol so we shall see. So at last i have gone over to the other side just hope it will all be worth it.

Oh fantastic news.....Glad your well...

The pain eases, every day....Dont worry....

Sleeping is awkward for the first 3-4 nights, prop loads of pillows up, in a V shape, so you lay into the V....and are supported, not to roll onto your side...

Sip drink often...and your appetite/hunger will not show yet, but try and do timings...Breakfast/lunch/dinner....and slowly your'll realise how much you can eat etc...

Dont be too scared, everything you need to know is on here really.....And before you know it, your be on mushy/mashed food and then your be loving it ;)

Glad they sorted the small hernia out took...

Not sure what they have told you about the dressings, but I left mine on for 5 days, then had them taken off by my nurse as I was petrified incase I ripped a steri strip....But when you have a nice shower, your'll feel better...

Dont forget- the trapped wind - new experience, really is irritable....WALK about your home, it helps x

Thanks blue. Feeling a bit rough this evening but am sure it will pass I may sleep in the recliner tonight thanks for all your advice really helps.

Back