• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The journey goes on

I found sleeping in my recliner chair helped....My partner was fine with it...Id go to bed with him, wait and see if I could sleep properly, if not, grab a pillow and head for the recliner...Keeps you up better...

Bad day haven't managed any soup have been drinking water but feeling quite sick. Had half a slim fast but not tasting good. Hope tomorrow better!!

Awww not good....But I did have a few days where I was just ikky....

It will get better...and then your'll forget you even had surgery (like me 17 days post op) lol ;)

Glad to hear your op went well, hope your recovery isn't too rough.
Em xxxx

Oh I really hope it is only a few days blue I have not been good today really hope it goes soon. Have a good night all. Xxxx

Day four post op - slept half the night in my bed then back to the recliner. Pain not too bad at all now in fact I think most of the pain is from hernia repair. Haven't had much too eat not really feeling hungry but having fridge milkshake this morning. Will try soup later. Can't wait to have a shower, wash my hair and get dressed really fed up with that side of things. Been reading up on hernia repair and that is what takes longest to heal, pain cause no heavy weights or straining for a few months so won't be back at gym properly for a while!!!!! To be honest I can't wait to have some solid food again. Liquids a bit tedious fot three weeks now!!! Only one week to go and I get mushy food. Enough moaning for one day because after all I have lost 20 pounds since pre op diet so woooo hoooo long may it continue. Have a fab day one and all.

Sounds like your getting through it....

Congrats on the 20lbs hun....I bet you feel great for that!

Hope your appetite is back soon...mine took a while as well.

I'm only 2 days in on this damn diet and I feel depressed as hell :( It's not just the not eating that's getting me down, it's like the nerves have kicked in too and I know in 18 days time I will have my op. My heads all over the place at the moment :(

Awww poor you grace sending u big hugs , it is quiet normal too feel like that on the diet , you should start too feel better on day 4/5 xxx

Grace I know how you feeling but yes definately improves on day 4. Yep and that worry and nerves is also not good, but you need to just keep thinking that this is going to be a brand new exciting life. I heve had a weight problem as far as I can remember so I just kept the thought of what is to come to get me through. Kept thinking how exciting it would be to walk into a shop and buy clothes off the rails!!! Keep to the diet and just think of the good things to come!!!

I'm only 2 days in on this damn diet and I feel depressed as hell :( It's not just the not eating that's getting me down, it's like the nerves have kicked in too and I know in 18 days time I will have my op. My heads all over the place at the moment :(

First few days on pre-op diet are the head bending ones....once your over them, it becomes routine to eat/drink only what your told to.

Have strength...remember the Operation will come faster than you know it, and then your be in recovery, and tasting foods again - slowly....

Im 3 weeks post op today, lost 25lbs since I started my pre-op diet on the 3rd April....and now im waiting for my first band fill on the 22nd may...and cant wait, as its almost 2 stone off my body in a month!

Kay....

Hows the sleeping? You managing to eat a bit more yet?.....Took your dressings off yet?

Hi kay
i had my band fitted on 3rd may,
reading your post
Day four post op - slept half the night in my bed then back to the recliner. Pain not too bad at all now in fact I think most of the pain is from hernia repair. Haven't had much too eat not really feeling hungry but having fridge milkshake this morning. Will try soup later. Can't wait to have a shower, wash my hair and get dressed really fed up with that side of things. Been reading up on hernia repair and that is what takes longest to heal, pain cause no heavy weights or straining for a few months so won't be back at gym properly for a while!!!!! To be honest I can't wait to have some solid food again. Liquids a bit tedious fot three weeks now!!! Only one week to go and I get mushy food. Enough moaning for one day because after all I have lost 20 pounds since pre op diet so woooo hoooo long may it continue. Have a fab day one and all.
This just how i feel, so it must be a normal thing to go through,

Hi all had a better night still having bed head raised and was a bit uncomfortable but watched a movie and then slept well 2 a.m.!!! Pain from banding just about non existent hernia getting better by the day, frustrating me alot because I have gone from quite active to near stand still grrrrrrrr. Haven't lost anymore weight but my calory intake may be too low. I am definately not feeling hungry. Managed soup twice yesterday. I am going to take my dressings off today and have a shower and more importantly wash my hair...... The wounds seem to be good. No redness or pain so if necessary will just stick new dressing over butterfly stickers. CAN'T wait for good shower. My husband gone back to Ireland on business so my first day alone.
Have a great day everyone and good luck to all of you starting out today xxxx

Well day 12 post op and nearly feeling human again. A few twinges from hernia and gets a bit tightwhen I walk too much. Can't wait to start eating food again. I am really tired of liquids now, into my fourth week - enough!!!! I went back to work today just for the morning wasn't too bad. Will be back full time next week. I was really proud of myself on Saturday, went to a party with family and I didn't have a single sip of alcohol, and not even a sniff of a snack and there were plenty of those!!!! I have not really felt very hungry but as I said feel the need for real food.
Very impressed with Dolan Park Hospital they have phoned me regularly to see how I am from the day I started my pre op diet. Got my date for first fill 6th may.

Glad your doing well Kay....

Shocked that your still on liquids....I was on soft/mushy foods from the beginning of week 3....

Have you not even started on mashed potato?....

Kay1962 said:
Well day 12 post op and nearly feeling human again. A few twinges from hernia and gets a bit tightwhen I walk too much. Can't wait to start eating food again. I am really tired of liquids now, into my fourth week - enough!!!! I went back to work today just for the morning wasn't too bad. Will be back full time next week. I was really proud of myself on Saturday, went to a party with family and I didn't have a single sip of alcohol, and not even a sniff of a snack and there were plenty of those!!!! I have not really felt very hungry but as I said feel the need for real food.
Very impressed with Dolan Park Hospital they have phoned me regularly to see how I am from the day I started my pre op diet. Got my date for first fill 6th may.

Hey kay , must be awful just being on liquid! I was with Dolan park and only had to do liquid for two weeks (only did 1) and since my surgery I've heard from them twice - very quick phone calls, also your fill is quite soon after your op and mine is booked next week which is 6 weeks. Can I ask which surgeon you had? Also which co- ordinator did you have? Xxx

No blue not even a potato!!!!!! Did two weeks liquid prevop and then two weeks liquid post op then two weeks stodgy. Sally was my co- ordinator and I also had Mr Super. Sally called me often pre op and the nurses have been calling post op.

Well at last four weeks of fluids FINISHED!!! I can't believe it. Feeling good at the moment. Was really looking forward to mushed up vegetables this evening but after small container of chicken and butternut soup that had not been watered down I honestly couldn't fit any veggies in!!!! I was really bad with my fluids today just forgot to drink so note to myself "don't forget to drink!". Traveling tomorrow so that will be interesting. Will have to take some food with me, a brand new experience no stopping at services any more for snacks!! My weight loss seems to have come to a stand still but I hope it is because I am still not very active. Hope it starts again soooon.

Hiya Kay

Hope your day out was easy....Glad your off the liquids!!!

My weight loss has been 1lb for the last 3 weeks...thankfully I get my first fill this coming Tuesday....So fingers crossed....You heard anything about yours yet?

Back