• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

mimi42

My name is michelle and i`v been over weight since i was 17 and i started living with my husband who was a chef and he cook wonderful high fat food.Then my children came along and more weight.I always had goals,lose weight before the kids go to school so i`m not the fat mum waiting at the gate,lose weight before a family wedding so i can go and ware something that doesn`t look like a tent(i did actualy lose four stone before a family wedding once,but it all went back on)lose weight before my daughter went to high school so i dont embarass her.
So now over the last couple of days my family and i have been talking about gastric bands and with there support i have dicided to go ahead .
My journey starts here.

Good luck! It's a fab journey :) x

:welcome:

thank you every one i`m contacting the hospital group asap.

Well done for taking the first step. You will get loads of good advice and support here xx

well i`v emailed them i wont to make my appointment so here goes .

Good luck & welcome. Everyone on here is fantastic.

Welcome. I went with the hospital group last July. It took two years to pluck up the courage to attend an appointment in the May, but once I did, I got swept along with the desire to change, and look where I am now :D best of luck with whatever you decide x

Well come Michelle & good luck! I too am at the start of my journey! Just waiting for a date now. all the best Sasha x

hi just made my appointment 18th june .i too have taken a long time to make that final step lets hope its all worth it thank you to every one for your replies.

Welcome, lots of luck on your WLS journey.
Keep us up to date with your progress.
Em xxxxx

hellowelcometeddybears.gif

hi all looking into having a gastric band.
if i started cutting down on carbs now do you think that would help me have the op quicker.i would like to have it asap, does having it done privatly mean you get it quicker,it`s taken me so long to make the appointment i just want it done so i dont change my mind.
17.3lbs.

mimi42 said:
hi all looking into having a gastric band.
if i started cutting down on carbs now do you think that would help me have the op quicker.i would like to have it asap, does having it done privatly mean you get it quicker,it`s taken me so long to make the appointment i just want it done so i dont change my mind.
17.3lbs.

I went private and was booked in 13 days after the appointment.....talk about whirlwind...I was 17.1 so same size as you, they don't hang around when private! If you can afford it I'd say go for it :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back