• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

thats great hope it goes just as quick.slimmer christmas hear we come.:D

hi all
for the last few days since i made the appointment all i think about and dream about is when im thin,now im so worried that something is going to go wrong because i really can not see myself thin.
when you`ve been fat for so long you just can not see past it,does it get better when the weight starts to come off.there are so many things that i hope it makes a difference to its hard to think positive,what if it doesnt work for me,what if i eat to much and we`ve payed out all this money for nothing.

were not rich this is the only spare money we will ever have,i say spare its some money we did`nt expect to get and because my husband worries about my health and being here for the kids he said lets use it for you.love him loads really.

does every one else think the same,im i normal

Iwoz the same weight as u and I only done 7 days on the diet as I got a cancellation so don't be surprised if u go too your appointment and get a call the next day too say they can fit u in lol xx

I know money is tight nowadays for everyone but if you can find a way to fund your WLS I would recommend it. There is no price on health. Also to be honest I have saved so much since my op coz not going out to restaurants & having full 3 courses plus wine, not drinking alcohol when I go out & coz my diet has changed so much & reduced in volume, My shopping bill is greatly reduced. Also saving on my NHS prescriptions for blood pressure tablets at around £15 a month! just an observation.

Just got a new phone testing it

Thank you for your replies every1

Hi mimi

I'm in the same boat I'm having a gastric sleeve on the 18th flying to Brussels with the wlsgroup. It's all I've thought and talked about for weeks now lol im paying £6895 already paid £1000 paying the balance 2moz and I'm dreading it lol actually parting with the money lol. Im really worried that it doesn't work and I've spent all that money god I cd ave booked Disneyland for the kids lol

And I understand wat u mean about seeing urself thin I can't c myself either. I've been fat since I left school so 15 years later I've had enough lol I'm 30 this year. It's time to change my life I've got 6 stone to lose xxxx

Yes i would like to lose about 6 stone aswell i think ill b paying about 5,000 you could take the kids on a great hols but you would not b able to do much or go on many rides and get tired very quickly and think about that beach with all those skinny yummy mums but next year that will b us.

Good luck with your op

Will do u 2

Don't do it !!.

Watch Lisa on you tube. five days after surgery, two years after surgery, then 5 years on lost 140lbs regained 60lbs. There are so many things they gloss over prior to surgery. Pain eating, sickness, hairloss, depression, inability to eat. If only I knew then what I know now I would have made more effort dieting. Life will never be the same. Can no longer eat out. No longer enjoy meals. Husband is living with a depressed, miserable person. Life is not worth living. Don't do it. Read case histories and threads. For every person who is happy there are 2 who are not. Diet exercise and live your life not endure it post op.

lynnewolves said:
Watch Lisa on you tube. five days after surgery, two years after surgery, then 5 years on lost 140lbs regained 60lbs. There are so many things they gloss over prior to surgery. Pain eating, sickness, hairloss, depression, inability to eat. If only I knew then what I know now I would have made more effort dieting. Life will never be the same. Can no longer eat out. No longer enjoy meals. Husband is living with a depressed, miserable person. Life is not worth living. Don't do it. Read case histories and threads. For every person who is happy there are 2 who are not. Diet exercise and live your life not endure it post op.

Hi lynn!

Sounds like uv had a rough time. If u don't mind I have some questions. Wat surgery did u have? Why does it make u miserable and depressed? How long post op r u? Xxx

Welcome mimi42 - I'm waiting for the bypass at the moment. Please read a wide range of the threads on this forum and if possible go along to a support meeting (BOSPA or otherwise - they are indispensible). Please do not be put off by the above quote, do your research and chat to as many people as possible.

Moving on from that - I felt I needed to respond to the above quote;

I have seen these on youtube (and read some of the womans blog) - this woman did regain weight, but it's not really surprising as she freely admits that she eats things that she shouldn't (such as bread, cheeseburgers, etc. She obviously didn't change her attitude towards the foods that she ate. She talks a lot about those who have WLS not becomming 'skinny' and says WLS professionals tell us that we can be skinny.

Well, from the research I've done, the fact is that these operations are not a miracle cure - they are literally a bit of extra help - the person having the op still has to work hard, change their lifestyles and the way they eat in order to be successful. I have not met one health professional who made the claim that I will be 'skinny' after the op - they talk about the op enabling me to reduce my excess weight. I do not dream of being skinny, I doubt that will ever happen. I do dream of being a lot lighter than I am now and that is enough for me.

The first person I ever met who'd had a bypass was a member of a womans group I ran around 19 years ago (it wasn't keyhole surgery then, and she was proud to show off her scar). She did actually manage to lose all her excess weight over a period of around three years - and to this day, she is still happy and healthy. She achieved this by changing her habits and taking responsibility for maintaining her healthier lifestyle post -op. She never assumed that she would be able to lose the weight and return to her previous eating habits - she knew then, and reminds herself regularly, that hard work, determination and responsibility regarding what she puts into her body that all count towards her success.

Last edited:
Thank you all i will have a look but i have done a lot of research and thought about it for a long time im certainly not going into this blindly i no i will have to work hard aswell iv already started to reduce my intake of fatty foods but this will help me start i no me and once the weight starts to come off ill feel good about myself and want to lose more

And now the questions start .i just got my appointment paperwork through and my dear husband starts with the questions will l stop eating or will i eat crap still do i think it will work,will i work hard wot if you don't lose weight why don't i use the treadmill now and try to lose some b4 will i b happy thinner but having saggy skin .then he wonders why i get defensive and raise my voice .i don't no the answers to these questions and doesn't he think iv asked myself the same things over and over again.

well i`v cut down on loads of fatty food over the last week and lost 6lbs really proud of myself but i no it wont last unless their is something their to stop me all the time or a least help.:D

Hi Mimi,
I completely understand where you are coming from, I've had the same concerns and battles with myself. I am worried sick that I am wasting my money and letting myself in for a lifetime of pain/ regrets etc. I need to ideally lose about eight stone. I made my appointment and then a day or two later the advisor rang me for a chat and I got a provisional date for the operation just two weeks later! Argh! I am now on the pre op diet and have lost roughly 9 pounds and it is very very hard, but I was told it would be. My op is on Tuesday 16th June!!! Argh! But I am excited now more than nervous. I am worried that I will cheat afterwards or struggle, but have decided I would rather regret what I know than what I don't know. At least I have tried. I agree with what you said about its ok losing the weight now but it's the keeping it off, I know I could just as easily put this 9 pound back on over the weekend!! Now my partner is saying well look you have lost this weight do you really need the op? Yes. After 22 years of being big I do need this op. not long now. I am paying myself because my doctors were unable to help me due to the fact I work and could not attend the weekly meetings which was extremely frustrating, but at least I know it's over and done with fast. The hospital group had operation dates in July too, you could be done and dusted soon too if you decide to go ahead! It's a massive decision you need to be sure and strong to go ahead with it.
Good luck whatever you decide x

Back